IGNORED

Canada's new Plastic money is here.

friesman

It looks like we are going to update the Canadian money yet again. This newest edition is definitely eye catching and looks to be tough on security, I am wondering about it being a plastic polymer and how it feels when spending, lol!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_hw8ze5qo]Bank of Canada collection of new polymer Canadian notes - YouTube[/ame]

Brian

Guest tx2sturgis
Can the US be far behind? Interesting concept thou. Probably costs more then the paper variety but should last longer so may well be cost effective.

I'm with Brad on this as well since I see so few of those 100 bills it wouldn't make a difference to me. :-(

Larry

Just a bit of info. Although we call US currency 'paper' money, which would indicate it is made of wood fiber like...paper!...it is in fact made of cloth, a cotton and linen blend, which can survive multiple washings and survive just fine.

Many years ago I worked in a printing paper distribution warehouse, and when customers (printers) came in to buy that currency bond 'paper', we made a photocopy of the drivers license and took a facial photo and a picture of their car license plate. The regulations were pretty strict, even 30 years ago, and we practiced CYA.

But it was the exact same 'paper' the Federal Reserve used to print sheets of currency. I have no idea if you can buy it these days.