IGNORED

To Wave or Not to Wave?

AKRefugee

Waving can be dangerous!!

I got my 84 blonde about a year ago and couldn't ride till spring. It was being stored at a friend's house because he had more room and a heated space for it.

Along comes the first really nice day. The forcast is for a GREAT weekend so I phone my friend and tell him I'm coming to get the scoot for the weekend. He says he'll come and get me on his Wing.

Now I'm about as high as I can get and very excited. Get the baby purring and start heading home.

I live in Caledonia Ontario. There is a river running through town and it is a small town. At this time because of a Native occupation there are what seems like 100 OPP officers in and around town at any given moment.

Anyhow I come to the road by the river and make a left. A short distance along this road which follows the river is a park and a parking lot. There is a bike with a couple on it coming out of the parking lot. They waved and I waved back with a big idiot grin on my face. It was soooo good.

Until......

I looked back a the road in front of me which had made a small bend to the left without telling me. I looked just in time to see the curb a foot from my front tire.

Hit the curb at an angle and down we went. I rolled about 40' in the grass. Actually God was looking after me because I didn't get hurt. A few minor scratches and a bruise or two is all.

My scoot was a mess.

I was just sitting up and there were a dozen people standing around and I heard sirens. Within seconds there were two cruisers and four officers hanging around as well.

By the time we had the bike standing up my phone rang. It was my wife and she wanted to know if I was alright. (small towns hmmm).

The Officers wanted to see my ID which I didn't have with me. (was in my wallet in my cage). I was able to drive the scoot home and they followed me. My friend with the wing came with his van and picked up the broken plastic. Young officer wanted to charge me but the older officer stood on him and they let me go.

I'm a LOT more careful now when I wave. BUT I STILL WAVE!!! at anyone that will wave back including and especially kids looking out the back or side window of a cage.

:322:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic