IGNORED

New Ethanol Sta-Bil

Wonder if any have seen or used this yet.

http://www.compacc.com/p/STA-BIL-Ethanol-Treatment

Looking for different options as it's getting to be a little to chilly for every day riding here. I try to keep her road ready through out most of the winter as I have been known to ride to work when it's even a little above freezing, because even a cold day on the bike beats a warm day in the truck! Thanks for your input.

I went down to ACE last weekend to get a new bottle of stabil and saw this new, ethenol stabil, but I only use it to put the bikes/boat away for the winter, and only use non-ehtenol gas to boot, so, for me, no need.

Jeff, all Kwik trips have premium,no ethenol gas. Just a heads up.

Steve

I went down to ACE last weekend to get a new bottle of stabil and saw this new, ethenol stabil, but I only use it to put the bikes/boat away for the winter, and only use non-ehtenol gas to boot, so, for me, no need.

Jeff, all Kwik trips have premium,no ethenol gas. Just a heads up.

Steve

I use BuyRealGas.com and it shows all of the stations that have real gas and what grads of gas are ethanol free for each station. I use it for trip planning.

Whenever coming home from up nort, I always stop at the last place on the way home that has real gas to top off the truck and fill my jug.

I really like the 5% better gas mileage that it gives.

Guest scarylarry

I used it and star ron in in hopes of improving my gas mileage, well it didn't not one bit...

Has far as treating the fuel for winter, I never do that either I just go out once a week fire up weedeater, mower and bike and let it run till it get to normal operating temp, I even have to add fuel in the winter...I do use sea foam from time to time and that is it, I never had a carb issue knock on wood..Of course this couldn't apply to boats..

I never use a fuel stabilizer in my bike.. I ride it when ever I can.. sometimes when I shouldn't.. I didn't realize it was supposed to snow today when I went out for a chilly ride. Now THAT's a new one for me!! lol

Did someone say that SeaFoam also acts like a fuel stabilizer as well? I tend to put that in my bike by this time of the year as I don't pull the bike out as often as I would like to..

Darn stoopid snow..

I use BuyRealGas.com and it shows all of the stations that have real gas and what grads of gas are ethanol free for each station. I use it for trip planning.

Whenever coming home from up nort, I always stop at the last place on the way home that has real gas to top off the truck and fill my jug.

It is sickening to click on Texas and see NO real gas within hundreds of miles from Houston. I hope it isn't a comprehensive list, but I fear it is.

Seafoam is also a fuel stabilizer according to their info and website. I have never used anything other that seafoam as a stabilzer in my bike or any small engine like snow thrower or lawn mower and when i had them they all started just fine after being stored.

Brian

I have stored old cars and such for a year or more at a time and been doing this for decades. Never had anything have any gas problems, carbs have been clean as a whistle (a clean whistle!) every time I opened them. With Fuel injection I don't open them up but no problems. I usually put in some Amsoil gasoline stabilizer when storing something. have had vehicles with gas (ethanol mix) that is 1.5 years old and no problems. Doesn't mean that anyone else will have the same results, but I just don't see Ethanol as a problem fuel.

I also use Sea Foam from time to time in the bikes.

How much do you pay for a gallon of 'Real Gas"?

Is it the same price as the ethanol at the other pumps or do they charge a premium?

Assuming a cost of $3.00 a gallon for ethanol, the real gas would have to be under $3.15 a gallon to justify the increase of 5% mileage.

On the other hand, the real gas would not be detrimental to the rubber components in the fuel system, so there may be a long term payback there.

But, judging by the limited amount of places that sell it in Ohio, the majority of the time, on rides of any distance, ethanol is the only choice.

Gary

ya know, it makes me sick to my stomach reading you guys whine and complain about the cost of gas.. sheesh... 3 bucks a gallon.. 3.15 a gallon aww you poor muffins.. awww

Come visit us up here and enjoy REAL gas.. (some places do mix it though) for the cheap gas prices of.. anywhere from 4.00 to 5.50 a gallon for regular gas.. yeah.. (1.15 a litre recently)

NOW you understand why we like riding down in the USA on road trips.. CHEAP GAS!

The border security people keep asking us "what is the purpose of your visit" every time we cross the border, we keep telling them "Cheap Gas" but they won't accept that as a reason.. Shame..

Sorry, HAD to get that off my chest..

3 bucks a gallon, I wish!

It is sickening to click on Texas and see NO real gas within hundreds of miles from Houston. I hope it isn't a comprehensive list, but I fear it is.

Check Marina's around you, that where most of it is distributed. There are no "on road" pumps at regular fuel stations around here with non-ethanol, but a couple of the marina's have pumps you can pull up to. $3.50 gallon for fuel labeled 90 Octane Recreational. So I wonder if its for boats, is it free of road taxes like Ag diesel? All the one's on the list for my area are Marina's.

So as not to Hijack. I use the Stabil Blue on a regular basis in my bike. If anything to protect from any moisture the alcohol in the fuel absorbs between rides. Probably adds some lubricity to the fuel which can't hurt either. And if for some reason, 1 week turns into three or four of not riding, the fuel is stabilized.

RSTDdog

• 2 weeks later...
Wonder if any have seen or used this yet.

http://www.compacc.com/p/STA-BIL-Ethanol-Treatment

Looking for different options as it's getting to be a little to chilly for every day riding here. I try to keep her road ready through out most of the winter as I have been known to ride to work when it's even a little above freezing, because even a cold day on the bike beats a warm day in the truck! Thanks for your input.

I found the Blue Stabil cheaper at the Napa store. 24.95 for the 32 oz. size. :hurts: