IGNORED

Hole in the gas tank, part 2 - solution A - pics

massey130

Ok, before I decided to fix my original tank, I took RandyR up on his offer to sell a gas tank to me.

only caveat is that it is a black tank.

I just set it on the frame and took some pics,

I kind of like it. opinions anyone??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

solution B is that Jus Monkeying Around member was a big factor in fixing my original tank and that I should have it painted. He offered to pick up supplies and help me do the repair.

Well at the Houston Maint Day, we did just that. We fixed the hole and another Hal is going to paint it. I will post that later as it comes along.

well, I showed Deb the pics and she agreed with the majority, NOT !

I will probably add about 60 % white to it in some complimentary blending lines.

this will be a spare tank.

and since I gave Hal my gas cap, I won't be riding anyway. Duh, didn't think that far.

SO, the original white one will go on and when I feel creative, I will swap em out - -

when Deb is out of town that is.

I appreciate the input.

the police look that Vgoose mentioned - I have some spare battery covers I could do in black and really do it up.

Looks just fine to me, looks like a HD wantabe, just wantabe a bit more. Is it faster or does it make more noise now???

as to my just previous post - no gas cap. it doesn't go anywhere or make any noise at all.

It will soon enough, though.

I have had enough of this ride a month and down for a month garbage. I should get a second bike. if i could i would.

Well, if that would be my Bike, i could see myself buying some nice white Car Wrapping Foil in a fitting Color and put a big white Stripe in the middle of the Tank with it. A thin Foil Stripe would give my a nice Touch and i'd be done with that until i can resolve the basic Issue.