IGNORED

Second Ignitech Aftermarket TCI group buy

Hey Dingy. I was wondering if they did any extensive testing on the new V88 TCI? I hope we aren't going to be the guinea pigs. It seems like it would be a better TCI overall.

I don't know how much testing testing they done, this is more of a modification to the existing unit.

They have done upgrades to this same style TCI in the past and it worked fine.

If you let me know soon I can have them send the V80 module for you.

Gary

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question. I'm getting one for my '83 (which happens to be in a class of it's own when it comes to one-off electronics, dash, vacuum, etc), what happens if I need to use it on a different year engine? I'm digging in soon to fix my second gear issue, and I don't know if I will repair or replace. If I replace with a later engine, can it be changed over? Like a '87 or '90? Will it need a new wiring harness? Reprogram?

Just wondering, that's all.

-Andrew

I have a question. I'm getting one for my '83 (which happens to be in a class of it's own when it comes to one-off electronics, dash, vacuum, etc), what happens if I need to use it on a different year engine? I'm digging in soon to fix my second gear issue, and I don't know if I will repair or replace. If I replace with a later engine, can it be changed over? Like a '87 or '90? Will it need a new wiring harness? Reprogram?

Just wondering, that's all.

-Andrew

Changing motor to 89 or older is no change to TCI.

Changing to a 90-93 will need a new program loaded into it via a laptop & USB/com cable. Also harness will need reconfigured, this is not real hard to do & I can supply changes, or I can do it for you.

This is due to pickup coil difference between 83-89 & 90-93 motors.

On the 83 bikes I will ship a rubber cap to block port on carbs & vacuum will be attached to #2 intake. This makes the 83 motor function the same as the 84-89 as far as vacuum is concerned.

Gary

Dingy,

If it's just an update and you feel it will work better than the v80, I will take the v88 TCI. You've been going at this way longer than I have lol. Are you still getting the new sensor too? Thanks.

Dingy,

If it's just an update and you feel it will work better than the v80, I will take the v88 TCI. You've been going at this way longer than I have lol. Are you still getting the new sensor too? Thanks.

I have the software program for the V88 module and it is the same as the V80 for the most part. There are several upgrades to it, but I think overall the functioning will not be affected by these upgrades.

I have new MAP sensors on order for the new modules also. If someone doesn't want a new MAP sensor, the price is $20 less. But I am leaning towards putting a new sensor on. The stock sensors have been known to fail.

The harnesses are being made with the connection for the new MAP sensor, if someone wants to hook into the stock sensor I will configure harness for that.

Gary

Gary I am probably going to miss this Group Buy.

I will have the money, but not in time so I was wondering ...

If I have to source the unit directly from Igniteck, are you able to supply the rest of the kit?

I know this wouldn't be the cheapest way to do it, but I want the unit before Rally season starts and I can't think of another way.

Steve

I have some extra units coming that are unsold at this point. If you can get me a down payment on one I will hold it for you.

The MAP sensor is what I may not be able to help you with. I bought enough to match the number of TCI's I am getting. My supplier is in China and shipping is not cheap from this factory.

I also have some extra USB/Com cables coming.

Other than that, I will give you any information, programs or help you need.

Gary

Did you order the new version units?

I'll get you a $50 deposit hopefully this weekend. Ebay is full of MAP Sensors, but if you do end up with a spare I'll take a new one.

I am getting the latest version of the TCIP4 units. It has actual MAP features based on pressure. Also has enhanced inputs on the two kill inputs. Now has enhanced outputs with more options, appears two have 2 outputs based on RPM's & vacuum. One can be used for a shift light and other for a drag racing type launch RPM. These 2 will appeal to the VMax group.

If you are getting one of my units I have a MAP sensor coming for it, I just don't have any spares.

Gary

• 4 weeks later...

I got the TCI's today. They are the new V88 style. Outside of the case & harness connectors are identical to the previous versions.

I will ship them no later than Monday, 3/5/12.

