IGNORED

Someone stole the trailer

Condor

Dad gum it!!!! Got up around 3am and the trailer was gone. Someone stoled it. I took a ride around the neighborhood just in case some kid didn't run it a few houses down and dump it. Nothing. It's insured...I think?? It's registered under the '99's policy, but wasn't attached. So we'll see. Pisses me off....

Sorry to hear that Jack!!!

I just posted the info on Craigslist and the Pashnit Board. That should cut down on the possible palces the perp can unload it.... Also the theft report is in with the CHP. Hopefully it'll turn up in the next 48 hrs. One nice thing is it's very unique for this area. Probably the only one in norcal.

That has to really suck.

Some times it is better to not post and just watch for it to show up so that you can then go to buy it with a LEO as your helper.

Check your insurance carefully.

On my policy the trailer is only covered while connected to the tow vehicle.

Even to the point that if the ball were to break and the trailer took off on its own and hit another vehicle, it is not covered. I specifically asked these questions of my agent and he had to check with the main office.

For me a trailer is only really covered if it has its own policy.

It is the same for my little trailer for behind the bike or the big RV for behind the truck.

That has to really suck.

Some times it is better to not post and just watch for it to show up so that you can then go to buy it with a LEO as your helper.

Check your insurance carefully.

On my policy the trailer is only covered while connected to the tow vehicle.

Even to the point that if the ball were to break and the trailer took off on its own and hit another vehicle, it is not covered. I specifically asked these questions of my agent and he had to check with the main office.

For me a trailer is only really covered if it has its own policy.

It is the same for my little trailer for behind the bike or the big RV for behind the truck.

Yeah.... I'm not sure if the fine print is going to get in the way either. I think when I registered it with the insurance company they said it's covered completely, but we'll see.

Sorry about your trailer man! I have lots of trailers for different things on the ranch and I use locks on every one of them. Master Lock makes a couple that are pretty cool, one has a ball with a u shaped piece that goes over the hitch and the other one has a shield and ball combo made of stainless that slides and it is very visible.. great little deterrents, they would have to make alot of noise to get em off. I got mine at Tractor Supply. :080402gudl_prv:

Jack,

Maybe it was "attached" but just had a pin instead of a lock?

Else, your homeowners insurance will likely cover it up to your deductable.

After the fact,,, but you can cover the trailer speciffically under it's own policy for damage and theft,,, very cheap. I have my utility trailer, that I paid about $1,200 for, insured on it's own policy ($250 deductable) for $14 per year, with State Farm.

I did that because when I bought it several years ago there was a rash of trailer stealing at the big box stores. Also, if a friend borrows it and does serious damage,,, covered.

Mike G

Well is was locked.... I just hope they don't get to prying on them to get inside and get the coupler open and then abandone it somewhere. Plus they are going to have a biatch of a time wiring it up. The wiring color code on that thing is in a world all it's own. :whistling:

Wondee why they unhooked it from the bike instead of just taking the bike and trailer together. Must have just wanted the trailer :thumbsup2::whistling:

This is a distinct possibility if it was in fact hooked to his RSV.

:rotfl:

But had the trailer been hooked to one of the first gens, he would have then most assuredly lost both of them.

:crying:

Gary

Jack,

Maybe it was "attached" but just had a pin instead of a lock?

Else, your homeowners insurance will likely cover it up to your deductable.

After the fact,,, but you can cover the trailer speciffically under it's own policy for damage and theft,,, very cheap. I have my utility trailer, that I paid about $1,200 for, insured on it's own policy ($250 deductable) for $14 per year, with State Farm.

I did that because when I bought it several years ago there was a rash of trailer stealing at the big box stores. Also, if a friend borrows it and does serious damage,,, covered.

Mike G

"DITTO" cheap insurance