IGNORED

I just bought a Virago today!

Sylvester

I picked it up at 1:00 PM and have it at the house. I have taken pictures, but someone needs to remind me how to show them on a post. Exceptionally clean '89 1100 with 11,000 or so miles and great tire. I saw it last week while in Marion NC and made the deal this morning. Now how about some help with where to get engine gaurds and how to post the pix.

:farmer:

I picked it up at 1:00 PM and have it at the house. I have taken pictures, but someone needs to remind me how to show them on a post. Exceptionally clean '89 1100 with 11,000 or so miles and great tire. I saw it last week while in Marion NC and made the deal this morning. Now how about some help with where to get engine gaurds and how to post the pix.

You bought the bike in Marion NC,my hometown and didn't give a yell you was in town.We could have met up and had a chat or coffee or lunch.Congrats on the purchase.

Now how about some help with where to get engine gaurds and how to post the pix.

For Pictures, when you reply to this post or start a new thread

1.scroll down past the box where you type and the smiley Icons, past the submit button and under that is the Box for Additional Options.

2.You'll see a smaller box that says attach files with a gray button that says Manage Attachments. Click the Manage Attachments button and you get a pop up window (be sure your pop up blocker allows pop ups from Venturerider.org) >the pop up window has boxes with a Browse button next to them.

3.Click the browse button to navigate to the folder on your computer where your new bike pictures are, select the image from the browse window and click open. You can browse and click in 10 pictures at a time.

4.Then click the upload button in the bottom right of the Manage Attachments window. It will upload the picture(s). Once its uploaded you will see the file name or names in the Manage Attachments under Current attachments You may need to reduce the image sizes, if its too big it wont go.

If you did it right your posts will have pictures in it like this.

Good luck with the new bike. Viragos are nice.

RSTDdog

There is also a lot that had one.

... and some of us still do have them !

Took my '99 out for a spin last weekend after not riding it for 3 months (since I got the Venture). Just seems so small now !

My intention has been to keep both bikes and use the Virago for one up riding but during the past 3 months the Venture has been my daily ride. Now I'm considering selling the Virago.

54,000km, original owner, original pipes, looks almost new. sigh... maybe I'll keep it.

:hurts:

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to posting the pictures. I had to drain all the gas and Kreem the tank, adjust the valves and new plugs but she is running great. She looks almost new! I ordered new tires because these old Qualifiers are cracking. I went with D 404s.

Finally got around to posting the pictures. I had to drain all the gas and Kreem the tank, adjust the valves and new plugs but she is running great. She looks almost new! I ordered new tires because these old Qualifiers are cracking. I went with D 404s.
Never had D404's on my xv1100 but have heard they don't last very long. I put E3's on mine last year absolutely love them. They are a bit larger than the stock tires but fit well and make 5th a real overdrive. Seem to work as well as the E3's do on the Venture.

Never had D404's on my xv1100 but have heard they don't last very long. I put E3's on mine last year absolutely love them. They are a bit larger than the stock tires but fit well and make 5th a real overdrive. Seem to work as well as the E3's do on the Venture.

I have had nothing but Dunlop D 404s on my 2000 Ultra Classic and my 02 RSMV and I am totally pleased. I have my own tire changer and balancer, and I can run the D 404 for less $s per mile than anything else. They give great traction wet or dry and serve me well. Yes if you want to pay bigger money for E-3s or Avon Venoms, you are welcome to do so. I get 14,000 miles off a D 404 for a lot less front end money.

I agree with you about the performance. I actually never had any complaints with the way that the 404's felt or gripped. I was perfectly happy with them. I was also very pleased with the mileage that I got out of the original tires, close to 13,000 and only changed them because I was leaving for an extended trip and didn't want to push them.

The problems started with the 404 replacements. I only got about 9,000 miles out of them and that is the same story that I have heard from a lot of people here. The OEM 404 lasted 12,000 to 16,000 miles but the replacements lasted less than 10,000. Almost seems that the tires that Dunlop supplies to Yamaha aren't the same formulation as the ones that they sell for the aftermarket.

Glad you are having such good luck with them and wish that had been the case for me.

I picked it up at 1:00 PM and have it at the house. I have taken pictures, but someone needs to remind me how to show them on a post.

Now whoever told you thats what you have to do to post the pics....i would stay away from him!!!:scared:

Yes if you want to pay bigger money for E-3s or Avon Venoms, you are welcome to do so. I get 14,000 miles off a D 404 for a lot less front end money.
I have put about 9000 miles on my E3's this year and they look almost brand new. Just a guess but I expect to get close to 30000 miles off these tires. The cost differential at Dennis Kirk is about $10 per tire. It costs me about $50 to get the tires mounted and balanced. Looks to me like I'll get more miles per dollar out of the E3's. Only time will tell though.

I put 18000 miles on the Bridgestone Spitfire II tires that came with my Virago which had 25000 km on the clock. Can't say if they were the original tires but probably not.

I have put about 9000 miles on my E3's this year and they look almost brand new. Just a guess but I expect to get close to 30000 miles off these tires. The cost differential at Dennis Kirk is about $10 per tire. It costs me about $50 to get the tires mounted and balanced. Looks to me like I'll get more miles per dollar out of the E3's. Only time will tell though.

I put 18000 miles on the Bridgestone Spitfire II tires that came with my Virago which had 25000 km on the clock. Can't say if they were the original tires but probably not.

If you get 30K miles off those tires, then you are the king of tire life. I will stay with what works for me.