IGNORED

Second Ignitech Aftermarket TCI group buy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I installed my TCI today and took the Beast for a short ride. My TCI is supposed to have the Vmax curve to compliment my engine configuration. The engine seems to run smoother with more power available from 2k to 4k. The 'sweet spot' seems to have gone up in RPM! I have posted a few pictures of the install. I fabricated a plate to mount the TCI and act as a heat shield. The MAP sensor is mounted next to the TCI (left). I will be replacing my clutch this weekend and then a little hot rodding . . .

:225:

I can't buy advertising as good as this !!!!

:sign isnt that spec

I am glad it's working better !!!!

It's scary when I put these buys together. Hoping they all work on the different bikes they go to. I sold my one I got last year on ebay to a VMax owner and he can't get his started with it. It's an 86 VMax, should be a direct plug in for the one I sent him and he can't get bike to fire with it, but it will with his old TCI. He sent it back to me to check, I plugged it right into my bike and it started right up. The guy is being very good to work with, but I don't know why it won't fire up.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...
I can't buy advertising as good as this !!!!

:sign isnt that spec

I am glad it's working better !!!!

It's scary when I put these buys together. Hoping they all work on the different bikes they go to. I sold my one I got last year on ebay to a VMax owner and he can't get his started with it. It's an 86 VMax, should be a direct plug in for the one I sent him and he can't get bike to fire with it, but it will with his old TCI. He sent it back to me to check, I plugged it right into my bike and it started right up. The guy is being very good to work with, but I don't know why it won't fire up.

Gary

When you tested it, did you use the jumper harness that you sent with the kit?

Ot when you retested it? :080402gudl_prv:

When you tested it, did you use the jumper harness that you sent with the kit?

Ot when you retested it? :080402gudl_prv:

I used my harness, then I put his harness on. They both worked fine.

We still haven't got it going yet.

Gary

• 2 months later...

Hi Gary,

I see you don't have any of the new V88 TCI modules left from the last group buy. I have a 86 venture 1300 stock and currently it's dead. It starts runs for a few minutes and then dies with no spark. If I try again later it starts again and dies again. If I were to contact IgniTech myself, what specifically would I order? I need this bad and quick. Need to ride in this awesome weather. Thanks in advance.

Scott

Hi Gary,

I see you don't have any of the new V88 TCI modules left from the last group buy. I have a 86 venture 1300 stock and currently it's dead. It starts runs for a few minutes and then dies with no spark. If I try again later it starts again and dies again. If I were to contact IgniTech myself, what specifically would I order? I need this bad and quick. Need to ride in this awesome weather. Thanks in advance.

Scott

You need a TCIP4, 4channel, V80 TCI for a 1986 OLD Venture.

Specifically say OLD Venture, that is what they call the 4 pickup coil bikes.

I would try & get a V80 unit as opposed to the v88. There have been some of the V88 cut out briefly.

Gary

First post says, if ya got a Igni, post your remarks about it :)

Total run time with the current Ignitech V88 TCI, is roughly a week, after putting in the new map. The bike runs even better.

I think I've gotta replace my sliders&Dia's, but so far, this has been a great run. No problems, starts up quick, fast, responsive. Damn, makes me wonder if the engine got replaced!

Hi Gary,

Scott

Scott, while it might be a good Idea to replace the TCI, but, if i'd be in your Shoes, i'd check the Resistance of the Pick-Up Coils when the Bike dies.

I don't know if I missed it, but the electrical connector for my MAP sensor doesn't match up with what's on my bike. Do I need to install a different connector? I also see I need to attach the vacuum tube to a different location, is it the carb boot where you would attach the Carbtune? Could I use the stock sensor but attach it to that location? I'm hoping to have it running tonight/tomorrow and I still have the stock one hooked up.

-Andrew

The 3 pin connector wired into the TCI adapter cable hooks up to the supplied MAP sensor that I sent.

Pictures attached.

The 24" vacuum hose I sent goes from the left rear carb intake port (where carbtune hooks up) to the port on the MAP sensor I sent.

There is a rubber plug in package, that will fit over the port on the 83 carb rack on the left front carb. The existing rubber hose, stock vacuum sensor & wiring are not used.

Gary

I'm not a home right now, maybe I just missed that wire/connector...

Will post back in a few hours what I find out. I could have been staring right at it and not seeing it. It's been a long week working on the bike. Thanks for the quick post back.

-Andrew

Ok, I took it on a 440 miles trip Sat, I am also having the 3500-4000 rpm cut-out. Most of the time if I wasn't watching the tach I wouldn't have noticed it. It drops but bounces right back up and the engine didn't seem like it missed. But there were a couple of times it was longer and the engine started bogging down but then went back to normal. So I guess I'll have to look at a different program to install.

-Andrew

• 1 month later...

Well I finally got my Ignitech module and disc last night but even though I asked for the V80 they sent me the V88. I have ordered the General Motors 1 Bar (non-turbo) MAP sensor as described. My question is now what program do I use?

I've seen on the thread below is for the V80 but is there a different program for the V88 module. Also are the rest of the connections to the MAP sensor from the V88 the same as described in the thread below.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40414

Thanks for your help

There is a rubber plug in package, that will fit over the port on the 83 carb rack on the left front carb.

Gary

Does it matter if you instead plug the left rear carb port and connect the MAP sensor to the left front carb port? :confused24:

Does it matter if you instead plug the left rear carb port and connect the MAP sensor to the left front carb port? :confused24:

On the 83 ONLY, there was a special port 'above' the butterflies on the left front carb, as well as the sync ports on the manifolds. This was done away with on all later models. This port WILL NOT work for current ingitech mods, because it has the wrong vacum signal above the butterflies.

Gary included a plug for capping off the 83 port,

For ingitech, all models use a manifold port.

Well I finally got my Ignitech module and disc last night but even though I asked for the V80 they sent me the V88. I have ordered the General Motors 1 Bar (non-turbo) MAP sensor as described. My question is now what program do I use?

I've seen on the thread below is for the V80 but is there a different program for the V88 module. Also are the rest of the connections to the MAP sensor from the V88 the same as described in the thread below.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40414

Thanks for your help

Anything I have related to the Ignitech units is free for the asking. I will get you whatever info, or programs you need. PM me or # is in profile.

Send me a email and I can send you some stuff. PM system here does not allow file transfers for security reasons.

Do you have the USB~Com interconnect cable.

Map sensor hookup is same as in the original thread started by TVKing.

Gary

I missed out on the last buy and kicked myself for it. When you do the next buy, I'm in.

Thanks for setting this up.:)

I do not fore see doing another group buy in light of the issues some of us had with the last round of TCI's

If anyone wants to do it, I will help them with setting it up.

Gary