IGNORED

Hit and Run driver got me today....

Midrsv

I was out for a ride this afternoon and my wife calls and asks me to pick up a powerball ticket for tonights drawing. So I stop in a Shell market about 15 miles from home to take a break and pick up the tickets. When I got back out to the bike I noticd my helmet dangling from the handle bars by the headset cord. I thought that was odd because the it was always secure hooked over the mirror. While I walked around the bike while finishing my Pepsi I noticed a turn signal lens on the ground about 4 feet behind the bike. It looked like mine, it was mine. Crap, someone hit me while I was in the store. I was parked out beyond the pump islands away from everyone. Upon further examination I found my fender dented, the chrome saddle bag rail bent, the trunk cracked and scratched and I was pissed.

I called the police to file a report and it turned out the store had security cameras that recoreded the event. However, the resolution was too poor to identify the vehicle or driver. The driver of a white extended cab pickup was parked about 30 feet from me. He backed up and his hitch ball took out my turn signal and dented the fender and his bumper hit the trunk. I watched in the video as he pushed the bike back about 4 feet and luckily it didn't fall over and stayed on the sidestand. The video showed the guy get out and look behind the truck and then get back in. I guess he was contemplating his next move because it took him a minute and a half to decide to get out and come in the store. It appeared he came in just to see if anyone seemed to have noticed him hit the bike. When no one seemed to have noticed he returned to his truck and drove off. All the while I am standing in the store talking to friendly guy that just walked up and asked about Ventures. This all happened in about 3 minutes.

The trooper took the report and a copy of the video but it is doubtful anything will come of it. I guess I get to talk to my insurance company Monday. It looks like replacment parts are going to run about $1300.

Maybe it's time for a new bike. I'm tempted. With my luck today I don't expect much from those lottery tickets.

Dennis

What a low life puke to hit and drive off..

I a suprised the bike didnt fall over being hit and pushed from behind sending the bike forward.

Hope the lotto ticket pays off and your able to buy two new ones...

(one for you and one for me..):whistling:

What is the deal with idiots. Also why in the hell did the indoor camera not get his douch on video. I can see the outdoor camera maybe not being great, but sounds like their video system would allow anyone to walk in and rob them and walk out with no identifiable image. Our local Shell gets robbed of gas and indoors twice so far. Cameras got NOTHING here either.

Sorry some jerk did that. Hopefully he will return to the station and someone will identify him. Request the video footage and plaster it on youtube and facebook. He will come forward then.

What is the deal with idiots. Also why in the hell did the indoor camera not get his douch on video. I can see the outdoor camera maybe not being great, but sounds like their video system would allow anyone to walk in and rob them and walk out with no identifiable image. Our local Shell gets robbed of gas and indoors twice so far. Cameras got NOTHING here either.

Sorry some jerk did that. Hopefully he will return to the station and someone will identify him. Request the video footage and plaster it on youtube and facebook. He will come forward then.

One of the outside cameras showed the guy walking toward the door but it was from a high angle and he had on a baseball cap. The indoor camera was aimed at the door but there was extreme backlighting from the sun so it washed out the image. It was and ADT security camera system and none of the images were very good. You couldn't make out any plate numbers on any car in the lot.

Dennis

One of the outside cameras showed the guy walking toward the door but it was from a high angle and he had on a baseball cap. The indoor camera was aimed at the door but there was extreme backlighting from the sun so it washed out the image. It was and ADT security camera system and none of the images were very good. You couldn't make out any plate numbers on any car in the lot.

Dennis

Exact same issue here with our SHell. Drive offs all the time. Indoor stick up robbing twice. NO.....NONE................NADA even one slight good image.

Sam's club has a kick azz system for $1500.00. I just do not understand it. If you do obtain video though someone, even with a "rough" image will recognise that truck. Post it everywhere. Toss in a $100.00 reward for imformation leading the the "arrest" and he is done.

