IGNORED

Need Prayers for Ponch!!!

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before leaving on the Dragon ride this morning we had a group prayer for David's recovery and for Cathy and Shannon.

Thanks to you guys! I read thru all posts and there is no doubt in my mind we are seeing the power of prayer.

I just got on the site after having been away for two weeks and needles to say I am numb. I have spent the last hour reading all the post and Squid's updates and have had my heart in my throat the entire time. Stay strong Ponch, I love you brother! Keep us updated Squidley, give my love to Lil Bit.

Ok Folks,

Some more news to pass on, we had a little set back, nothing dramatic, but it was caught before it was a problem.

Upon doing another CT scan they found of all things a tooth in David's windpipe. More than likely when they installed the respirator down his throat, one of his loose teeth went down. The tube is keeping it in place, but obviously it has to be removed. They were going to take the tube out this weekend and perform a tracheotomy, where then they would catch the tooth and remove it out of the trache opening. Further examination discovered David has an infection by the tube. They have decided to hold off on removal of the tooth, tubes and trache untill early next week to clear up the infection.

He still seems good other than this setback and as soon as we have more info we'll keep you updated. As Tom mentioned, I am VERY confident that this has been a result of our vigilance with keeping David in our thoughts and prayers. Keep it up, were making a difference :thumbsup2:

Our thoughts & prayers are with David & his family. Thanks to all of the Venture Brothers that are keeping "Ponch" and family in their daily prayers and thoughts. There is power in the numbers!! Thanks to Squidly for keeping us updated. Less calls to the family probably better. Lots of us feel like we know David & Kathy, but really don't. But we are still Family in Heart.

Best Wishes for a quick recovery & rehab..!!!!

Patrolman46 & Babe :bobby: & :223:

Edited by Patrolman46
misspelled word

It is hard for me to put into words the emotions I feel as I read these posts. When I first joined this group, it was to meet people who owned the same type of motorcycle as I, and to learn more about it. That has happened, and more. I now realize I am a member of an extended family, not just a group of like minded individuals.

I’m not what you would call a practicing christen, but I think of Ponch and his family on a daily basis, and I say a prayer. Tomorrow during Sunday service onboard, I will ask the padre to lead us in a prayer for the continued and speedy full recovery of our brother.

It is sad to say, but, I too am rethinking my helmet choice, as well as the rest of my riding outfit. This is all because of what has happened here.

Guest scarylarry

I'm following this thread very closely like everyone else here a I pray daily for a good update..

Thanks to all that has updated either direct or thru another source....

May God healing hand be with this man...

Val n I are hoping that Ponch continues at a good path to recovery. We continue our prayers for him.

It seems that he is just 14 beds away from my sister at the same hospital. If anyone sees Kathy please let her know that it is not our intention to see Ponch, as we are just seeing my sister who is badly hurt from being run over. As we don't want to upset kathy.

Thanks,

Hal n Val

Val n I are hoping that Ponch continues at a good path to recovery. We continue our prayers for him.

It seems that he is just 14 beds away from my sister at the same hospital. If anyone sees Kathy please let her know that it is not our intention to see Ponch, as we are just seeing my sister who is badly hurt from being run over. As we don't want to upset kathy.

Thanks,

Hal n Val

Hal,We will put in our Prayers for your Sister also..Deb and I will do our part in prayers for both of you..Take care my friend..