IGNORED

'99 rsv trike

gunboat

hi all just found a 1999 rsv thats been triked out with a motor trike kit. it has less than 18,000 miles on it. they want $15,000 for it. i know the engine not even broken in at those miles. shucks when i bought my '99 rsv it only had 21,000 miles on the clock. should i go for the $15,000 or offer them a lower price?

reguards

don c.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what that trike kit looks like, but I would throw them a lower figure and see if they bite.

hi all just found a 1999 rsv thats been triked out with a motor trike kit. it has less than 18,000 miles on it. they want $15,000 for it. i know the engine not even broken in at those miles. shucks when i bought my '99 rsv it only had 21,000 miles on the clock. should i go for the $15,000 or offer them a lower price?

reguards

don c.

Nice find. Knowing what it costs to convert to a trike that's a good deal in itself. But it never hurts to ask for a better deal. The most they can say is "no deal".

I don't think Motor Trike is currently offering kits or conversions for the RSV's, at least their not advertising it.

Good luck, Larry

Nice find. Knowing what it costs to convert to a trike that's a good deal in itself. But it never hurts to ask for a better deal. The most they can say is "no deal".

I don't think Motor Trike is currently offering kits or conversions for the RSV's, at least their not advertising it.

Good luck, Larry

They don't Larry :think: They did in 01 I think for a real short time. A MT kit is a good kit. As far as I know the Hannigan or Triwing are it for the RSV line. 15K ain't a bad deal if it is solid, I would think.

Gunboat: did you get any pictures,, I would like to see it myself...

KBB retail value on a '99 is $5500 bucks. Probably 6000 because of the milage. How much is the trike kit worth used. $9000??? Probably more like $7000 in value. I'd think that $13000 would be more in line as an asking price.... I know a new trike costs a ton, but time marches on..... :2cents:

Very cool!! Janet says she wants a ride when you get it!! Got any pics???

:wow:

hi all

thanks to everyone for the input. sorry for the slow responce. i'am in the process of buying the trike. hope to pick it up this weekend, but may have to wait till next. heck i'am going to be a TRIKER BIKER. :Laugh:

reguards

don c. :dancefool:

We will have to meet up so I can give it the once over,,,:happy34: Looks good. I haven't seen the MT kit yet. Get all the info you can on it if possible.

take a close look at the rear of right fender.....looks like a bullet hole....but then again the trike is coming from the wild west !!

thanks ponch for posting those pictures. yep thats the one. hope to be able to pick it up saturday. kreg tell janet she's on the list. george thanks i have followed your post. look forward to hooking up with you. looking forward to riding the trike and i know my daughter sarah is too. she has been a great passenger on our rides together over the last 5 years. she will be 16 this month, and i'am a blessed dad to have her join me on our rides together.

best reguards

don c.

I think that's one of the best looking trikes I've seen. It just looks like what I think a trike should look like. Looks like it's in excellent shape although it's hard to tell in a picture. The only thing that would make it look better is if it were the OTHER 99 color---bordeaux/silver !! That's what I had and it's still my favorite color. Good luck to you and have many happy miles. :cool10:

ps. I know about the daughters riding with you. Ain't it grand !!!!!!

does he get the "Trailer" also???

You better get one of them hard hats with mirrors all around. Not only do you have keep an eye on CupCake, but now you better watch out Thom.

http://hardhats.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/mirrors.jpg

hi all thanks for all the comments.

condor i got it for 13,900 they would only come down a thousand. but i feel its a good price considering the low miles and the cost of trikeing out a motorcycle. i feel the motor trike is a good one even if they don't make one for the rsv right now.

reguards

don c.