IGNORED

Port Dover, Friday the 13th 2010

elag

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Brad, if you would have read the post, you would have met at Timmys at 2:00!!

We walked around for a coupld hours ended up back at the bikes shortly after one and was not walking all the way back down to Timmies.

Had enough, too many people, too hot and I was suppose to be working so we went home.

Sorry we missed you guys.

Brad

I had a great time.Met up Chabichecka and Saddlebum.We left Burlington Timmys with two buds of mine and did a nice long ride to Dover. Saddlebum did an ace clutch repair along the way. When we arrived,Ben walked with us for a bit and Abdul dissappeared into the crowd. Ask Ben about the tiolet paper.Sorry I missed you other Ventureriders. I went to the fence at Timmys and everything.:cry:Till next year. Paysaw:guitarist 2:

Went down to Port Dover on Thursday night and Just got home today around 3pm. Had a blast. Stayed at Bessie's place ( 1 Silverlake dr.), saying that because there was another 1st gen there. But I didn't see who owned it til' he was on his way out this morning. New York plates. There was also a 2nd gen there too, asked a few people but they didn't know who owned it either. Anyone here? I was at Timmies around 10am on Friday, a little early for the 2pm meet. It was just crazy downtown at that time. I had enough of the crowds and went back to Bessie's. Saw a few parked Ventures close to downtown but no one to be found. Just too crowded to find anyone. Will definitely be there again in May 2011.:happy34::happy34:

Edited by elag

Had a great time friday. Met Chabichecka and paysaw, and two of paysaw's friends one of which had a great between the ears map of the back roads and led us on a super scenic ride full of twisty's as far as Caladonia. From there we took Wayne's advice. Wayne pm'd me in the morning, which resulted in a landline conversation. During the conversation he suggested taking a route through to Selkirk, which we did rather than go through Hagersville, and then the lakeshore road past Nanticoke through to Dover. A beautiful scenic ride and no delay's ( hope to make that ride again before the summer is out ).

Once there we wondered about some (somehow lost the little brown guy but happily found him again). At 2:00 I headed of to timmie's were I Hooked up with Bob , Becky, Wayne the old guy we sometimes call Carl (just to make him feel good), Oh yeh and Abdul. Carl, Abdul and I, wondered about somemore had a beer and eventually left following the lake shore to Dunville were we had a great meal and Carl kept hitting on my, well our, waitress (who was actually madly in love with me). Saddly I had to break her poor heart and leave without her. Carl and I then rode on to Waynes (Abdul striking off on his own to head home), to make sure Wayne got Bob and Becky safely back to there place, were Carl forced me to have a glass of Waynes Irish cream which I accepted only so I could say Hi to Robin (Waynes better half).

Carl and I then left headed back to his house were I got to say Hi to Marca (Carl's Better half) sit relax and have a coffee before heading home.

Total actual riding time for me was 600 km 7 hrs and the best day I have had so far this year.

:big-grin-emoticon: :big-grin-emoticon: :big-grin-emoticon: :big-grin-emoticon: :big-grin-emoticon: :big-grin-emoticon: :big-grin-emoticon: :big-grin-emoticon: :big-grin-emoticon: :big-grin-emoticon: :big-grin-emoticon:

Edited by saddlebum

It was a pleasure meeting you Ben and Abdul.Kevin and Bob said they enjoyed your company and I will tell him you liked his part of the ride.I am sorry I did not get a chance to meet up with the other VR guys but I am sure we will meet up on a ride or social gathering soon.I got about 400kms in that day. It was a Fabulous day with a great bunch of people .Lets do it next year with more people. Paysaw:Venture:

Best day of the year for me too, motorcycling wise. was 450 kms for me total, meeting and riding with good buddies along beautiful ontario roads.

Hey Ray, getting lost in the crowd was my original plan, if you read my earlier posts.

When moving in groups, we tend to keep moving all the time, and i love to stop every now and then to admire and gloat over beautiful bikes ( and the ladies too):yikes:

you probably got to Timmies pretty late. We were all there between 2 pm to almost 3 pm.

Hey, how do we get to see the pics you took along the way?

Was good to see Bob and Becky, Wizard and his lady, Joppy and his lady, whom i met for the first time, i think.... Ben, Ray, his buddies Bob and Kevin, Carl, and i beleive there were others whose names i dont remember. Thanks all for making the 13 th friday of 2010 a memorable day for me. :thumbsup2:

Hoping to get in a few rides with you guys before the riding season of this year ends.:banana::canada:

Here are a couple from my local newspaper taken from above that I thought y'all might like.

Yep,,, that's me right there alright,,,,, look real close, 2 inches from the bottom 30 people in from the side 4 rows up toward the center, next to that girl with the pokodoted skirt. Wow!!

Neat though eh?

Yep,,, that's me right there alright,,,,, look real close, 2 inches from the bottom 30 people in from the side 4 rows up toward the center, next to that girl with the pokodoted skirt. Wow!!

Neat though eh?

I just missed you. I was only 63 people behind you and 2 rows over.

For those interested, there was a front page article in Saturday's Toronto Star about the Port Dover "Friday the 13th" rally. It talks about this event every Friday the 13th starting in 1981 with 50,000 bikes attending this year. Apparently, the Port Dover event is becoming know as "the Sturgis of the north". The next Friday the 13th comes around next May.

50 000 bikes? Did they only count the bikes parked at Tim Hortons? LOL

Problem with the way they count the bikes is, they only estimate what is downtown. Many people that come to town don't even bring their bikes downtown. Eg. The place where I stayed had over 300 dikes and they stayed on the lot for the weekend. People just walked from there to downtown because of the crowds.

Brother and I left Bowmanville around six a.m., got there around eightish and it was packed then, couldn't find a spot on the street, ended up paying for a space in a garage lot($10) about half a block from the vendors in the park. First time at Dover for both of us and it was pretty cool to be part of somethng like that. By ten you couldn't move on the main street. Packed it in and bailed but unfortunately on the way out the traffic cop stopped us just as the dude in the pink thong was coming along(shudder, still having nightmares about that one). Must have been a lineup of bikes 5 or 6 km long waiting to get into town as we were heading out. No idea how many bkes actually showed, too bad they couldn't have gotten an accurate count.

I've seen TV/Newspaper reports ranging from 50 to 150 thousand. Would have been nice to see them actually count the bikes coming into town from all directions at the point where the road is closed to cars. Also they would have to start counting on Wednesday as many come to town early and stay all weekend.