IGNORED

We are home

Freebird

Eileen and I made it home Friday evening from a whirlwind visit to Texas. We spent time with family in Tyler, Longview, Mt. Pleasant, Grand Prairie, Arlington and Granbury. Not near enough time in any one place and spent way too much time driving and not enough time with people that we were way overdue visiting.

Now, it had been almost 10 years since I was last home to Texas. During this trip, I met 4 grand kids that I had never met, I met two daughter in laws that I had never met, I met 5 nieces and nephews that I had never met. It was a bit strange, a bit sad, a bit joyous and a bit hectic but overall, was a good trip.

I'm sincerely sorry that I was unable to attend the International Rally. From all reports, Leadwolf and team did a fantastic job with it. This is the first one that I've missed and I hated doing so but I only have a limited amount of vacation and visiting family was way overdue. I can't wait so long before going home again.

I spent yesterday working on the lawn tractor and managed to put a big gash in my hand and arm first thing yesterday morning but that is fairly typical of what happens when I work on something. Got the tractor repaired though so at least it was a success.

Still have luggage in the car that I have to get out today and help Eileen get everything unpacked. Then I have to get my work car organized and hit the road again tomorrow. I feel like I need a vacation to get over my vacation but don't have any remaining time right now.

I thank all of you for your understanding and sorry if I've neglected anything here during my time away.

Hey Boss glad you all made it back and had a safe trip. We never feel neglected. :Laugh: Now you really should fly down next time and then you'll have more time to visit. The family can come up to you as well. Heck if we all can so can they.

Anyway glad you're back if not still in one piece. I don't know what we're gonna do with you. Guess we could wrap you up in bubble wrap?

Margaret

Welcome back Don. Sounds like you had an enjoyable trip, despite the extended travel times.

I always hate when I get back from vacation and feel more tired than I did before I left... Strange how that works out.

Anyways, glad to have you back. :happy34:

If we could swap out - I'd be happy to give you a couple weeks of my retirement, (w/o pay of course) - you know what ?? I'll just give you a month, you can have February 2011, there ought to be enough snow on thew ground that I surely won't want to go anywhere -

how's that ??

betcha feel better now huh ? :crackup:

btw - I got my puter glitch fixed - it was within, just had to find it

Edited by Hummingbird
added text

Didnt even know you were gone, the place was so well behaved, no wild parties...........oh, by the way did you find a pair of USA boxer shorts around your hot tub............I lost them someplace last week and yours was the last place I visited.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Now I know why I didn't see you as I went by Oberlin yesterday. Of course I didn't see you today as I again went by Oberlin. Might also have something to do with being on the turnpike both days. From outside Detroit to Franklin, PA and back to visit the daughter and grand kids.

Glad to hear you made it home safe.

Even though I wasn't able to attend (stupid job) and didn't win the trailer, I'd like to offer my personal thanks for all your efforts in the International Rally.

"Stupid Job" = same reason not at MD.

Jim

I would LOVE to take the 6 weeks but dang if I would go anywhere. I would just ham out here and rest for a while...

well...except for maybe the rally at the Hub...and maybe Ashville....and.....

heck...never mind. :)

REST?? You don't know much about that Retirement thing do you??:whistling::Avatars_Gee_George:

It seems you did a good job of leaving us alone,,,, guess some thought that we would tell on them if they got out of line, (and thanks for your direct phone number, glad I didn't have to use it),,,, some one did threaten once, but that's all water under the bridge now,,, right Mini?

And you're right about leaving things in Kevin and Sue's hands as far as the Rally is concerned, it came off without a hitch, we all had time to meet each other, ride a bit, eat more food than what was necessary, drink a little wobbly pop, and even catch a wink or two, but the best part was getting to mingle in real life with those who we only meet on this site,,,, I'm sure a lot of friendships were started, made and strengthened,,,,, all thanks to you and those who were with you when this idea was born.

Hey Don, the wife and I were in Granbury from Sunday till Wednesday of last week Visting my Daughter and Grandkids. Small world.

Eileen and I made it home Friday evening from a whirlwind visit to Texas. We spent time with family in Tyler, Longview, Mt. Pleasant, Grand Prairie, Arlington and Granbury. Not near enough time in any one place and spent way too much time driving and not enough time with people that we were way overdue visiting.

Now, it had been almost 10 years since I was last home to Texas. During this trip, I met 4 grand kids that I had never met, I met two daughter in laws that I had never met, I met 5 nieces and nephews that I had never met. It was a bit strange, a bit sad, a bit joyous and a bit hectic but overall, was a good trip.

I'm sincerely sorry that I was unable to attend the International Rally. From all reports, Leadwolf and team did a fantastic job with it. This is the first one that I've missed and I hated doing so but I only have a limited amount of vacation and visiting family was way overdue. I can't wait so long before going home again.

I spent yesterday working on the lawn tractor and managed to put a big gash in my hand and arm first thing yesterday morning but that is fairly typical of what happens when I work on something. Got the tractor repaired though so at least it was a success.

Still have luggage in the car that I have to get out today and help Eileen get everything unpacked. Then I have to get my work car organized and hit the road again tomorrow. I feel like I need a vacation to get over my vacation but don't have any remaining time right now.

I thank all of you for your understanding and sorry if I've neglected anything here during my time away.

Yea...if I find them...I'll have to use a stick to pick them up and throw them in the trash. :whistling:

The trash. Oh. No. That pairs his cleanest pair

He got cought in a little rain a while back

Best just mail em back:whistling:

Glad to hear you had some quality time for your family Don. Life goes by fast enough as it is without keeping in contact.

As for the International rally it went well and was in good hands. Also don't feel too bad about not making it as I was in the same boat 2 years ago for the Canada rally. My family decicided that same week was a good time for a family reunion. Needless to say you can't be two places at once. Next years rally will be even sweeter when you go.

Larry