IGNORED

The Adventure Starts Today

bongobobny

OK snuggled in at a Hampton Inn in Waltersboro SC and etcswjoe just left after a wonderful visit. One more Venturerider I can now put a face to the name! He rode over. Must be nice to be able to ride in January!

Todasy's pictures are from a bridge on Rt 19 in WV that thanks to Yammer Dan I knew enough to stop and check out...

Really enjoyed meeting yall, It was a real nice ride over and back right at 100 miles, supposed to be 80 today.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bob something reminded me this morning.When shopping in the Islands be very carefull shopping and standing in line holding cash card or wallet in your hand. They are watching to snatch it and run. And they can run. Snatched a twenty out of my hand the 1st week I was working down there. Shocked when I caught them. Cops couldn't believe it. Said nobody ever catches them. Guess they weren't used to snatching beer money from crazy hillbillies. I could run then. I would just have to stand and watch them go now. Megan Bay is the beach you want to see on St Thomas if you get the chance. And the view from the top of Crown Mountain is something. Don't forget to try the Goat water Stew!! And the Bush Tea!! And Rosie O'Gradys Bar. Conch Fritters. Man I wish I was back there for a few days!!

Just got back from lunch with the BoBo's. Had a great, but short time. Kinda hard to cram so much into an hour. Real nice people. Maybe we'll get together for a longer period sometime in the future. From what I gather though, Big Tom is still the winner of the B.U.B. club hands down. I dont know what that means......:whistling:

Bob and Becky, it was great meting you two. Have a safe trip and bon voyage.....:smile5:

All tucked in for the nite in Vero beach. After having a wonderful lunch conversation with Ruffy we stopped in a mall in St Augustine to get some exercise. Finally got to Vero Beach around 7:00 but had a little bit of a hard time finding the place. Thinking we were finally turning into their parking lot I found myself on the entrance ramp to I95 again so we had to drive to the next exit 17 miles away and turning around to come back. Stuffed ourselves at the Cracker Barrell next door. Settling in with some nice West Virginia vodka, and hoping to get ahold of Tuff Tom to meet up on the way to Boca Raton tomorrow...

OK I totally forgot to take sa picture of Tuff Tom, my apologies! We hop on the boat tomorrow. I don't think I can survive without VR for over 8 days! Might have to spring the big bucks for ship internet access...

OK, here's what you do...wait till the ship is out to sea, go out on deck take a good look around, take several deep breaths of that sea air and all will be well. repeat as needed.

Now, HAVE A GOOD TIME:dancefool:

Yes it can be Jack!! I want to LOOSE weight, not gain it...

Don't go!! It's a proven fact that no one.... absolutely no one... looses weight on a cruise.... :big-grin-emoticon: Those health spas they have on board are there just to satify a few guilt feelings... :stickpoke:

...and make money!

We made it on board with everything we intended on bringing except my camera. Hopefully it is still in my car and not laying in the parking lot. I took a picture of the boat from the parking lot then put my GPS away in the console. Took the elevator to boarding, got rid of the luggage except the carry on. Went to get the camera out of carry on bag and couldn't find it!

They have this really nice 14M Olympus with 18x optical zoom and 3D capability for $229 I'm eyeing up...

Spent the day out in the sun as was suggested by someone here. Last night was formal night so I got to wear my new tux I bought last month. never owned one and now I do. Had lobster tails for dinner. Came home and found a new pet in the room waiting for us.

Today is kind of a rocky day on the high seas...

Spent the day out in the sun as was suggested by someone here. Last night was formal night so I got to wear my new tux I bought last month. never owned one and now I do. Had lobster tails for dinner. Came home and found a new pet in the room waiting for us.

Today is kind of a rocky day on the high seas...

It's amazing how many different shapes housekeeping can come up with.... :thumbsup2:

Sorry I haven't been posting for a few days but the internet is painfully slow aboard the Carnival Freedom! Yesterdsay I burned up 20 minutes just deleting all the junk email I get daily.

The last 3 days have been all port calls first at St Thomas followed by Antigua and today Tortola. We got burned by the tour company for our shark encounter but I was able to get a full refund. Yesterday was a fantastic time doing an Eco tour and snorkeling adventure. We went to Hell's gate and back and survived. Bought a tee shirt to prove it! Met a couple from Scottsdale AZ and we hit it off well enough that we have even exchanged addresses and phone numbers! No, unfortunately they do not ride.

Today was not quite as fun but was an OK day none the less. We took a bus tour of the island and got back just in time to board. Tonight is the returning guest party soi we get free drinks for an hour. Wonder how many we can guzzle down.

Afraid to try to download any pictrures, we might back in Ft Lauderdale before it is finished...

Sorry I haven't been posting for a few days but the internet is painfully slow aboard the Carnival Freedom! Yesterdsay I burned up 20 minutes just deleting all the junk email I get daily.

Gotta agree with you on the slowness, and I can't understand why that is since it's a satilite link?? I can't remember how much time I bought on the last trip to Alaska, but only used half of the time, and when we got the final bill they had credited back the unused portion.

Gotta agree with you on the slowness, and I can't understand why that is since it's a satilite link?? I can't remember how much time I bought on the last trip to Alaska, but only used half of the time, and when we got the final bill they had credited back the unused portion.

It was painfully slow on the Norwegian Dawn last winter as well. I had a tiny bit of work to do and it took me most of the afternoon......at least the waitress kept coming around and refilling my drink....lol

Brian

Becky get in that Jewelry on St Thomas?? I never saw such a collection.
Yes, we ended up leaving with 2 new necklasses and ear rings for her. Seems like every other store was a jewelery store!! Also we took pictures of what might be the poles you were talking about if they were the one that the tram uses to get to the top. There is also a communications tower at the top.

I ended up with a new camera that I'm really liking a lot!

Tomorreow is Nassau for one more historical bus tour and one last souviner shopping trip. I expect to buy a couple more shirts and we have one more gift to buy for theson in law. We have no idea what to get him but I'm sure we will find something appropriate.