IGNORED

To Wave or Not to Wave?

AKRefugee

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wave to every one specially the little ones that are waving from the corner or the little people with there noises pushed up against the glass in the back seat of mom and dads car

I dont care what you ride ill wave with a smile just to let every one know I am having a great day and if they dont wave to me thats ok to maybe they will figure out there the ones having a crapy day and my wave may just make them feel better

yes, yes, yes. i don't do emoticons, so someone please put a couple of thumbs up and a smiley face for me.

thanks, jim

I love motorcycles, and I love riding. Like many of you what first drew me to bikes was not just the experience of riding, but the feeling that I'd become part of a special community - a brotherhood, really. Nothing calms me more than a long ride down the interstate, waving to the members of my beloved clan. Except when I pass Harley guys. I hate Harley guys. Hate, hate, hate. When they pass me on the highway, you know what I do? I don't wave. With their little tassel handlebars and the studded luggage and the half helmets, they drive me crazy.

You know who else I hate? BMW guys. Oh, do I hate those guys. I don't wave at them either. They think they're so great, sitting all upright, with their 180 degree German engines. God, I hate them. They're almost as bad as those old guys on their touring motorcycles. You know what I call those bikes? "Two wheeled couches!" Get it? Because they're so big. They drive around like they have got all day. Appreciate the scenery somewhere else, Grandpa, and while your at it, I'm not waving to you.

Ducati guys - I don't wave at them either. Why they don't spend a little more money on their bikes? "You can have it in any color as long as it is red." Aren't you cool! Like they even know what a Desmo-whatever engine is, anyway. Try finding the battery, you Italian-wannabe racers! I never, ever wave at those guys.

Suzuki guys aren't much better, which is why I never wave at them, either. They always have those stupid helmets sitting on the top of their stupid heads, and God forbid they should ever wear any safety gear. They make me so mad. Sometimes they'll speed by and look over at me and you know what I do? I don't wave I just keep going. Please, don't get me started on Kawasaki guys. Ninjas? What are you, twelve years old? Team Green, my butt. I never wave at Kawasaki guys.

I ride a Venutre, and I'll only wave at Venture guys, but even then, I'll never wave at a guy in full leathers. Never, never, never. Yeah like you're going to get your knee down on the New York Thruway. Guys in full leathers will never get a wave from me, and by the way, neither will the guys in two piece leathers. And I'll tell you who else I'm not waving at - those guys with the helmets with loud paint jobs. Four pounds of paint on a two pound helmet - like I'm going to wave back at that! I'll also never wave at someone with a mirrored visor. Or helmet stickers. Or racing gloves. Or hiking boots.

To me, motorcycling is like a family, a close knit brotherhood of people who ride Ventures, wear jeans and a leather jacket (not Vanson) with regular gloves and a solid color helmet with a clear visor, no stickers, no racing gloves and regular boots (not Timberlands). And isn't that what really makes riding so special.:soapbox: :big-grin-emoticon:

kudos for that enlightening bit of humor.you must be a journalist.made my day.i loved it.bill :clap2::clap2::2133:

That was great..

I have a special treat for our none waving Harley friends around here.. I have a genuine old school Santee Softride - California Springered - 69 Honda CB750 SOHC motored chop that draws wayyyy more attention then Harley I have ever owned.. The non-waving Harley bunch will ALWAYS wave when I am out on the chop BUT,, I just stare straight ahead and ignore them hahahahah - its a RIOT!!

Its also REAL fun when the timing is right and I wave at a kid on a moped and then ignore the Harley riders that happen to be there...

Guest KitCarson
That was great..

I have a special treat for our none waving Harley friends around here.. I have a genuine old school Santee Softride - California Springered - 69 Honda CB750 SOHC motored chop that draws wayyyy more attention then Harley I have ever owned.. The non-waving Harley bunch will ALWAYS wave when I am out on the chop BUT,, I just stare straight ahead and ignore them hahahahah - its a RIOT!!

Its also REAL fun when the timing is right and I wave at a kid on a moped and then ignore the Harley riders that happen to be there...

