IGNORED

Guys I do not know what to do!

Yama Mama

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess what, it is now May 3. 80 degrees outside. And our RSV is still in the garage.

I am trying to be understanding and not nag him.

I told him are first ride should not be to Freebird's on June 2. I am hanging in there, it is just not easy.

Yama Mama

There is a very easy answer to this. You know where I live. Just come to Oberlin, wash and wax my bike and I'll take you for a ride. :thumbsup2:

Ah Don, Don, Don!

You beat me to it.

Perhaps you'll have more luck than me, seeing you're closer and there are bridges.

If you can get to Oz Peg, I'll wash and polish my own bike and STILL take you for a ride.

:bighug:

Ah Don, Don, Don!

You beat me to it.

Perhaps you'll have more luck than me, seeing you're closer and there are bridges.

If you can get to Oz Peg, I'll wash and polish my own bike and STILL take you for a ride.

:bighug:

Spear I just wish you were closer.

Thanks for the offer.

Yama Mama:beer:

one post said we guys dont' take hints so hit us with a direct request - that is true. now if hubby doesn't take you then - I see 3 results - one) be ok with not riding and have that brewing inside, no matter how small the pot, or two) get your own ride. and 3) ride with someone else. but that can be a drag cuz we want to be with our spouse - so it can be bitter sweet.

just a few weeks ago we bought lady massey her own ride. it is the 2000 zuki 800 intruder I have a post on. all that is to be done is the safety class and license endorsement. she doesn't mind riding with me, but it's the watch the back of my helmet thing plus she likes to ride. time is one of our issues, so we ride when we can. also watching ride like a pro, females can learn to ride the big bikes, just got to do it.

I'm seeing a negligee draped across the seat to the handle bars with a note saying you "will trade rides"...:cool10:

Did I actually type that outloud..?:shock3:

That idea certainly fits well with the thought of your signature! You should continue to listen to the voices.

:cool10:

Ok, now I'm going to be serious,, maybe:

1) Keep in mind we are the best in what we do when we are enjoying what we're doing, so if he doesn't want to ride, for a day, or forever, he is not going to be his best at it if he should ride at that time. And we all know we need to be at our best when we ride or it just ain't safe.

2) Life is a funny thing. We need to live with ourselves as well as with others and others need to live with us. Change happens, in our lives as well as the lives of others, sometimes the effects of change are positive and sometimes not. What makes a relationship beautiful is how these changes are dealt with within that relationship. There is give and take, but we should mainly focus on the give. Funny thing is that the more we give the more we seem to receive, and the more we take the less we seem to get.

So something has changed, and it seems to be affecting you a lot.

There are 2 ways to look at issues in ones life. If you have an issue, you first need to define if it's a problem (something a person can do something about) or a situation (something one can't do anything about). If it's a problem, you can investigate the best approach to effect change around the issue, if it's a situation then it's time to effect change with ones self so that it makes life easier and nicer to live. That's called attitude adjustment. Sounds harsh when you first hear it, but when used becomes a real bonus in ones life, for like it or not, we like\love things or dislike\hate things entirely on our take, or attitude toward things in our life.

So far, it seems that you have not been able to effect change, so for now it may be a situation and it's getting under your skin and is going to cause more serious problems, so make an attitude adjustment,,, at least for now. In time, things may change around and you'll find that you made need to adjust that attitude again, but for now, life is flying by and you may be missing out on some other valuable things in your territory because you're so hung-up on one thing.

Now that I've re-read what I wrote I can say: Boy, that looks easy!,,,,, not quite as easy as it looks from my end,,, I know that,,,,, and I do sympathize with you,,,, but I also want to see that each day goes well with you, not just some here and there.

Hope this helps.

Carl

Yama Mama, I only know you through this forum and the chat room. I guess I thought you rode your own bike. Unless there is a physical reason you can't ride your own bike, you should take the MSF course and then get your own bike. My wife rode her own bike 25 years ago, then we raised two kids, and I got new hips. Then I got another bike (my Royale) and started riding again. I asked my wife to ride with me and she did for a couple short hops, but immediately said she was going to get her own bike. I helped her find one, but it was her decision with her money, and she loves her Honda Shadow Ace Tour. It is a great bike for around town or highway, we have taken several decently long trips together on our own bikes. It may not be for you, but I LOVE seeing my wife on her own bike. She enjoys it and we have a blast. Her bike wasn't that expensive, and I even like riding it from time to time (when she will let me!) :cool10:

Check out some local clubs and dare I say it.....the local GWRRA might be a good one to get to know since they are almost everywhere, and I love riding with our local chapter in Peoria, IL. I am sure you have friends also in your area that can help you get going safely. A small bike to start is a good way to go. You can always sell it and move up, but starting out on too big a bike may be a bad move, so try some out and see if you like any of them.

In any case, best wishes.

Ok I think eveyone who lives close to you should stop buy and take you for a ride on their bike.

Or another idea would be a "Take Peggy for a Ride" booth at Don's..:whistling:

It would cost 10 bucks for the honor of taking Peggy for a spin and all the money would go to Don and Eileen to help defray the cost of MD.......I'm just say'n.....:D

Or another idea would be a "Take Peggy for a Ride" booth at Don's..:whistling:

It would cost 10 bucks for the honor of taking Peggy for a spin and all the money would go to Don and Eileen to help defray the cost of MD.......I'm just say'n.....:D

That sounds like a great idea!!!!:thumbsup2:

:Venture: