IGNORED

bigpine33

Hello everyone in the RSV family. I am a new owner (2000' #374) and a new member. I purchased the bike from an original owner in Deluth MN. I recently flew up to MN and loaded the Bike on a rental truck and trucked it to K.C. Misouri (below the snow line). From there i rode to my hometown of Mobile Al (1025 mi). I loved the ride and the bike. I was not impressed with the Corbin seat however. Some people rave over Corbin seats but I guess they do not fit everyone the same.To each his own. The first thing I did was add a light bar in the front and rear and convert the rear turn signals to stop and tail and turn with a kit from cruiser customizing. Next I installed 1.5 " risers. All was money well spent. The wife and I are planning a ride to California in June so My next project will be the seat. I will either modify the Corbin or purchase a stock seat and modify it . Maybe someone on this foruum would like to work up a trade of some kind ? The second order of business is storage. Has anyone tried one of the 18" x 30" cooler racks from Rivco ? I would rather not trailer with the bike if I do not have to but trailering is not out of the question. The plan is to trailer the bike to Clayton NM. and park the truck there at the KOA ($5.00 per day aint bad). We will ride from Clayton to CO Springs (can't wait to smell the Russian olives) the first day to visit our son at the Air Force Academy. From there we will ride west through CO , Utah,Nevada, and in to Sacramento. We will visit the Redwoods, Pacific coast highway,Napa valley, Lake T. , Death V. and the sequoias. We will take a more southernly route on the return trip. This will be our first two up trip. We did Yellowstone in 08', Grand Canyon in 09', and Big Bend in 10' on My Vtx 1300 and her VSTAR 1100. I look forward to sharing information with the RSV family. Any help that will improve our riding experience will be appreciated.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk114/bigpine33/007.jpg?t=1294859017

Very nice Millennium you've got there. People either love or hate Crobin seats (I'm a hater) because they're so firm. One thing you might want to consider adding is a Luggage Rack. I've got one on my bike and it really helps packing if you use a luggage rack bag. I really think you're going to love the Venture and welcome to the site.

Welcome to the Family!! Like has been said, you are about to get swamped with info and advice, take what you need and save the rest, cause you will need it at some time. Rick Butler, member on the site, can help ya out with your seat, he has done a mod on many here on site. Nice lookin scoot, and again welcome to the Family!!

Welcome aboard!!! Yah, find a nice stock seat, try it out for a while, and then try the Rick Butler "Butt Mod."

Towing a trailer is no problem at all, if you do you will have to look behind you periodixally to remind yourself that it is still behind you!

The MM edition is an especially nice edition and you should be proud to own it!!

Try to make a few M&E if you can, this site is a great family to get to know!

Hi and welcome to the family. Here is a picture of what I did for more room for our trip to Alaska last summer. Best part was it cost less than $50. I had most of the stuff kicking around the garage.

Edited by Gary N.

I'm with Gary on this one. We use a gym bag on the trunk for rain gear.layers of clothes and other small light weight stuff. The rack on the back is great just keep the weight light. If you get to San Diego look me up Rod

Welcome to the site Bigpine! You're going to enjoy it. You'll find a lot of discussions here about seats. I like my Mustang seat but my wife hates it. So for long trips when she is with me I switch out to stock pillowtop. I noticed you have the Corbin passenger backrest also. I tried one of those once thinking my wife would like the wrap around backrest. She hated it. She felt it made it harder to get on and off and since the foam wasn't as soft as the pillowtop it transmitted more vibration into her back. We only used it one weekend.

I plan to also be in CA and OR at the end of June and the first of July this year. Planning on riding from Portland or Tacoma to San Fransisco along the coast highway.

Like others have said, get a trunk rack to improve your luggage capacity. A trailer hitch wrack is a good idea also.

Good luck and thanks for the introduction.

Dennis

Hi and welcome to the family. Here is a picture of what I did for more room for our trip to Alaska last summer. Best part was it cost less than $50. I had most of the stuff kicking around the garage.

I had a private message requesting more info on how I made the luggage carrier so I've attached another pic showing the bottom side.

I carried about 40# total gross weight in the carrier without any handling problems.

Welcome to the family, very nice lookin scooter, its been well taken care of. It has already been mentioned, but pulling a trailer with these scooters is great and you really don't know its back there. I purchased a small trailer frame from Harbor Freight and found a sears cartop carrier for $25. That set up hauls anything we need for any trip.

C.R.

Guest Ken8143

That is a great looking mod you made there. Love it.