I am not going to wave at any Harley Riders today....no......none......I am jealous they have one and I do not:stirthepot::stirthepot: Kit

That has to be one of the funniest things I have read on here in quite a while. And anyone that couldnt tell it was meant to be funny and took offense to it needs to sit down and take their lithium, xanex or whatever they need to make themselves better, then reread the post. Because that right there was some funny stuff:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Paul

I guess you wont be riding with this family ,,there's Harleys,,,,Kawasakis. Hondas.......BMWs.... WE ALL RIDE TOGETHER AND WE WAVE TO EVERYONE

One thing about this family is that they have Respect to one another and to others who ride a Motorcycle and I see you have none

Hey Chuck....he was just being funny, he's not serious :no-no-no:

Ya, know, when I first STARTED to read that yesterday, I thought someone may have started with a bad hair day. I re-read that whole thing this morning, and I thought that piece IS hilarious. First, I bet he does wave at most people. BUT, somehow, I was able to relate each "scene" to riders around my area here. But around here, all the Ducatti guys wear the complete VANSON outfits - passengers as well. The other part that was left out were the people who wear "nothing" - shorts/flip flops/tank tops. :rotf::rotf:

Good job - really got a chuckle out of that this morning.:thumbsup2:

NOW I read the entire thing.....Man I was feeling soo bad about wearing my leathers I decided to go for a ride this morning,temp 34 degrees F I put on my leathers but thought on it and realized I wasnt cool..I ripped them off... put on my trusty tee shirt and shorts then said heck with it,I am going for it all so on with the tennis shoes,no socks,and off I go. I just got back...FROZEN..and realize it was all in fun..Thank God I didnt throw away my leathers! Tom

People with whom we only share the same transportation choice feel the need to mutually acknowledge each other like they're at a high school reunion. It used to be the only reason for an errant hand gesture was the warning of a dead skunk or worse. Like the last scene in Easy Rider when Dennis Hopper gets blown away for flipping off the redneck in the pick-up. A Wave gone wrong. But now the Wavers come from all walks. The weekend warrior who daylights as your dentist. The older couple celebrating they still have the magic. All cruising toward us with dire need for validation. Okay, we admit it. We see you. We're happy for you. Just keep your hands on the bars and look where you're going. And if you feel the urge to wave at someone save it for the next redneck in a pick-up. And let's hope for the best.

Trophy Mike

I tend to wave at everyone on two wheels and the little kids with their face against the mini van window as long as it is safe to do so (not negotiating a corner or tight curve).

What do you guys do when you approach a group of riders, 15 to 20 bikes in a line? I generally hold my hand out until the first few pass and then give it up.

DT

Sometimes while driving the car, I wave vigorously at an oncoming motorist. Ever have someone wave like that to you? You go along wondering... "now who the heck was that? Do I know him/her?"...

:sign20:

WORSE than that silvr-t, i have had very pretty young ladies , wave at me, when i have my "boss half", in the car with me. i have NO CLUE, who they are, or why they do that, but it sure can ruin an afternoon drive!!!!!

funny thing is, they are never around, when i'm by myself!!!!!!

just jt

I have had guys on riding lawnmowers wave at me... wondering WTF? I've got my Bubs ...

But I'm surprised good ole AK is still with us... I can barely catch the type of bike as they blur on by, how he is picking out all these details and still keeping the rubber side down???

PS: The Harley part is soooooooooo true though!

I love motorcycles, and I love riding. Like many of you what first drew me to bikes was not just the experience of riding, but the feeling that I'd become part of a special community - a brotherhood, really. Nothing calms me more than a long ride down the interstate, waving to the members of my beloved clan. Except when I pass Harley guys. I hate Harley guys...You know who else I hate? BMW guys...Ducati guys - I don't wave at them either...Suzuki guys aren't much better...Please, don't get me started on Kawasaki guys...but even then, I'll never wave at a guy in full leathers...Four pounds of paint on a two pound helmet - like I'm going to wave back at that! I'll also never wave at someone with a mirrored visor. Or helmet stickers. Or racing gloves. Or hiking boots. And isn't that what really makes riding so special.:soapbox: :big-grin-emoticon:

I love it. Wish I'd written it myself. W Roger

WORSE than that silvr-t, i have had very pretty young ladies , wave at me, when i have my "boss half", in the car with me. i have NO CLUE, who they are, or why they do that, but it sure can ruin an afternoon drive!!!!!

funny thing is, they are never around, when i'm by myself!!!!!!

just jt

sure ya don't... thousand's wouldn't believe ya.... but I will !

:D:D:D