IGNORED

Its my turn now............

DragonRider

I have been having some low back pain now for several weeks, I just got over a bout of Bursitis, which was very, very painful, I had an appointment for followup from that today.

While at work today I was leaning up against a table in an office just resting and all of a sudden something pinched really really bad in my lower back and I almost hit the floor. I didnt really think much about it and took some pain meds. Later I starting noticing how painful it was to walk and everytime I put weight on my right foot it hurt my back like hell. So I went to the Dr. as scheduled and told him what was going on and he examined me and sent me for some x-rays. When he came back in the room the cheery smile was gone from his face as he sat down to show Charlene and I the results. First thing was I have scoliosis in my lower back, a little higher up signs of arthritis, and then the real bad part was a slipped vertebrae that was causing the pinching and pain. I couldnt believe there would be that much. So now I have to go back next week to a spine dr. and have either an MRI or CAT scan. No new pain meds cause I am already on them and they aint working, so he prescribed Steroids, in massive dose, went to get it filled and its backoredered from the mfg. Nobody had them, now I have to wait another day for the Dr to change the script. And I am also going to physical therapy to see if that helps..........Now I am seeing some of the same Dr.'s that Charlene was seeing for all of her problems...............Cant catch a break:bang head::bang head:

All of this and Vogel 2 months away!!!!!!!!!!!!. :crying::crying:

Lewis I hope you start feeling better soon. I've got arthritis in my lower back and had two slipped disc's went to a couple of Dr.s for help (They wanted to cut) I finally ended up in a chiropractors (sp) office with in a week I was feeling better--now I make a monthly visit to him even if my back feels good.

again hope you feel better soon

Hi,

Ive had back trouble too, and lots of it. After talking to so many people with back trouble, I ve concluded that people have relatively unique problems with their backs, that is one persons solution isnt necessarily going to work for somene else.

I do know that one of the very few things that helped me was to lie on my belly on the floor,simultaneously lift both your feet and arms , raising your upper chest a bit, and your upper legs should bend back, then and extend your legs and arms and repeat this. Do not push this to extremes and if you get a sharp pain while doing it, stop. Maybe three sets of seven to begin with, the first day it hurt worse, but overnight it helped. This strenghens the muscles in the back and belly.

Another thing is staying out of chairs, most chairs hurt me, stay on the feet, or lay down is what I do unless I can find a chair that reclines very seriously, say forty five degrees. No more straight chairs for me for any extended period, more than ten mins for the last ten yrs, yet there are people that say straight chairs are good for their bad back. If muscle relaxers help, then you prolly have mostly muscle problems, if not, maybe its pinched nerve.

Hopefully you dont develop leg pain, that is definitely worse and the lower it goes in the leg, the worse the problem is. If it were me, I would consider giving up the riding for this year. No one ever wants to hear that, but thats what I would consider while you get your health back.

and then the real bad part was a slipped vertebrae that was causing the pinching and pain. :crying::crying:

As others mentioned, lots of different types of back problems and causes.

My current situation of herniated disc couldn't be helped by chiropractic adjustment because it was too late/too far gone.

However, I've had vertibrae out of place in the past, and these are things a chiropractor most likely can manipulate back into position and get unjambed from the others and moving properly again.

But, most doctors WILL NOT tell you that. (Doctor/Chiropractor are like 1st gen/2nd gen)

They will most likely want to see an x-ray or take one themselves, and they will tell you if they think they can help or not.

Since you say you have a vertibrae out of place, I would strongly advise you to consult a chiropractor before any more doctors try to use meds to fix/mask a mechanical problem.

Just my :2cents: , and best of luck, Scooter Bob

Hi Lewis

If its not one thing its another. Hope they can get you feeling better soon. I have a lift chair you can use if that will help. It worked great with my knees and hip after surgery.

Take care of your self Bro and Prayers sent for a quick recovery.

Steve

Lewis I hope you start feeling better soon. I've got arthritis in my lower back and had two slipped disc's went to a couple of Dr.s for help (They wanted to cut) I finally ended up in a chiropractors (sp) office with in a week I was feeling better--now I make a monthly visit to him even if my back feels good.

again hope you feel better soon

I second this, I was holding a flashlight for my son the other day when a burning pain hit me about my belt and two days later I went to the chiropractor. today I am back at work and felling fine alittle tender in that spot but fine. :080402gudl_prv:

Lewis,

Knowing you the way I do, you are more worried about making sure Vogel happens and is the big a hit you want it to be this year, more then you are concered about your own personal health issues. That is Lewis my friends.

I wish I could take over entirely for you on setting up and running Vogel this year so that you would not have to worry about it at all my friend, but I just can't, since I just started this new job. Only been a Boeing employee again for two weeks..

I would like to ask everyone reading this that if you can help Lewis in any way by taking on ANY of the responsibilities that are required to get Vogel off the ground this year, I am certain Lewis would never ask for this help but he would appreciate all the help he can get.

Give Lewis a call or send him an email if yuo can help with anything. Not sure what you can do, call or email him and ask him.

I certainly would not want to hold this 4 to 5 day event with the problems Lewis is facing.

Would you...?

Lewis,

I will be speaking to my boss in the next couple days to see if there is any way I can get off on that Friday,Sat and Sunday for Vogel weekend, to help you with what I can.

If he does let me take off, I will be there Friday afternoon.

I have no clue what I can do to help you Lewis, but if I can get that weekend off, I will contact you via phone or email in search of an assignment of your choice that you would want to off load to me.

In the mean time I wish you the most of comfort and strength to address your personal health issues.

Eck

...I have scoliosis in my lower back...

Been there, done that. Wanna see the t-shirt? One word for you...chiropractor! After being diagnosed with my problem, I checked out a chiropractor and I was "right as rain" in 3 weeks of 3 days/wk visits. Do yourself a huge favour and stop pumping chemicals into your body that do nothing more than treat the symptom and not the cause. Only a chiropractor can address the cause in your back.

Thomas :)