Halfway thru a ride today on my 06 rsmv I noticed the top half of my cb antenna gone. The black plastic part looks like it broke off. The stealer said they could replace it for $100+. anyone else had this problem? Is this covered under warranty?

Thanks

Did you have a flag on it?

Roy,

This isn't an uncommon problem and the dealers wont warranty it. I would just go and purchase a different antenna. I have used Firesticks on my '86 and my '99 and have been pretty happy with them. For about the $100.00 the dealer wants to charge you, a complete set of dual antennas and new mounts can be purchased. The firesticks are tuneable and a good product...just an option to look at.

The dealer wants a way toooo much. Go to a local radio store, Radio Shack, The Source or someplace like that, someone who knows CB's and they will help you for less than $20.00 be my guess.

Most truck stops are excellant sources for cb antennas at reasonable prices. make sure to check your swr if you purchase one with an adjustable tip above the loading coil.

I don't understand; when the CB antenna broke on my 99 I took it to the dealer and said, "this IS covered under warranty, right" !! I really wasn't asking him, I was TELLING him. EVERYTHING on the Venture EXCEPT normal wear items such as tires, brakes, light bulbs, etc is covered under the warranty. You have a dealer that either doesn't know his product or is too lazy to order you a new antenna. If he INSISTS that it is not covered under warranty, call the California office, or your district rep. My dealer tried to tell me that the black rubber intake tubes were NOT covered under warranty when they started cracking. WRONG !!! They ARE covered and the dealer DID replace them. I just had the trunk cover of my 06 replaced under warranty because it had "ghost" circles in the finish. Why spend money to replace parts or modify your bike when you PAID for the warranty when you bought your bike!! (it's part of the deal!!) you can do what you want but it is a warranty item and you SHOULD make your dealer replace it!! I can't believe that after almost 7 years on the market dealers are still trying to pull this crap!!:soapbox: :mad:

I had the same problem with my 06. I went to the dealer and they ordered me one right away, unfortunatly it was on back order and I would not see it for 4 to 6 weeks. Well this is were it got interesting. I e-mailed Yamaha Canada, to see if they could expidite it within the week as I was going away on vacation for 10 days and the anntena would come in handy. They responed by telling me that the anntenna was not covered under the warranty, and that I would be better of going to a "trucker supply store". Well this really got me rubbed up the wrong way,as the warranty replacement had already been approved. I told them what I thought about there suggestion. When I got back from vacation the antenna was waiting for me at the dealers.

When I was away on vacation I stopped of at Anderson Brothers Yamaha in Elizabeth City, N.C. he offered to give me, free of charge a used one that he had in stock. There are some good sorts out there, Yamaha corporation is not one of them, this will definately have an impact on my next motorcycle purchase.

P.S. No Flag.

Keith.:320: :63:

Guest harpo66
:sick: Broken CB antennas seem to be a problem but how the dealer is going to handle it seems to be a bigger problem. Tonight going to dinner, somewhere between home and were we ate my CB antenna decided to break at the black plastic. I have an 06 Venture 7000 miles with service plan. I have never hung or tied anything to it. To break like that we ALL agree it is a warranty issue. Would love to read more input from my fellow Venture owners about this little talked about problem. :think: I will be approaching my dealer Monday..... Rode all day in a T-Shirt, God knew what he was doing when he made Arizona.

Guest BamaYama

1999 RSV

Firestick antenna on Firestick tilt-over mount. PL-235 connector comes standard on mount and makes it easy to check SWR of antenna.

Guest harpo66
:sign I win: Told my dealer they had a warranty issue on my CB antenna and they ordered my a replacement under warranty.... Now to see how long it takes to get it. Also I had my bike to the dealer for a new tire and told them I needed the splines and shaft lubed while the tire was off and they wanted to charge me. It's an 06 Venture and you could here it clicking loudly from lack of grease when the bike was moved. They wanted to charge me for that :no-no-no: and I said it's easier for you to do it now with the tire off than to do it when damage has been done from being to dry. They lubed it no charge... Moral... tell the dealer what to do, don't ask because they will alway try to make us pay. I'ts like being married to my Venture, It's a love hate relationship... :cool10: Love my bike, hate fighting with the dealer...LOL