The Company I work for has a commercial security division. The systems we put in have quality cameras and are very coustmizable. The images are very clear and backlighting is very seldom an issue. The problem is that these small stations either can't afford ours or don't want to spend the money. It's just another case of you get what you pay for.

It's a stretch but it's been done locally a few times and has led to information.

Run a post on local public forums. Any local papers with a bulletin board or the rants & raves section of Craigslist. A couple of stolen bikes and ATV's have been recovered that way here.

Post the gas station location, time of day and a description of the driver and vehicle. If you can get a copy of the security tape make a snapshot of the truck hitting your bike and post it to.

Ya never know. Sometimes a long shot pays off.

A small reward for info would help......leading to the arrest of the party. He's is guilty of hit & run or at best, leaving the scene of an accident.

Mike

That really bites, but at least you weren't ON it when it happened!. If it makes you feel any better back in 07 I bought a new FJR out of state. Took it to the courthouse to get it registered. While I'll in the Sheriff's office, this moron in a Dodge pickup backed right into my new (203 miles) motorcycle and shoved it backwards about 3 ft. I went walking out the door carrying my helmet and a guy says "is that your bike out front. I say Yeah, he says, that idiot out there in the Dodge just backed over it". Took out the forks, fender, front wheel, brake rotors, etc. Wound up costing about $1800 and my "new" bike was in the shop two weeks. The perpetrator never evey apologized or said he was sorry. 'Tis a good thing murder's illegal, 'cause I sure thought about it!:whistling:

Ouch, the one you have now, or an earlier one?

And did they get that guy?

Later, Scooter Bob

Yep the 06, I was lucky, his truck wouldnt start so he couldnt make a getaway, had to help him push it off my bike. Funny now, wasnt funny then:doh: Craig

Dennis

Where is this place,I need a few extra bucks.:rotfl:

I have had several hit and runs on my vehicles over the years, but the one that took the cake was when I was at a gas pump and a guy backed out of a service bay right into the bumper of my truck (he was in a truck too). Moved my truck around a lot and I was standing right there. He looked right into my eyes, and started to pull away. I jumped in front of him and stopped him and he yelled at me, and I mentioned he just hit my truck, and he said "NO damage, let me go".

Now here is the wild part, I KNEW This guy, a local rich guy that was used to nobody saying no to him, but I pulled out my phone and said I was calling police for a hit and run, and he better believe I knew who he was and had his plate, and had witnesses stacking up.

then he stopped. He moved my bumper about an inch to the side and I made sure his insurance covered it. When police arrived, they claimed they couldn't issue a ticket because it was private property, unless he actually left the property. I said that is fine, I just want his actions on record.

Some people.

Hey I watch CSI man all they do is throw that tape in the super computer and poof a perfect picture... LOL ... But really sorry for your misfortune I would have been crushed hope you find the low life:fingers-crossed-emo

Yeah, the trooper commented that CSI was BS. He said that he only knew of one case where a camera got a good plate number and it was because it was zoomed in on a drive through where it could get a close up shot of just the plate.

I called the insurance company today and now I'm waiting to here from the adjuster. They told me to go ahead and get a repair quote.

Dennis

Yeah, the trooper commented that CSI was BS. He said that he only knew of one case where a camera got a good plate number and it was because it was zoomed in on a drive through where it could get a close up shot of just the plate.

I called the insurance company today and now I'm waiting to here from the adjuster. They told me to go ahead and get a repair quote.

Dennis

Have you seen them photo enforced stop light cameras. Holy crap they are CSI quality. All $130.00 worth and I was not driving, but my plates so I get the ticket :confused24:

Them pictures are fantastic, have to be very expensive camera systems.

I wanted to let everyone know the outcome of the settlement. As I stated previously I decided to just let the dealer take care of the repairs. All of the parts have been ordered and there was only 1 trunk in stock and it has to come from Japan.

The appraiser with my insurance company, Dairyland/Sentry was very good to work with. He was very quick to respond to communications both by phone and email. Thanks Kevin! My best experience ever dealing with insurance.

Dennis