I have to get all the MAP sensors attached to harness, test on my bike to get the MAP setting correct for the new style. Get CD's ready. Pack them.

I have 17 to get ready.

I have 3 extras available at this time.

Gary

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/gdingy101/IMG_1048.jpg

Are the differences between the latest generation of the IgniTech TCIP4 hardware based or is it strickly a firmware/programming upgrade? I would like to see if the older V80 units (1 year) can be made compatible with the latest version V88 TCIP4. It's maybe wishful thinking, but I hate it when the electronics get left in the past when the units get an upgrade.

I asked the people at IgniTech last year if they could help me fully utilize the MAP sensor input function with the V80 TCIP4 and they said it wasn't needed or possible. Fast forward a year and here we are.... I may be making a fuss over nothing, but I keep all my bikes for a long time and I like to see them operate to their best potential.

I am 99% sure there is a hardware revision for the new software.

I don't know that much about it or if there is in fact a hardware change, but the new TCI's are marked V88. I haven't had a chance to try them yet. I sold my V80 version on ebay a couple of weeks ago so I could keep one of these for my bike, so I can't experiment with it.

I will send you the V88 software if you want to try it. PM me an email address.

Gary

Are the differences between the latest generation of the IgniTech TCIP4 hardware based or is it strickly a firmware/programming upgrade? I would like to see if the older V80 units (1 year) can be made compatible with the latest version V88 TCIP4. It's maybe wishful thinking, but I hate it when the electronics get left in the past when the units get an upgrade.

I have been operatiing an actual Throttle Position Sensor with the v80 TCIP4 form the last buy with, IMO, better preformance than the MAP sensors on TPS inputs.

I have been working with dingy to confirm my opinion that TPS is better, then the v88 option popped up that IS designed to use MAP sensors. Was hoping to trade my v80 plus a few $ with someone buying a new v88 , so I could continue to experiment both ways, but so far no takers.

My TPS interface with the carbs is not the safest setup, and currently working on safer install that could be installed by other v80 owners.

Well, I ALMOST got the new TCI. Dang USPS left a yellow tag on my door. Gotta go there tomorrow and pick it up. I thought they'd be lazy like all the other carriers and just throw it over the fence and be done with it. But NO, they want a signature. So one more day of waiting. It'll be a while til I get my bike back together and in running condition, so no immediate report on how it works.

Thanks again to dingy for this group buy.

-Andrew

Well, I ALMOST got the new TCI. Dang USPS left a yellow tag on my door. Gotta go there tomorrow and pick it up. I thought they'd be lazy like all the other carriers and just throw it over the fence and be done with it. But NO, they want a signature. So one more day of waiting. It'll be a while til I get my bike back together and in running condition, so no immediate report on how it works.

Thanks again to dingy for this group buy.

-Andrew

Well you did tell me to put a note on it not to leave at front door.

Guess they read that at least.

:sign It wasnt me:

I just had an interesting experience at our main post office. The post office has free boxes that you can have delivered to you for priority shipping. There is a flat rate series, and one named regional priority and apparently another closely named box. On Monday-, I shipped 13 of the regional priority boxes out to the majority of people getting them & a couple of international ones at the branch office close to my work. All the US ones had pre-ran postage & insurance labels on them that I can run through paypal. The clerk there took the US bound priority boxes and and processed my to international ones and every thing was great. Tuesday night I take one more headed to Portugal, that the guy asked for registered mail and I went to main post office which is sort of on my way home. It had an issue, because some regulation with registered mail said it had to have brown tape sealing it. The clerk went out of her way to help me with it and it went on its way after she re-taped it for me. Tonight, I take 2 more boxes, exactly like the 13 I had shipped Monday at the branch, and another clerk bluntly tells me I can't use that box to ship items priority using the label I had from paypal. If it hadn't been for a supervisor there she would have made me take them & repack them. This was like a 3 or 4 minute civil discussion as to why I couldn't use a priority box from the post office to ship priority mail in. They even told me that even if I hadn't had the pre-postage label on it that they still couldn't ship it. These are boxes the post office sent me marked priority mail.

