IGNORED

It's Official: Loud Pipes Save Lives!!

dmoff1698

Lawyer Noah Kushlefsky has filed suit in New York against Toyota Motor Company.

Seems as though Mary Rivera purchased a new Lexus and parked it in her down stairs garage. According to the suit, the engine was so quiet that Mrs Rivera did not realize that the engine was still running. The following morning relatives found Mrs Rivera passed out in her upstairs bedroom and her boyfriend Ernst Codella (also a Lawyer) deceased in bed, victims of carbon monoxide posioning.

The suit claims Toyota is liable because they failed to install an automatic engine shut off if the car is left unattended for some peroid of time.

On the other hand; this may also prove you really can't fix stupid.:doh:

I could almost understand it since many cars don't even use a key anymore. You just hop in and hit a button. To shut it off, you have to hit the button again or just get out and walk a certain distance away until the passkey isn't detected anymore and the car automatically shuts off.

Maybe stupid is a self correcting problem.:think:

MAYBE? LOL...

Maybe... she also didn't notice her keys were still in the ignition and the dash lights were still on?...

Or, do you think she always just left her keys in the car?

Comeon....

:bang head:

When I start my Escape with the remote it only runs for 8 minutes and shuts off. It can also be set to restart if it detects the engine temperature dropping below a certain point and run it for those 8 minutes and shut off again.

When I asked the technician about some details he said to me that the shut off mechanism was in the electronics on the SUV not in the remote starter,

If that is the case I gotta wonder why it isnt turned on at the factory.

Brian

When I start my Escape with the remote it only runs for 8 minutes and shuts off. It can also be set to restart if it detects the engine temperature dropping below a certain point and run it for those 8 minutes and shut off again.

When I asked the technician about some details he said to me that the shut off mechanism was in the electronics on the SUV not in the remote starter,

If that is the case I gotta wonder why it isnt turned on at the factory.

Brian

Uhhh... cuz up there in the Great White North, it would be running 24/7/365....:rotfl:

I am surprised they haven't thought to sue the homebuilder for not having them as standard equipment in the home..........:doh:

You would have thought that two highly educated people would have been smart enough to have carbon monoxide detectors in their home.:confused24: