IGNORED

Unveailing the new baby

viragofan

Ok so I finally have the 05 RSTD delievered from Sunner Southern Callifornia. Of course the weekend it arrived the temp was only 10 degrees outside.

So being new to this and bike in another town, long story as to why but it will be coming home with me soon.

By photos can you wonderfully intelligent people help me to answer a few questions.

First is that orginal exhaust. (you will need to go to my album to review the photos).

Second other than the pin stiping and the highway pegs is there any other noticable add ons?

Virago's are my passion for years. Only one issue, too small for the wife and i to ride comfortably.

So on to the next question, bike is out of California, I bought it from the dealership so I am unable to talk to the orginal owner. What I want to know is, is there any power robbing annoying emissions systems that I can remove from the bike?

She has 60k on her and from what my dad said, rattle the windows in the shop when it started after it was delivered.

So any help would be great.

Thanks all,

PS I included a photo of my 85 Virago, highly customized.

All I can say is the wife said sell my virago and sell her bike and buy a better bike. AKA RSTD. SO I sold all the other bikes but I am keeping the Virago as my 3 yr son loves to help me and why not have a bike to tinker with.

JK

That's really a great looking bike. A few things that I noticed immediately.

Not the stock exhaust.

KuryAkyn grips.

Yamaha chrome bag rails.

Chrome gas cap surround. Stock was black.

I'm thinking that the mirrors are custom.

custom seats, as they look pleated. Custom front brake rotor cover. Looks like some extra chrome engine bits, but can't tell for sure from the profile pictures.

The luggage rack is an add-on and the backrest may not be standard.

good looking bike.

Thanks all for the help on this.

Like I said came from Cali. not sure on things.

Anyway, is there anything I need to do for the emission items.

PS. Nice to hear good things especially for site unseen.

One thing I will say is my Uncle in California lived 15 minutes from the Dealership. 50 Yr HD rider and he was impressed with the cleaniless, the chrome, the sound, but felt it lacked the punch. Little to old to inform, power comes at higher RPMs. but I still love him. Also this guy has built for Damions, Big Twin Magazine, West Coast Coppers, and many more.

So for him to complement a Metric, I think this will be with me for some time.

Again, any good deck builders out there, need to get it done so I can ride.

:fingers-crossed-emo

License plate holder looks after market and it looks like the heel/toe shifter has been swapped out for a single lever but it's kinda hard to tell in the pics, also looks like you have a ball milled cover on the right side that isn't stock Nice bike.:whistling:

• 4 months later...

All right, finally on Aug 17, 2011 I got to show the new bike to the wife. Selling all the other bikes has been a challenge in patients but it has all paid off.

She was elated, back in July about a month ago with the kids gone we decided to take my Virago out for a ride. My wife made it 10 mins and then we had to go home.

Last night awesome, 82 degrees and we took a 40 mile run after a full supper for ofcourse Ice Cream.

All she can do is smile and I smile with her.

So now come the questions, first when I start out from a stop I hear a high pitched whine, something like a brake pad rubbing, but as I go I guess the noise of the engine drowns it out.

Second, when I come a complete stop and place the bike in neutral to park it, when i let out the clutch I hear something like a grinding. Deep not high.

So I love this new bike way to much to let any of this be a bummer, but I need some help. I can diagnose my Virago but still new to the RSTD.

Any help will be great,

PS does anyone know a Andy in Pine Valley CA, that used to have a 05 RSTD. The former owner has almost all the repair notes for the first 61k on this bike.

Thanks again, Viragofan

I counted at least 10 items not standard .

After market items:

mirrors, footrests, Kury grips, either Harley or Krome Works mufflers, gas cap surround

Yamaha add ons:

bag rails, bag guards, floor boards, gas tank mounting covers, carb covers, luggage rack with backrest

Larry

BTW: Nice bike :thumbsup2: