IGNORED

Rockets trip

friesman

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that Rocket caracter is a sneaky one is for sure.. hidin money under my key board.. heck, i wasnt even chargin him to be his friend.. why would i do that??? i dont even charge Owl for my friendship..so why should a nice guy like Rocket be charged??:rotfl::thumbsup2::smile11:

that Rocket caracter is a sneaky one is for sure.. hidin money under my key board.. heck, i wasnt even chargin him to be his friend.. why would i do that??? i dont even charge Owl for my friendship..so why should a nice guy like Rocket be charged??:rotfl::thumbsup2::smile11:

I hear that ain't the time he has been called sneaky and I heard it from the horse's mouth too. LMAO :ignore:

Ya... Sneaky is a good word for Rockets money under the key board thing...:whistling:sort of like the tooth fairy, cept no one here is missing any teeth and Rocket is not a fairy, well at least I did not see him flashing any wings.

One thing for certain is that we sure enjoyed Rocket and Rods company. I did put in a Christmas order for a set of wrenches like he has to.

I wonder if there is an award for a Venture Rider visiting the most Venture riders along the journey sort of thing, for certain they are adding up the miles and no doubt by the end of the journey will have spread loads of Rockets brand of good will.

Rocket is on a Cross Continent trip with a friend. They are on an 83 and 86 venture pulling an Aluma trailer, if you see them give them a thumbs up!

I hope they have a good time and a safe trip.:banana::banana:

If anyone wants to follow them on their tour, here is the link to Pauls Spot locator.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0dW2uviFRmfVBIi65A9vRaQ1osJHe2jOq

Brian

Will be leaving Yooper's place today... Fixed a slight coolant leak on the 86 VR (seepage at the thermostat housing). Also helped Yooper with rear brake rotor change out & rear brake bleed.

Also had a good BS session here, during our stay....

Rocket

+Sure enjoyed yous guys copany the old guy upstairs has helped us out again, would have been down for few more days if it wouldnt been for Rocket and Rod being here with the almost total rear brake job, Good BS also BOY that Ron cane hang in there except when hes in my LAYSBOY out in the garage. Judy and I enjoyed them being here hope there doing fine, still cant believe Rocket only stayed here two nites he must have a date some place. 73 Yoop

Here are most of the pics so far. Didn't get any with Yooper though, or of Rod sleeping in Fred's lazyboy.

Figured out the gaps in the spot locator transmissions.............. Do not put any keyring, in the same pocket, as the spot unit. They can turn off, the tracking, function.......

Got home about a 1/2 ago from Marcarl's. When I left he was just tucking the two in for the night. As they passed through Burlington, I asked my wife if it was Ok to to jump on the scoot and meet up with them. Some how even though the spot showed them as being 1/2 way between Carl's place and mine. I managed to get there before them (some excuse about stopping for something to eat). When they did finally arrive we spent some time chatting up a bunch of the usual lies and sharing a bad batch of jokes. Well for some of the time anyway. The rest of the time was spent with me (one of Carl's meat cleavers in hand ) and Carl (with butcher knife in hand) trying to give Rod a much needed hair cut and Rocket a desperatly needed shave. Needlesss to say we failed so someone else will have to give it a shot.

Its been good sharing time with you guy,s hope you contiue having a safe but interesting trip.

It was neat to help you guys see Idaho's best kept secret...and with these photos we were able to see some familiar faces!!! Thanks again Rocket! Hope you and Rod continue to have a fabulous trip!

Teri- the redhead of Pakidaho

Here are most of the pics so far. Didn't get any with Yooper though, or of Rod sleeping in Fred's lazyboy.

Figured out the gaps in the spot locator transmissions.............. Do not put any keyring, in the same pocket, as the spot unit. They can turn off, the tracking, function.......

The rest of the time was spent with me (one of Carl's meat cleavers in hand ) and Carl (with butcher knife in hand) trying to give Rod a much needed hair cut and Rocket a desperatly needed shave. Needlesss to say we failed so someone else will have to give it a shot.

This is giving me an idea for a meet and eat when they get near us. Hmmmm wonder who should do the shaving and cutting? :whistling::Laugh:

Margaret

They're gone again,,, off to Cobourg this time to see some family that Rod says he has. Maybe next time they come this way, they could give a days notice,,,, good time to Meet & Greet. Pretty nice couple, enjoyed spending time with Rod, (doctors) and with Paul.

Ride well you two.

This is giving me an idea for a meet and eat when they get near us. Hmmmm wonder who should do the shaving and cutting? :whistling::Laugh:

Margaret

Why do I get the feeling I am going to be real glad, that I am not going to be in their shoes when they hit your neck of the woods.............Something tells me they are gonna wish they had let Carl and me do the Honors.

Took you guys a while,,,,, everything work out ok????

Ramp for hwy 427 closed, so scenic route thru Toronto, with a gas can re-fuel & leg strech in a parking lot. We ended up with a stalker in the parking lot, "chabicheka" causing more of a delay & finally another re-fuel & coffee stop along the way. We also waited, until daylight before heading to his Cousins place.

Just woke up recently, from the laydown since arrival.

Hey Rocket - been busy and off line for a few days up north (near North Bay), just a few hours from Charlies place. Can't believe I missed you guys at Timmies with Charlie or at Carl's or as you passed through Toronto - minutes from my place. Hope I can catch up with you guys somewhere along the way. When are you heading to Borden? I hope to ride back to Toronto sometime before Friday so will be at the cottage for another night or two - a good ride and stopover if it works for you. Will PM you to see if we can connect.

Hey Rocket - been busy and off line for a few days up north (near North Bay), just a few hours from Charlies place. Can't believe I missed you guys at Timmies with Charlie or at Carl's or as you passed through Toronto - minutes from my place. Hope I can catch up with you guys somewhere along the way. When are you heading to Borden? I hope to ride back to Toronto sometime before Friday so will be at the cottage for another night or two - a good ride and stopover if it works for you. Will PM you to see if we can connect.

Been to Borden once so far (quickie look), will be back there again before heading stateside. We will be working our way back towards there, stopping at Grumps relatives, along the way.