IGNORED

Old new Venture rider

SMSgt

Just thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself. I've been lurking in the shadows for a few months now and decided I need you guys more than I thought.

My name is Kent Brown and I live in Cedar City UT. I'm a retired Senior Master Sergeant (SMSgt) from the USAF with 33 years time. I also retired as a full time fire Capt about 7 years ago so now I'm twice retired and don't do much except motorcycles and Mustangs, I own 3 of them.

One of my "things" is riding across this beautiful country. So I bought an 03 RSV. I like the colors on the 03 and of course I liked the price as well. I bought it because my wife wants to ride to DC with me next May and said she didn't want to ride that far on the Road Star. She told me to buy the Venture so she could go along. You just got to love a woman like that.

Anyway I owned a 1st gen Venture (84) until about 8 or 10 years ago and then RA got me and I couldn't ride anymore. Well I got some wonder drugs and now I really don't experience much pain.

I'm going to try and go to Oberlin next year for the maintenance day, or whatever it's called, on the way home from Run For The Wall. Then I'm thinking about going to Cody in July.

I don't know how to do pictures yet but I'm sure I will learn. Then I'll post some.

Well I guess that's about it for now.:starz:

Welcome to our family...yes, we are a disfunctional family but its to late for you now..lol post often and you will make friends fast. Don't be afraid to ask questions and the picture thing is a "Rule"...oh yea, if you live near a DAIRY QUEEN ,I guarantee you will make friends even faster..........:fnd_(16): :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16):

Hey Kent,

Welcome to the site! It sounds like you will fit (or misfit) right in with this crowd. Going from a First Gen. VR to the Second Gen. RSV seems to be the

"Natural REgression".:sign just kidding: You could not have picked a better scoot to purchase in today's market than the Second Gen. RSV. It basically has the same engine as the VR you had with a few upgrades like a spin on oil filter. And I am sure you remember how to work the Cassette Deck on your First Gen. so you are in luck there. The tranny gearing is a bit taller on the RSV so to keep the RPM's up on hills and under heavy loads, you may need to drop it down a gear, but other than that, you will get many wonderful miles from your RSV.

As far as the pics go, when you scrolled down to hit the "Submit Post" or "Submit Reply" button, if you would scroll down a bit further to the "Manage Attachments" button and click that, a window comes up and you can "Browse" the picture files on your computer and attach them to this thread or post. Give it a try. Mostly, try to have fun here, as we do.

Again, Welcome to the site,:thumbsup2:

Earl

Welcome to our family...yes, we are a disfunctional family but its to late for you now..lol post often and you will make friends fast. Don't be afraid to ask questions and the picture thing is a "Rule"...oh yea, if you live near a DAIRY QUEEN ,I guarantee you will make friends even faster..........:fnd_(16): :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16):

Well Big Tom. I am familiar with disfunctional families I have been writing on Road Star Clinic for a couple of years and having a lot of fun. And yes actually I do live close to a Dairy Queen.

I welcome anyone riding through Southern UT. My door is always open and I have a huge shop for repairs or even secure storage.:thumbsup2:

I'm going to try and go to Oberlin next year for the maintenance day, or whatever it's called, on the way home from Run For The Wall. Then I'm thinking about going to Cody in July.

I don't know how to do pictures yet but I'm sure I will learn. Then I'll post some.

Well I guess that's about it for now.:starz:

Welcome to the board Kent. My father in law was a lifer in the USAF. 29-6-1. Would have stayed in but they mentioned something about going back to Nam, and he was the second oldest to go the first time, so he pulled the plug. He spent some time at Hill off and on. MOS munitions. Maybe you rubbed elbows at one time or another. 63years in service between the two of you. Ralph W. Templin SMSgt. Anyway, hope to see you in Cody. Maybe you can hitch up with Utaventure when riding thru S.Lake...

Well welcome to the family. Since you are retired military I'm sure these guys won't scare you too bad. :Laugh: DQ is kinda the official ice cream (ice cream is a required food for this group). Hope you get to make it to MD it's a lot of fun and they actually manage to work on some bikes.

Oh no matter what anyone tells you about me :whistling:it's not true, I'm really a sweet kind person. :)

Margaret

Welcome to the rolling barcolounger crowd!! Good choice on the 2nd gen Venture, they are more comfortable than a 1st gen, but not as quick and nimble. I too am blessed with a wife that loves to ride. Unfortunately I still have another year and a half to go until retirement. I'm a Vietnam vet but haven't had the opportunity to make the run for the wall yet but will after I retire.

Welcome to the zoo!!

Have a daughter living in SLC who I keep threatening to visit one of these days so maybe we will share some mud together in the future. Welcome to a great family!!!!

Come on down anytime. My door is always open.

I pass through SLC at least a couple of times a month. My mother still lives in N. Utah and I still go to the VA hospital up their.

Well welcome to the family. Since you are retired military I'm sure these guys won't scare you too bad. :Laugh: DQ is kinda the official ice cream (ice cream is a required food for this group). Hope you get to make it to MD it's a lot of fun and they actually manage to work on some bikes.

Oh no matter what anyone tells you about me :whistling:it's not true, I'm really a sweet kind person. :)

Margaret

I plan on making it to MD on the way home from DC.

As far as what I've heard about you, if you are already denying it then there must be some truth to the rumor. You know there is a difference between a sweet kind of a person and a really sweet person, don't you?:scratchchin:

Yeah, I know how that is. I lived down there 26 or so years ago on 2875 W and got divorced and bought a house up by Sand Ridge and North Parks. No trains but airplanes seem to have a hard time staying in the air in my neighborhood.

Planes are still falling in that area. happened again just a couple of weeks ago. Cedar is probably much nicer.

Yeah I know I still own the house there and heard on the news that the power was out. I had to call my son to go and check things and as usual the news was wrong.

I live under the flight path for Cedar City airport now. Oh well I guess I can't worry about it.

See you later.

KB