IGNORED

NEED ADVISE!! Found 2001 RSV for $5000 w/12,000 mi. !!!!

Venture Steve

Hi everyone,, I just came across a 2001 RSV for $5000 w/12,000 mi. in great shape!

Can I get some comments on the bike and the value?

Thanks,

Steve

Ride it. If it doesn't "scream" (clutch whine/chirp) in an offensive way, then it would be a good buy IF it has been properly maintained over the last 10 years. Since it hasn't been ridden much you would want to check the tires (make sure they are "fresh", not just good tread), probably change all fluids including brake/clutch, antifreeze, rear end oil, engine oil, and remove the rear drive so you can clean the drive pins and grease the splines.

Is this the green/silver color? My personal favorite....

I bought a 99 with 12,000 miles in December for $3500. I figured it would cost me more but when he priced it, I just said OK sounds good to me..! Everything works, looks good,, but I'm going to do the carbs...I believe I have some lacqered up jets....not completely plugged but not completely open yet either....I say yet because I'm still running seafoam through them. I had a 2005 RSV and even though I have another pretty good bike, I still missed the RSV too...Just grab it and enjoy they are a good bike. I rode my RSV around Bristol Speedway at 91.6 and still had more throttle but I could feel the rear wheel breaking loose just slightly.

Thanks everyone!! It is mine now!!! I just drove it home (50 Miles) and every thing seems

great!! The bike was just serviced in late December, Carbs rebuilt, fuel filter replaced, Fuel tank cleaned out, Plugs replaced, oil and filter replaced. And there is 5 months remaining on an extended warranty! And I did not pay $5000!! (I hope this does not sound like I am bragging!!) I am sure I will wake up in the middle of the night and say,, what the Hell!

Thanks again,,

Will upload photos soon!

P.S. I have a 1984 VR for sale now!

Steve

:cool10:

Good for you. Hope everything works out great with the new bike.You are making me think about buying a Venture too. I have a Tour Deluxe, and love it. Bought it new. But I still sometimes wish I had a Venture, especially when my wife rides with me. They have the extra comforts for the better half. If I could just get her to believe that a man needs two bikes ..... :mo money::mo money::mo money::cool10::cool10::cool10:

You guys and your First Gen "Speed" talk! I've only ridden my second get, but at 150lbs, I'm up to 80 before I know it and still haven't opened it up...why on earth would I need (or want) much more speed than that? are you guys in a hurry or somethin'?:stirthepot::stirthepot::whistling::rotf:

Thanks everyone!! It is mine now!!! I just drove it home (50 Miles) and every thing seems

great!! The bike was just serviced in late December, Carbs rebuilt, fuel filter replaced, Fuel tank cleaned out, Plugs replaced, oil and filter replaced. And there is 5 months remaining on an extended warranty! And I did not pay $5000!! (I hope this does not sound like I am bragging!!) I am sure I will wake up in the middle of the night and say,, what the Hell!

Thanks again,,

Will upload photos soon!

P.S. I have a 1984 VR for sale now!

Steve

:cool10:

If you got this bike for under $5k, I believe you got one heck of a great deal. Enjoy!!