IGNORED

I got a keeper!

bj66

Since you have both....a road comparison of it and the rstd.

Maybe Don will a HD section to the forum....

I need to ride it some more to be real accurate. With the break in ride, at 50 mph etc. performance wise its hard to tell. I do know that the HD is alot easier to lean than the rstd, requires less effort. The stock seat is more comfy. I changed the stock HD bars to HD heritage bars, and that is a big improvement over stock. But apples to apples on that isnt fair cause i changed em right away. So far the Glide is better at every point ive paid attention to, but its only been 70 miles, so that isnt fair either.

Nice looking bike-my son just picked up his street glide a couple of weeks ago if you ever make it up Fargo way give me a call, meet for a cup of coffee and or go for a ride my number is in my profile

Been said befor but nice color!!!!!!!

My friend and I took a truck to get the bike, because of all the water/flooding in the area. The dealer was about 100 miles away. We got the bike about 1/2 way home before i couldnt take it anymore. We stopped and unloaded it so I could ride it the rest of the way. I went into a store and found a pair of light gloves and a stocking hat. I only had a light jacket, but thought it was gonna have to do. So long story short, the 1st ride was a COOL ride, in more ways than one....

I had a 06 StreetGlide for a while and loved almost everything about it.

It had a few issues so I picked it up on the cheap on ebay. the PO really didn't know how to care for a bike.

People like to dog out the HD because of the antique engine design and the cost but it is a business and apparently the market will bear the price. They are well made machines, no one can deny that. They really pay attention to detail. Kinda like a Lexus vs Toyota. Toyota is great till you drive a Lexus.

My only draw backs were the bag sizes. They are kinda pewny compared to the RSTD or Venture or almost any ones Else's bags. Loved the way it had the quick release though.

Mine was an o6 model they had some issues with the radio's display not working. Found a guy to fix that pretty cheap compared to a new system. The system worked fine , you just never new what mode you were in without going through the sequence in your head.

The fairing mounts broke often from the engine vibration. They have since upgraded the brace for the bigger engines. It was another cheap fix. Even if I went with the OEM it was still less than $100. I fixed mine for about $10 with the help of Home Depot.

The engine vibration, you either love it or hate it. I didn't mind it but it had a spot around 1800 rpms that was worse than it should be and since around that range is where I did most of my riding.

All in all I think mine had some neglect issues but as far as ride and handle I've never ridden a bike as easy to ride as a HD, either this or my Wife's Fatboy.

After cleaning the bike up and fixing the few issues I sold the bike to a local dealer for $3,000.00 more than what I paid. I cleared almost $2000. after taxes so it was a good investment for me.

Would I buy another one.....ABSOLUTELY (just not that year)

Wife and I are getting ready to go for a ride so I might just detour around to where the guy has the Road Glide for sale.

Edited by TearlessTom

Took the bike out for about another 70 miles today, and actually could ride it quite a bit harder. The handling is better than the rstd, no doubt. I got on a open stretch and opened the bike up. Actually touched 100 mph. It didnt bother me at all to do it. I wouldve been uncomfortable doing that on my rstd. Maybe it is the fairing in front of me, I dont know. But I am much more confident in the handling at 200 miles than the 10000 on my rstd. The big downer on the Road Glide is the windshield. I replaced the 5 inch or whatever size they call it with an 10 inch (i think, cant remember) HD shield. It isnt near enough. I got alot of buffeting. But I can fix that. I believe the company that makes the best shield for them is called windvest. The other thing that I dont like is the location of the boards. They need to be out away from the bike a bit more. My feet feel comfortable about half way off the outside edge. But that can be fixed too. Well that is about it for now. Some asked for comparisons on bikes, i'll keep giving them as I find them.

. The other thing that I dont like is the location of the boards. They need to be out away from the bike a bit more. My feet feel comfortable about half way off the outside edge. But that can be fixed too. Well that is about it for now. Some asked for comparisons on bikes, i'll keep giving them as I find them.

Really sweet looking ride, BJ. Good luck with it. That floorboard issue is due to the fact that the HD is a narrower bike then the RSTD. I had the same issue when I took a friends Ultra for a ride. I was used to the wider foot position and I was pigeon toeing the brake and shifter. Guess I just like my legs spread out a bit more.....