IGNORED

Rockets trip

friesman

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got off the phone with Rocket. Sure glad hes doing good with this trip. Sounds like a great adventure. Ride safe you two....:smile5:

Whats up with Rocket's "SPOT"??

Been sitting on the road in the midlle of nowhere in Oshawa for almost 24 hrs now, and havent heard from him for a while? Did he drop it there, or has he turned it off, to avoid " stalkers"? :confused07:

Currently at Rod's sisters place, I'm not sure when leaving here, for the next relatives place.

As for the "stalker" bit :stickpoke:, it was a surprise, but was good to see you again.....

Currently at Rod's sisters place, I'm not sure when leaving here, for the next relatives place.

As of now, we will be using Oshawa as a base of Ops, for while in the Ontario area.

Looks like we will be back in the Camp Borden & Creemore area later this week, including the Creemore farmers market next Sat (he is trying to find a few people, from about 50 yrs ago). He also wants to see the Museum at Borden & I have a few people to look up on Base.

If we are going to do a Ont clan meet, I would prefer a location, north of the greater Toronto area. As I do not want to ride through there again (bad enough the first time) & I figure later next Sunday afternoon, would be best.

Still soaking it every day so far, but he was complaining about the request for updates......

Tell him he has to deal with the requests with this family we worry. Tell him its our overwhelming love. :) If he wants to know what that's like have him talk to Lowell about not getting on here and keeping us up to date. :Laugh: You two be safe.

Margaret

Looks like we will have 3 visitors today, Evan, Dogman & Chabicheka, coming from the Toronto area. Evan dosen't like the forecast for later this week, thus todays trip over here.

Grump & I got back in from Aurora (slightly north of Toronto), a little after midnight this morning, after a trip to another cousin's place.

I wonder if they could be possibly be considered the Ontario version of the 3 stooges. I wouldn't think so, as Charlie isn't amongst them. I figure the most likely combo, would be Saddlebum, Mother & E-fishin-C, but Mother has been too hard to contact, for some time now.

Thanks Evan for taking the initiative to call members in our immediate area and arrange a little meet and greet with Rocket and our good buddy Rod.

Me, Dogman and Evan met up at my place and rode to Oshawa to meet the 2 gentlemen who are travellin all across North America on their Ventures. What an Ad-Venture that must be.:banana:

After some BS...( Actually lots of it..), we finally got on our bikes and rode to the beautiful town of Port Perry to their one of the popular fish and chips places. The man above must love us. It happened to have a special on the fish and chips...tuesdays is their all you can eat day.:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:. Thats 5 of us before we started eating. After eating, we were like

:fatsmiley::fatsmiley::fatsmiley::fatsmiley::fatsmiley: and literally had to drag Paul out.....he didnt want to leave. Said he would be ready for more fish soon since he had all the rockets fired up in his digestive system. He was the first one out of the door when we mentioned to him that the last one to leave has to pay the full bill.:big-grin-emoticon:

Any way, i had a wonderful day meeting and riding with my Venture buddies and sharing a meal with them. Hoping to have at least a couple more days like this before these two continue on with their trip, and we hope and pray they have a very safe and enjoyable experience.

i know, i know! pics.....:worthless:

I had my camera ready for the trip, but forgot to pick it up when i left home. Hope fully Dave of Rocket will post some....i know they did take some pics.:canada:

Thanks Evan for taking the initiative to call members in our immediate area and arrange a little meet and greet with Rocket and our good buddy Rod.

Me, Dogman and Evan met up at my place and rode to Oshawa to meet the 2 gentlemen who are travellin all across North America on their Ventures. What an Ad-Venture that must be.

After some BS...( Actually lots of it..), we finally got on our bikes and rode to the beautiful town of Port Perry to their one of the popular fish and chips places. The man above must love us. It happened to have a special on the fish and chips...tuesdays is their all you can eat day. Thats 5 of us before we started eating. After eating, we were like and literally had to drag Paul out.....he didnt want to leave. Said he would be ready for more fish soon since he had all the rockets fired up in his digestive system. He was the first one out of the door when we mentioned to him that the last one to leave has to pay the full bill.

Any way, i had a wonderful day meeting and riding with my Venture buddies and sharing a meal with them. Hoping to have at least a couple more days like this before these two continue on with their trip, and we hope and pray they have a very safe and enjoyable experience.

i know, i know! pics.....

I had my camera ready for the trip, but forgot to pick it up when i left home. Hope fully Dave of Rocket will post some....i know they did take some pics.

--- what Chabicheka said... So glad he and

Dogman were available to also ride and spend some good time with Rocket and Rod. Just imagine taking the summer off to ride and meet VentureRider friends across Canada and the US - like Rocket and Rob are doing. Enjoy!

It was great to meet you today Rocket and your friend Rod. You two sound like you have had a great trip so far and a great time back at home on the Island.

I wish you loads more fun, great weather and safe travels.

Take a chance

Take charge

Take control

Dave

i know, i know! pics.....:worthless:

I had my camera ready for the trip, but forgot to pick it up when i left home. Hope fully Dave of Rocket will post some....i know they did take some pics.:canada:

You mean these things........ Also there is one of a bike trailer that is very pricy, but thought Mini would like the look of it. Ran across it & its owner just outside of Aurora early this week.

Heading south of the border, tomorrow. :canada:

You mean these things........ Also there is one of a bike trailer that is very pricy, but thought Mini would like the look of it. Ran across it & its owner just outside of Aurora early this week.

Heading south of the border, tomorrow. :canada:

Nice trailer.... Would look really cool in a matching color and behind the real thing..... :)

At Big Tom's tonight.... Gave Saddlebum a call on my way through his area, but got the answering machine.
Sorry I missed your call Rocket had I got it in time I would have rode to the border with you. As it was I was home but in the basement working on an oak railing, the saw probably drowned out the phone. I really should have a phone in my baasement workshop.

• 2 weeks later...

Right now, the spot shows Rocket in Columbia, SC and he should be heading over the mountain to east Tennessee tomorrow. We are looking forward to seeing them tomorrow late afternoon and they will be staying with me.

This will be the second set of foreigners we will have had here with Aussie Annie and Alan here earlier. We are planning on eating out somewhere Thursday evening if anyone wants to join us. I will have more details as we get closer.

RandyA