IGNORED

Blizzard 1011 how you guys doing?

stardbog

Brian,

I'm in shock----- -2F in Amorillo TX? How can that be?

high of 14F today?, you better check on your buddy.

Without you having posted that, I would have thought it would be in the 60s or 70s there.

Simply amazing, I mean here in Wisconsin, we expect stuff like that, after all, it's winter here.

Steve

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tx2sturgis

He's ok, gotta text from him showing his breakfast at a local deli...he's fine...

Yeah Steve, it was ZERO here this morning and about 5 below up there in Amarillo. Maybe you are unaware that this is like a HUGE winter event. Only a few coastal areas have been spared.

http://usat.me?43167716

Check out the this temperature map from my ipad:

Edited by tx2sturgis

Nasty here are the Illinois/Wisconsin border but the sun is shining now and 16 deg F.

Couple of pictures for your viewing pleasure.

1. Gracie gots to go pee. Garage door open.

2. Front of our house.

3. I think I could get the Bike out of the garage!

4. Nice drift in the back yard.

BOO

Welcome to the Great Texas Iceage.

I'm surviving here in Iceburg Texas...but a disabled friend in Amarillo has a low-powered heater trying to heat an old poorly insulated house in Amarillo...and he texted me a pic of a water bottle INSIDE his home that froze....its 26 degrees in his living room!

He does have an electric blanket on his couch plugged in...so he and his 3 cats are huddled under that.

Make sure he runs his water from time to time so the pipes don't freeze and bust.

not so bad in toronto area....a regular snowy day as far as i am concerned. took a couple of hours to clear the driveway. did take my time. didnt want to be found lying on the snow face down by passer bys. :snow:

news media over hyped the storm. they even closed all schools in the city, which i think was overkill.:doh:

Sounds like a commercial to me. :Laugh:

We didn't get much rain and now it's gonna get up into the 70's. Glad we missed out on all the fun this go around. Matter of fact I think we missed the last go around as well.

Margaret

Not a commericail just trying to turn the people that swear by, Heineken, Miller LIte or heaven forbide Bud (and the like),lon to what a real beer tastes like. Just doing a public service

Brian,

I'm in shock----- -2F in Amorillo TX? How can that be?

high of 14F today?, you better check on your buddy.

Without you having posted that, I would have thought it would be in the 60s or 70s there.

Simply amazing, I mean here in Wisconsin, we expect stuff like that, after all, it's winter here.

Steve

I thought it was just Texas being hospitable to the Packers and wanting them to feel at home.

my wife took some pictures of our house

https://picasaweb.google.com/117775479021704410737/SnowFeb22011?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ-SiLnA4N3omQE&feat=email#

I have a 318 JD with a cab and snow blower. My work canceled yesterday and I blew snow for 10 hours for family neighbors and friends. My cars would be in the garage but it is full of bikes. Now! my wife wants me to move them somewhere else. Sorry honey.

Iowa Guy :snow2:

We got the ice, lost elec at 4am, no heat, no water (well) and no lites. We are at the bottom of a large hill so we get water runoff in our finished basement. Usually not a problem as we have 3 sump pits and pumps, but when the power goes out we are screwed, so we were bailing the sump pits by candle lite all morning till the freezing rain stopped. It did look beautiful outside everything was coated with an inch of ice, unfortunately we are surrounded by huge pine and cedars so the limbs were dropping left and rite, but we got the power back late afternoon and luckily all the ice melted off the trees before we got the 30mph winds last nite, was a pretty interesting day, I think I will take snow over ice anytime.