Picture of one of the unused boxes attached.

I hate being screwed with.

Gary

Edited by dingy

I think I have everyone beat.....got mine Tuesday....of course i am only 90 mins away.....hoping to install this weekend to make sure everything is good, then its time to pull the carbs and start swearing at them.....sorry, meant clean them. :whistling:

and both fork seals started leaking this winter, whilee sitting in the garage on the center stand :confused24:

Mine arrived today.

It was running the bike at idle about 15 minutes later.

There is a minor issue to resolve with the plug to the MAP Sensor which is no one's fault then I should be able to run it properly.

So far, so good ... Gary has been awesome over this Group Buy.

Gary

I have a friend that sells music CD's and ships them USPS. He has been shipping identical single CD packages for the past two years at the post office where we both have PO Boxes. The cost varies from a low of $.98 to a high of $1.92. Whenever he has questioned the price he gets the same answer; "That's the price". When he has asked to speak to the supervisor, everyone gets testy.

:confused07:

I have a friend that sells music CD's and ships them USPS. He has been shipping identical single CD packages for the past two years at the post office where we both have PO Boxes. The cost varies from a low of $.98 to a high of $1.92. Whenever he has questioned the price he gets the same answer; "That's the price". When he has asked to speak to the supervisor, everyone gets testy.

:confused07:

You questioned their authority.

No one likes that, and in my experience, American bureaucrats like it less than many others.

Well you did tell me to put a note on it not to leave at front door.

Guess they read that at least.

:sign It wasnt me:

I just had an interesting experience at our main post office. The post office has free boxes that you can have delivered to you for priority shipping. There is a flat rate series, and one named regional priority and apparently another closely named box. On Monday-, I shipped 13 of the regional priority boxes out to the majority of people getting them & a couple of international ones at the branch office close to my work. All the US ones had pre-ran postage & insurance labels on them that I can run through paypal. The clerk there took the US bound priority boxes and and processed my to international ones and every thing was great. Tuesday night I take one more headed to Portugal, that the guy asked for registered mail and I went to main post office which is sort of on my way home. It had an issue, because some regulation with registered mail said it had to have brown tape sealing it. The clerk went out of her way to help me with it and it went on its way after she re-taped it for me. Tonight, I take 2 more boxes, exactly like the 13 I had shipped Monday at the branch, and another clerk bluntly tells me I can't use that box to ship items priority using the label I had from paypal. If it hadn't been for a supervisor there she would have made me take them & repack them. This was like a 3 or 4 minute civil discussion as to why I couldn't use a priority box from the post office to ship priority mail in. They even told me that even if I hadn't had the pre-postage label on it that they still couldn't ship it. These are boxes the post office sent me marked priority mail.

Gary

As a follow up to my post above, I did some research last night and found that I should be able to ship using the boxes I had.

I had a wrench that was international & a package to pick up at PO today, so I printed info of and went back. The same clerk was one of two working & I asked her if she recalled our discussion last night (have reason to doubt her general brain functions). She said yes, and I said I had done checking and I believed I was given bad information. She said supervisor also researched it and found out I was given bad info. So apparently I am getting a written explanation from PO regarding this. I doubt it is an apology, which clerk did not offer, but rather a clarification.

Gary

Picked mine up from the Post Office after work yesterday. Opened it up on the table, looked at everything, then had to put it away for supper. I'll get around to putting it in sometime soon. Will post up the results once it's installed.

-Andrew

I installed my TCI today and took the Beast for a short ride. My TCI is supposed to have the Vmax curve to compliment my engine configuration. The engine seems to run smoother with more power available from 2k to 4k. The 'sweet spot' seems to have gone up in RPM! I have posted a few pictures of the install. I fabricated a plate to mount the TCI and act as a heat shield. The MAP sensor is mounted next to the TCI (left). I will be replacing my clutch this weekend and then a little hot rodding . . .

:225: