IGNORED

New owner picks up bike,puts it in ditch

steamer

YEP,THATS RIGHT,THE GUY THAT BOUGHT MY SHOW ROOM CONDITION, NEVER DROPPED,SPOTLESS 07 VULCAN 900LT DROVE OUT OF MY DRIVEWAY AND STRIGHT INTO THE DITCH ACROSS THE ROAD, RIGHT INFRONT OF ME.THE FIRST THING WENT THROUGH MY MIND WAS, IT'S IN HIS NAME,IT'S HIS BIKE.THANK GOD!!!!:bang head: HE WASN'T HURT.ALL THOUGH I THINK I WANTED TO HURT HIM.:buttkick:

for it to be the same guy that almost did that with our Boulevard. I could tell he was nervous. He said he hadn't ridden in quite a while. I offered to ride it home or to a clear parking lot for him to get used to it. He refused and started the turn out of the drive and gassed it. fortunately, he missed the ditch and went in the driveway across the road The ditch is about 6feet deep on both sides of their driveway), through their yard, around the trees, under the bushes and back in front of the house before he killed it. I about died right there. Didn't know whether to laugh or try to hold him up. It's hilarious now but scary as all get out then,

Went to look at a 2000 MM and the bike had several scratches on the front fairing. When I asked the guy about them he told me a young man came and looked at the bike and when he was pulling out of the driveway to test ride it he turned it over. What really amazed me was the kid told the guy selling it he was asking too much because he had scratches on it now. The bike was not registered or insured and the owner finally had the scratches fixed I am not sure if he ever sold it.

In 2009 I was at the local Stealer and a man came in and purchased a brand new 2009 M109 Suzuki and when he left the store he jumped on it (Hard) and lost control (not sure if he every actually had control) and him and the bike went straight across the four lane street and hit a steel light pole. It threw him clear into the grass and totaled the bike it had .2 miles on the odometer. Kinda made me sick at my stomach. Was glad he was not hurt and he had a motorcycle endorsment on his DL. Just nothing in the helment. Wish I would have had my video camara running it would have been worth some money.:2cents:

In 2009 I was at the local Stealer and a man came in and purchased a brand new 2009 M109 Suzuki and when he left the store he jumped on it (Hard) and lost control (not sure if he every actually had control) and him and the bike went straight across the four lane street and hit a steel light pole. It threw him clear into the grass and totaled the bike it had .2 miles on the odometer. Kinda made me sick at my stomach. Was glad he was not hurt and he had a motorcycle endorsment on his DL. Just nothing in the helment. Wish I would have had my video camara running it would have been worth some money.:2cents:

That's why dealers a reluctant to allow test rides.

now that brings on a whole new meaning of nerve!

And that's also a GOOD reason for not letting everybody who LOOKS at your bike when you're selling it to test ride it! Money talks, bs walks. You never know the skill level of a stranger when it comes to riding, no matter WHAT they may say.....:smile5:

Buddy lent me his Suzuki (a week old) I think it was an 850 .... back in the foggy eighties .... and I had come to a notorious long light and I was revving the ship out of it listening to the roar when I hear from behind me, ....the light has changed. Don't ask me WTF I was thinking, but in mid rev I let the clutch go, up on one wheel she flies, tank in my stomach and feet dragging behind me, across the intersection in mach 2, heading for the poor guy turning left with his mouth wide open in amazement, I put it down just in time and missed him by a coat of paint!! Went back and threw my buddy the keys and said "Fast bike" .....until about 4 years later when I told him. Scared the poop outa me !!!! :smile5:

Witness the same thing the day I bought my RSV. Scroungy Old Geezer on a brand new RSTD whom refused to have the dealer deliver it to his house after openly admitting he hasn't never ridden an MC. Claiming he was going to take a riding course in a few weeks at the college, the dealer insisted in delivering the bike for him and after the new owner refuse, they even said that they would give him a crash course in riding in the parking lot being that he was so stubborn.

As I was awaiting the scoot to come out of the shop for my pre-inspection prior to signing the papers, I watch him literally climb on top of the scoot, fire it up and burn rubber through parking lot, cross the busy 2 lanes and right into the ditch in them median till he laid it over. Sorta had his own definition of a CRASH COURSE to say the least! Luckily he wasn't hit by the heavy traffic or hurt in the spill! However his wife beat the living crap out of him as they inspected and loaded the scoot on the trailer to deliver it to his home. Then the wife took possession of the keys and said, "NO MC class , NO keys"!

I see the Old Geezer now and then and amazing he is still alive and riding......oh and by the way , he has training wheels on the scoot !

BEER30

Buddy lent me his Suzuki (a week old) I think it was an 850 .... back in the foggy eighties .... and I had come to a notorious long light and I was revving the ship out of it listening to the roar when I hear from behind me, ....the light has changed. Don't ask me WTF I was thinking, but in mid rev I let the clutch go, up on one wheel she flies, tank in my stomach and feet dragging behind me, across the intersection in mach 2, heading for the poor guy turning left with his mouth wide open in amazement, I put it down just in time and missed him by a coat of paint!! Went back and threw my buddy the keys and said "Fast bike" .....until about 4 years later when I told him. Scared the poop outa me !!!! :smile5:

Sorry, laughed till I cried !! :big-grin-emoticon::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

for it to be the same guy that almost did that with our Boulevard. I could tell he was nervous. He said he hadn't ridden in quite a while. I offered to ride it home or to a clear parking lot for him to get used to it. He refused and started the turn out of the drive and gassed it. fortunately, he missed the ditch and went in the driveway across the road The ditch is about 6feet deep on both sides of their driveway), through their yard, around the trees, under the bushes and back in front of the house before he killed it. I about died right there. Didn't know whether to laugh or try to hold him up. It's hilarious now but scary as all get out then,

Nothing worse than watching your proud possession going out of control. When I was young(er) and dumb(er) I let someone (a girl) take my bike for a ride.......wait for it..............:eek:....ACROSS THE STREET AND INTO A TREE! That tree was over 100 years old and it didn't even shake! But I did! Never again!

When I bought the Venture that I know have, I was allowed to hear it run in the driveway but I was not allowed to take it for a ride. I was given a full money back warranty of 1 hour (in writing). That way if I wreck it during the test ride it is my problem.

If I ever sell it I will do the same for anyone that comes to look at it.

There are too many tire kickers out there that just want to see what it is like to ride a bigger bike.