IGNORED

"Pork In The Pines"

Patrolman46

After a long discussion with Black Owl about what "Poke in the Pines" really is & where it is & that we are invited to attend even if we pronounce it "Pork in the Pines" :rotf: , I have decided that I'm going to try & get back there for Labor Day weekend. :fingers-crossed-emo

I will be leaving the Scottsbluff, NE area Thursday morning the 1st of Sept. I will most likely pick up Babe :bighug: at the Minneapolis airport the 2nd & drive on to the rally.

Anybody from this general area or west of Cheyenne, WY/Scottsbluff, NE headed to the "Pork in the Pines" I would sure like to hook up with you & ride to the rally together. That's about half the fun is getting to the rally with an old friend or a new one. Can't get Phoneman1981 to shake loose to go, so far. :depressed: :confused24: :confused07:

Let's get a group from here in the Rocky Mtn area to go to Black Owls party..!!!! :stirthepot:

C Ya, Parolman46 :bobby:

CELL = NINE SEVEN 0- THREE NINE SIX - SIXTEEN 0 SEVEN

Edited by Black Owl

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is Pork in the Pines.

Oh you already knew that didn't you. :doh: LOL

Labor Day week end. Starts Friday when I get there and ends when Gary throws ya out. I have never seen that yet. But there could be a first.

Great times, we drink beer, tell lies, BS about bikes, sit around by the camp fire and act smart. OH ya chili night. whole roasted pig. good friend you haven't met yet and old friend to get reacquainted with.

Did I mention beer and Lies. And smoking a stoggie or two. Rides and just good friends..... I did mention the beer didn't I.

I am sure Gary or Black Owl will jump in here soon with and additional info.

PS don't even think about sending Mr. Rooster to his maker via the stew pot. :eek:There is a young lady that has a real desire to keep that old critter around, and she owns a shot gun..:rotf::rotf::rotf:... don't even ask me how I know.

we got people who cant WAIT to get here Yooper, Tall Tom and Yoopers Wife, (shes a SWEET HEART) stopped by today.. they were busy picking out thier spot to kamp.. i think that they were going to take Bubbers spot by the coop... so ya's better come a week earlier if you want the choice spot, Bubber..:rasberry:

BY the way P.I.P is September 2-3-4-5- or til we thro you all out.. come early, stay late if you wish.. we got free camping..shower, toilet,, and us..:thumbsup2: :smile11:

Gary!

Rocket said I could have his spot closest to the coup and the out house :yikes: for very specific reasons. :ignore::ignore::ignore:

Especially after last years fiasco. LOL :fatsmiley::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I won't be there. Both outhouses should be by the garage, just in case, Steve keeps it occupied again....

:stickpoke: :duck:

So, I'm new to some of these rallies and I'm just wondering where Pork (or Poke depending on what's on your mind) in the Pines is at. The way people are talking it's not far from where I am and I'd like to attend if I don't have to drive accross country (not that I'd be opposed to that - although the wife might be...). Any information would be great.

It is Laporte Minnesota at Gary's place out in the country.

Maybe we can resurect last years poster and get more details for ya.

goggle Laporte MN. :doh:

[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Laporte,+MN&hl=en&ll=47.143029,-94.77356&spn=0.375497,0.877533&z=10]Laporte, MN - Google Maps[/ame]

Edited by Bubber
added link

So, I'm new to some of these rallies and I'm just wondering where Pork (or Poke depending on what's on your mind) in the Pines is at. The way people are talking it's not far from where I am and I'd like to attend if I don't have to drive accross country (not that I'd be opposed to that - although the wife might be...). Any information would be great.

If you didn't goole map it yet, it's about 20 miles south of Bemidji, camping available Friday through Sunday, at least.

Elk Mound, Karen and I were in your look out tower the last Friday of July!

See Bubber's previous posts in this thread about the evening activities.

Karen and I will be staying closer to Fargo, near Rollag, on Friday night, and attending the Steam and Gas engine show at Rollag on Saturday.

We will be at the PIP at Gary's on Saturday night.

The website has directions. http://Http://www.porkinthepines.com

If you didn't goole map it yet, it's about 20 miles south of Bemidji, camping available Friday through Sunday, at least.

Elk Mound, Karen and I were in your look out tower the last Friday of July!

See Bubber's previous posts in this thread about the evening activities.

Karen and I will be staying closer to Fargo, near Rollag, on Friday night, and attending the Steam and Gas engine show at Rollag on Saturday.

We will be at the PIP at Gary's on Saturday night.

You could have thrown a rock and hit my house from there. Glad you didn't though... just got new windows!!!:no-no-no:

I'm going to check on dates and see if I can swing it. The wife and I want to go for a nice ride prior to the end of the season so maybe this will work out. Northern MN and WI are our favorite places to ride so this would be perfect. Whether I make it to this one or not, I'm going to keep trying to make some event. Can't miss 'em all!!!

• 2 weeks later...

10 days and counting, I am getting excited now. Man I got lots of stuff to do to get ready.

Any body thinking about going to the Davis Rally too?:banana::banana::banana:

Does anyone know if Annie and Quickstep are headed to PIP ?????? :Avatars_Gee_George:

Black Owl you know everything whats up? :ignore:

PS I met up with Eagleeye and Yopper in Saulk City WI when I went to Madison last weekend. Had a great time and sat around and BS'ed. Wife went down there the monday before and wasn't to happy I didn't give her a shout that I was stopping to BS with Eagleeye and Yopper. She'll get over it....... or not! :crying: :whistling:

See ya at PIP.

I finally decided to register us! I was taking it for granted that it was known that we are coming. We won't be getting in until 9 or so Friday as I have to work until noon.

Going to be great to see everyone again! EH!

I knew you couldn't pass up seeing my pretty face. :yikes: LOL :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Yup, it was good seeing you Bubber. Notice how I stuck up for you? :rotf:

Did you notice any difference with air in your rear shock?

I keep looking for the registration page???????? I think that I registered, but not sure.

Who's coming? List?

See you all in a week or so. I'll be making the baked beans again.

I'll leave here on fri. early and then decide which city I am riding through, twin cities or Duluth, hate going through both. but I'll pick one.

Steve