IGNORED

Triumph T3 Rocket

gunkylump

I was at our local Timmie's this afternoon getting a coffee(I'm on midnites) and was chatting with a couple of guys, one with a Yammie Raider, the other a Harley something or other, when a Triumph T3 came rolling in. I was sitting on the curb..so I had a real good look at this monster.

Folks say our Ventures are a big bike...but sitting there looking at that monster, visualizing a full fairing, lowers and rear trunk set me to thinking that this T3 is freakin' huge. Great looking ride, jet black, lots of factory chrome....nice ride! Low center of gravity according to the owner, and comfy. Sure is a big machine, I like it, but I like my V-4 just that much better.

gunk:smile5:

My barber rides a two year old rocket. Soaked and wet he weighs around 160 lbsand he is 64 years old, too He does burnouts, donuts, and can manuever it pretty darn impressively. No doubt in my military mind that it will run rings around Ventures, 1G or 2G. At least in a 1/4 mile or top end. Talk about torque that 2300cc makes. One BA bike.

Having a love of all things that go fast, I took a ride on the Triumph T3 Rocket

last year. I found it very fast, very torquey, and very BIG! After riding a V4 for so long, the vibration was something I think it would be hard to get used to, but if I was switching from a big twin, it would definatly be an upgrade. I have attached a pic, which really doesn't give you the feel of how big this machine really is.

Earl

If I'm not mistaken they have one for sale at the local Yammie dealer. $9K; thinks it said '07. red, cool looking bike

pound for pound, the Triumph Rocket III is a good buy. New ones can be had around the $15,000 mark, of course they don't have all the accessories that come standard on a Venture. There seem to be a lot of low mileage almost new ones for sale too. I think some people find they've bit off more than they can comfortably handle with the Rocket.

I tell you folks...if they EVER finish the touring model and make it a true full blown touring bike with full fairing, stereo, cruise, etc. then I would have to look REAL closely. :)

Me too! With the torque that monster has, you could pull a mobile home or a 50' boat.:big-grin-emoticon:

Don

I wonder what type of gas milage they're getting with them?? With a 6.3 gallon tank it might not be very good... The tank is also probably why everyone get's the inpression that it's a big bike. Pound for pound it's right in the same class as the RSV's. Actually with the specs listing the weight as 'wet' it might be a bit lighter than the RSV. I remember back while sitting on top of a Honda VTX 1900, and thinking it was huge because of the size of the tank...

To be honest, I wouldn't really care what kind of gas mileage it gets. Within reason of course. I wouldn't be happy with 10 MPG but I really don't base any motorcycle purchasing decisions on gas mileage. I ride for fun and enjoyment and would be willing to take a gas mileage hit if the bike makes me happy. The only reason I pay attention to the gas mileage on my RSV is that it is a partial monitor of any possible issues with the engine. Otherwise, it is what it is.

Now I realize that some folks use their bikes for daily transportation and that some do it because it can be a more economical means of getting somewhere. For me, that's just not the case.

My buddy had a touring one it was real quick faster then another buddys GW. It was a big manly bike kinda sounded like a jet. Kinda like the sound it was different. He crashed it on the Dragon totaling it tried to ride it like his BMW K1200lt found out it doesnt lean over as far. It was kind of a cool bike for a classic looking machine. Not for the small statured folks.