IGNORED

Need Prayers for Ponch!!!

Being I am on the road this week I havnt been able to post but have read all the news. My Mom has 2 prayers groups praying for his recovery and for the family. Our family here is doing a great deal of praying and I think it's working. Prayers will continue, David is a wonderful person.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bighug:

Just got off the phone with Monkey Boy and we have some more good news.

:banana:

After lunch today they started to wean David off the pain meds, probably to start to get him to be more awake as pain has a tendency to wake you up. He is sleeping on his own though, so the sedation is wearing off which is what they want. The swelling is continuing to go down on his brain. He is understanding what is being asked of him, they asked for a thumbs up and he gave them half a one. Same thing when asked for a peace sign, half of one, he's obviously still weak.

When they wipe him off he is squinting his eyes, probably from pain, but his motor skills are there and working. They have him on low doses of pain meds right now. Kathy mentioned that his face is starting to come back to normal as the swelling is starting to go down.

Later in this afternoon after one of his sleeping spells he woke back up and tried to grab the tubes and pull them out of his mouth. Feisty bugger he is, he also looked directly at Kathy and Shannon, they waved at him and he waved back, so he recognizes them. This is great news as hopefully he doesn't have any amnesia.

I am cautiously optimistic and hope that he continues to make strides in a positive direction. Keep in mind he is no where's near where he needs to be, but seems to be improving by the day. If our power in numbers prayers are working then lets keep it up. I am very excited about this and my only wish is to get him where he can have some visitors and go and see him

:thumbsup2:

[/quote

OUR GOOD FRIEND DAVID IS GOING TO "SLAY HIS GOLIATH". With the strength that David has inside, and with the efforts of his family and friends, he will do it! Carry on my friend, get stronger each and every day. We're all pulling for you.

gunk:bighug:

Kathy and Shannon stopped by the shop 5 minutes ago and gave some more encouraging news. David is completely off sedation now, but still has the ventilator installed, 1 step at a time. He is still responding to various forms of stimuli, matter of fact Kathy gave us an up close rendition of how they wake David on Monkey Boy. Lets just say that it's a very agressive process and we laughed like hell when she "Attacked" him beat on his chest as she claims the RN's have been with Ponch

:hihi:

His body is healing, and thats going to be the slow process. The swelling has dramatically gone down. Ponch has folded both his arms in front of him across his chest so his range of motion is improving. There is a great hope from many of us that one of the nurses asks him to pull their finger! I'm sure he will supply the "Fragrance" quite gleefully.

Now is the time when things will start to slow down. The initial strides have been very promising and there is hope that perhaps his eye isn't as bad as feared and he may possibly still be able to keep his sight in that right eye. They are hoping that by this weekend they will pull the tube out of his skull thats been monitoring the pressure on his brain. That has been showing more normal readings on his brain.

Kathy and Shannon are VERY appreciative for all the thoughts and prayers. I too am very humbled by all of our members here that have sent good vibes and prayers to God. This is not the time to let up, there is a long road ahead and even though these initial days are a good step, they are no where's near the steps that have to be completed. Thank you all again for your efforts and passing the word. There are so many thousand of people praying for David, kind of gives me a little more faith in humainty....more as I know it.

Has there been any more discussion about this, and if so, any conclusions? We would like to help.

Erv and Teri

Have never met him, but tragic nonetheless. Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

On another note in terms of help, even with good insurance, 30 days minimum in the hospital, out of work and rehab after, their out of pocket will be huge. Can we set up a fund for donations and who here usually manages that? Someone close in Houston would be ideal. If Ponch has a paypal addy, using that would be another option I suppose. No matter how you slice it ( please no one take offense) prayers wont pay the bills.

All the best and speedy recovery for him and his family.

Derrek

RSTDdog

Haven't been able to be on the site for a couple weeks...........Lil Bit, please know that you and Ponch are in our thoughts and prayers....Haven't seen you since Cody a couple yrs ago, but have thought about you both many times. Glad to see as I started reading the threads, that things are looking better for him as time goes by. Also glad to see so many of our family members here reaching out to you!

Deb & Gary

I'm leaving to goto Vogel which is 30 minutes from my home. I'll update everyone there w ith the latest good news about the improvements David has made.

And make sure you give Kathy and Shannon at least 100 hugs from all of us.

Hey Brad,

You mentioned earlier that Ponch was going to loose some teeth, but you hadn't said anything about it recently. This basic accident happened to a good friend of mine several years ago where he ate a radar detector mount (through a 3/4 helment) and busted a few teeth up. This was around Christmas time so Linda and I went out to a truck stop and picked out a new set of teeth for him as our gift. This made me think that Ponch could benefit from this same gift. So, I found the following link that you might pass onto Kathy and see if there are any sets she might be interested in picking up for David::)

http://www.thegadgetshop.co.za/products.php?prod_sec_id=166

Keep up the good work,

Rick

Kathy and Shannon stopped by the shop 5 minutes ago and gave some more encouraging news. David is completely off sedation now, but still has the ventilator installed, 1 step at a time. He is still responding to various forms of stimuli, matter of fact Kathy gave us an up close rendition of how they wake David on Monkey Boy. Lets just say that it's a very agressive process and we laughed like hell when she "Attacked" him beat on his chest as she claims the RN's have been with Ponch

:hihi:

His body is healing, and thats going to be the slow process. The swelling has dramatically gone down. Ponch has folded both his arms in front of him across his chest so his range of motion is improving. There is a great hope from many of us that one of the nurses asks him to pull their finger! I'm sure he will supply the "Fragrance" quite gleefully.

Now is the time when things will start to slow down. The initial strides have been very promising and there is hope that perhaps his eye isn't as bad as feared and he may possibly still be able to keep his sight in that right eye. They are hoping that by this weekend they will pull the tube out of his skull thats been monitoring the pressure on his brain. That has been showing more normal readings on his brain.

Kathy and Shannon are VERY appreciative for all the thoughts and prayers. I too am very humbled by all of our members here that have sent good vibes and prayers to God. This is not the time to let up, there is a long road ahead and even though these initial days are a good step, they are no where's near the steps that have to be completed. Thank you all again for your efforts and passing the word. There are so many thousand of people praying for David, kind of gives me a little more faith in humainty....more as I know it.

No news today, so that can be a good thing as now it's going to take time for David to get some strength back. I will probably call Kathy and see if there has been anything significant, but it's more than likely going to taper down for a while. Keep David in your thoughts and as soon as I have any news I will absolutely let you know.