IGNORED

Gonna have to watch this one!

Yammer Dan

Bummer!! I looked over doors and their instructions look to be a challenge. So I called my friendly blood sucking Lowes and they only want 300 bucks each to install them!!! Trying to save where I can on this thing and that just sounds Crazy to me. With my Vets discount I only paid 294 for both doors!! i thought it was great price for insulated doors but I see where they make it up. If I can tear a 1st Gen apart I can do these things. Got 90 page instructions with them. 1/2 of that is in that other language. Maybe those are more understandable??

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee maybe you should set up a web cam so that we can watch it go up in real time.

Oh wait, you have issues just posting pics, never mind.....:stickpoke::stirthepot:

Just what we need, another reality show!!!

Lets see, what would be a good name for this one?

Keeping up with the Yammers?

Or maybe 1st Genners Gone Wild? I can see it now......piles of blocks and insulated doors are added to the pile of 1st gens scattered about. But there is a deep dark secret. One day that pile of rubble will be cleared off and the past remains of missing contractors will be found.:stirthepot::detective::whistling::scared:

Just what we need, another reality show!!!

Lets see, what would be a good name for this one?

Keeping up with the Yammers?

Or maybe 1st Genners Gone Wild? I can see it now......piles of blocks and insulated doors are added to the pile of 1st gens scattered about. But there is a deep dark secret. One day that pile of rubble will be cleared off and the past remains of missing contractors will be found.:stirthepot::detective::whistling::scared:

Don't spread that around!! by the time rubble is cleared away they will be fertilizer.

That is correct, But you want to paint inside and out so 800 sq ft.

I am hoping you have more than one wall............

New block will soak up paint like a sponge, so it will need more still.

Talk to the contractor and read your paint can about how long the mortar must cure and dry before painting.

Hey Yammer Dan, IDK what it costs.... but they ALWAYS spray block with a sealer before paint color on the jobsite........FWIW. Congrats on ur current progress, and an airless is definitely the way to go even if ya pay a house painter to swing by an spray it............gotta love ur patients and determination there bro

I'm working on it. Cure time on motar is one thing I won't have much of. I'm coming up at a little less than 4000 sq ft. just figuring in my head. Thats walls and floor 20x50. I'm going to try to spray before roof goes on. Roof is going to be metal so won't have to paint that. Ceiling inside will have to be done later. Not worried about anything that far down the road. If paint can claims to cove 300 ft I'm thinking figure it at 200? No worry on outside about overspray on anything. If I change colors on inside floor & walls will airless sprayer cut a line I can get away with?? Not needing knife edge perfection. Walls are done this morning pouring floor in the morning.I'm trying to think ahead a little.:think:

If your careful you can paint a pretty good line using a paint shield. You can make one out of a piece of sheet metal 2 1/2 ' 0r 3' x 12'' to 18'' nail yourself a wooden handle on it and make two of them moving one over the other and clean them regularly if you get a lot of over spray on them so they don't drip paint everywhere. A quick rinse with a garden hose will do it.

I'm assuming you want to paint the floor a different color or keep paint off the floor. If you don't want paint on the floor get it wet before you spray and that will help to keep it from sticking if you get a little water on the wall it won't hurt the latex paint.:080402gudl_prv: