IGNORED

Tomorrow is the big day

Freebird

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK folks...this one can now be added to the history book. Surgery lasted 2 1/2 hours. I opted to do the "local" instead of being put under so I was awake the entire time but really felt no pain. Except at the very end when I guess it was wearing off just a bit and they decided to give me one more of those shots in the eye just for good measure. Even that wasn't bad though. I could feel it but it really wasn't very painful.

So, here I sit with this HUGE bandage on my eye. Still pretty numb, when I touch my forehead, I can't feel it. No pain right now but that will probably change when the deadening finally wears off.

I have a followup appointment at 7:30 tomorrow morning when they will remove the bandage and instruct me on the eye drops and etc.

I really didn't talk to the doctor very much but he did go out and talk to Eileen when he was done. He said that he had to do a LOT of laser work but he feels that the surgery was a success. So now my eye is freshly lasered, freshly cut on and I have a brand new artificial cataract. You would think that after all of that, I SHOULD be able to see but that is not going to happen. The vision loss is because of the radiation damage to the optic nerve so restoring the vision was no the reason for this. From what I understand, I have 6 stitches in the eye and 6 plugs...whatever the heck a "plug" is.

Thanks for all the kind words and prayers. I'm sure that things will be just fine.

Well folks, I'll be out of touch for at least a few hours. I have the eye surgery at 11:30 tomorrow. I have no idea how long it is supposed to take but I'll probably be home very late tomorrow night. The worse part is that I can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight tonight. No coffee tomorrow morning.....that is NOT a good thing. :)

Anyway, I'll be back with a full report whenever I can. It may be Thursday though. Not sure how I will feel when I get home tomorrow night but I'm thinking probably not very good.

I'm sure you'll do just fine, but just in case you will be in my prayers tonight.:97:

Hey Don ,sorry I missed the beginning of this thread but glad to hear all has gone well so far. My hopes and prayer continue for you in a speed recover. Hey next time they go in tell em to put in one of those artifical Borg eyes . Or maybe one of them Steve Austin 6 Million dollar man ones. They make those now Right ? Well even if they don't good luck in the healing. How long before you can ride again?

Glad the operation went well and your off on the road to healing. Sit back and relax all you can boss and do what your Doctor told you to do

The man upstairs needs to have this time to hear all these prayers and decide just how and when he is going to answer them...:thumbsup2:

Hey Don ,sorry I missed the beginning of this thread but glad to hear all has gone well so far. My hopes and prayer continue for you in a speed recover. Hey next time they go in tell em to put in one of those artifical Borg eyes . Or maybe one of them Steve Austin 6 Million dollar man ones. They make those now Right ? Well even if they don't good luck in the healing. How long before you can ride again?

I really don't know how long before I can ride. They told me that I needed to be off work for two weeks...that sounds excessive to me but I'll play it day by day and see how I feel. I guess the drugs that they injected me with worn off about 3:00 this morning because that is when I woke up with a moderate headache. It's not TOO bad though. I took a couple of Tylenol and it seems to be starting to subside a little bit. I figure if I don't ask them how long before I can ride, I can make it my OWN decision. :) My thinking is that when I feel well enough to work again, I can also RIDE again. Only seems fair to me.