IGNORED

Biker down - need some family help in knoxville!

Bobby G

My PGR buddy Al "War Dog" Burns and his wife Tonya were in a very bad motorcycle accident in Knoxville yesterday, and are in critical condition at University Hospital. Tonya was pronounced dead at the scene. Their kids are either there or are en route, and they may need some assistance with housing, since they are all from out of town and none of them are very well off financially (recent job losses and one who just had cancer surgery). If anyone is aware of some very inexpensive housing/hotel options in that area, please PM me and I'll pass it on to them.

Please keep Al in your prayers. Here is the article I found about the accident:

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/137882/2/One-dead-one-injured-after-Monroe-Co-motorcycle-accident

Thanks.

*UPDATE*

Here is the latest from Dreamcatcher, the TN state PGR Captain:

No Boundries goes for our brothers and sisters as well.....We have been there with the family all night, have them in a hotel, and if all goes well, there will be a paypal account active by morning to assist them for anyone who is able to assist.

Al is not out of the woods yet, but our prayers are being heard! He has been upgraded to critical....knee mail is continuing from TN....

Al's family has several of our contact numbers, we don't want to intrude, but they know we are there if they need us....they are also part of our extended family...

As soon as I know how to make a contribution to this fund to assist the family, I'll pass it on for anyone who might be interested in helping. Until then, please keep the prayers for War Dog and his family coming. This is a terrible tragedy they are now dealing with, one that could happen to any of us at any time.

Thanks to my VentureRider family......

Bobby

Prayers are certainly with this family. I talked with Bobby a short time ago and offered my help. I will check with UT hospital on tuesday for a family status report and see what we can or need to do for the family members. Everyone take care, and be safe. Jim Bragwell in Knoxville TN.:223:

Thanks for calling Jim. See the update above. Looks like the immediate hotel needs are covered, but anything else you find out on site tomorrow would be helpful.

*UPDATE*

Al remains in critical condition, but the family is there with him and they are surrounded by many PGR, ALR and AmVets members (and a few VR members as well). Here's the latest info from our PGR State Capt. on how to help this family out if you'd like:

We have a donation fund set up for Al's family. They have been in need of accommodations, food and transportation.

I have to tell you I have been in contact with Annette the Tn SC since I found out about Al and his wife last night. She and her team have been working tirelessly to help Al and his family.

They have helped transport family from the airport to the hospital. Helped get and pay for hotel rooms, even got a hotel discount for the family. They've been visiting, staying with and comforting the family at the hospital. Provided gas money for Al's active duty son-in-law to go to Ft Campbell and back to the hospital. They've solicited help and funds from Tn PGR, ALR and local clubs.

Now they've set up a PayPal account to accept donations. They've been amazing.

Thank you to SC Annette Robeck, ASC Deb McKay and Randy 'Sportypig' Hall.

Donation information: Paypal:

Send payments to alburnsfund@comcast.net

For those that don't use PayPal, mail donations to the address below

Al Burns Fund

c/o Patriot Guard Riders of TN

5948 Port Yakima Ct.

Hermitage, TN 37076

Make checks payable to Patriot Guard Riders of TN. Checks will be deposited into the account.

Continue to pray for Al. He's still in bad shape and needs all the help he can get.

Thanks to all for the continued prayers for this great American rider.

- Bobby