IGNORED

Pinwall Cycle..im confused

1BigDog

I was looking at front rotors for my 99 on ebay and Pinwall has a set from a low mileage 2005 rstd with just 6500 miles on it. However the pics showing the bike being tested has the odometer at over 30,000 miles. I sent them request through ebay on the right mileage. Lets see if they respond.

I would find that confusing too.

I remember seeing on quite a few of pinwall's pages that they dont (or wont) respnond to emails. There are postings on a lot of their pages saying to just use their toll free number.

You may be waiting a long time for an email response, and if a call is free I would go for it. But I would ask them to send you an email stating the mileage so you have it in writing....

Brian

Hello: I too was looking at a few useable parts from that same bike. I noticed the mileage also. Makes me leary of doing business with them. Other members have had mixed reviews about their service. Let us know what you find out. Thanks

Tried calling them but they're closed. Since the actual bike in the pics shows 30k on the clock im going to assume that its the bike that the 6500 mile rotors came off of. Partshark has them for 118 new so ill think ill go that way. My fronts have a nice deep ridge around the edge so it may be time to replace them.

I've bought several parts from them. most of the time the pictures and discriptions match. Once in a while you will find a typo or a picture with a completely different discription. I had this happen with one part. I called them, told them what I found and they made it right. other then that I've had no problems.

Pinwall actually answered my email. It was a typo with the actual mileage at 30k but since the 4.9 thickness is way more then what my rotors show I went ahead and ordered them.

Pinwall actually answered my email. It was a typo with the actual mileage at 30k but since the 4.9 thickness is way more then what my rotors show I went ahead and ordered them.

beat me by that much:bang head: i was looking at them. thats ok, there will be more.

beat me by that much:bang head: i was looking at them. thats ok, there will be more.

They have a set for the 650 v-star listed as well. Same disc at the same price. I checked the part numbers between the two models and its the same.

Pinwall has been very good with me in our dealings.

I got a radiator grill a couple of months ago that was damaged, and the damage was in the pictures in the listing if you looked for it. They now point to most all damages with a yellow stick, but this was an old listing before they started doing this. I called them and said I was not happy with part, and pointed out another one that they had listed at that time. She stopped the current listing and sent it to me at no charge. Told me to junk the 1st one.

I had another instance where I bid on something and before I paid for it I got a much better deal offered by someone on here. I called them and offered to still spend the money I had bid, but asked for a different item, was my VMax rear wheel & tire, They didn't give me any greif and swapped stuff around to help me out.

I live about 50 miles from them & have been at the old place, which was nice for a bike junkyard.

Gary

I would make sure that they are not warped before installing them.

When it comes to brake parts I only use new parts and know of more than one instance here in Iceland where my friends bought used rotors from eBay that were unusable since they were warped. Hope yours are fine.