IGNORED

perfectly legal, but__----_

hipshot

it sure is aggravating, to look up a members ,personal profile, and learn next to nothing about them!

i guess it's about personal preference, but hell,WE AIN'T THE F.B.I.!

just jt

Maybe not but I've been harrassed by someone who found information about me on a discussion board I once visited. After that I started limiting my info I released. Personal preference and it should not bother you.

it sure is aggravating, to look up a members ,personal profile, and learn next to nothing about them!

i guess it's about personal preference, but hell,WE AIN'T THE F.B.I.!

just jt

Guess some of us were born in different times. Kind of like the new Buckey Covington song they play on the radio. Gotta laugh at that one. The things he sings about he never did, being young as he is. It's a whole new world out there. I'm beginning to believe that it's not for the better either. Then someone like Beer30 goes and does something good for total strangers. Makes you wonder?:thumbsup2::D

I posted all my info, I'm so lonely I even have to run a Meet & Greet just to get folks to come over, you'd think I'd cut them up or something. Anyways I've had no adverse effects from the info I've posted and I hope it stays that way, but it is nice to know more about people, but that will be as it may.

If I give out too much information a whole herd of first gens might show up and ruin my reputation.:rotf::rotf::rotf:

mike, it might do your image some good, for us "good guys", to show up at your house.

seriously , though.

i am not one who suffers from "paranoia"! or from having a job that requires a "top secret " clearance.

lol

just jt

I'm a little leary of putting a lot of personal information out there in this information age. How many members do we have here vs. how many we ever hear anything out of? Why are the rest of them here? Did they just join up to get people's phone numbers and addresses? Registration is free here, which is as it should be. What that also means is that whatever information we put out there is free for the taking. I'm just not nuts about putting a lot out there.

hey , lynn, i get what you are saying.

after all, who would consider harassing a "busted up old cowhand", like me?

on the other hand, i have been on the 'school yard" at warington, va., i have been in "the bowl", at Albuquerque, new mexico,been in EVERY building at cape Canaveral, including the launch pad,(and under it).

been to a lot of places, that a "top secret" clearance ,won't get you into.

secrecy, and privacy, are two different things.

i fail to see, how being vague, relates to being safe.

just jt

with all the access on computers, if you have a phone number, you have all that persons name, address whatever. if you have a persons name, same thing.

i was contacted one time by someone who got all my info from my car licence plate. she asked if i wanted to go out for a drink, i said sure if i can bring my wife.

cheers, Scott

Members should be required (at minimum) to list the "city" they actually live in so other VR members would know if that member lives close to ...or in...the same town as they do..

I send emails out to those VR members who have agreed to let me include them on my email list of breakfast Meet & eats..and I send out the breakfast notice letting them know where and when the breakfast meet & eat is..

If I was able to look up an Alabama VR member and see the "CITY" they actually live in and if it is close to the city we are having the breakfast M&E in... then I can send them an "invitation" to our breakfast, so that they feel welcome and to have that opportunity to meet up with some other VR members.

It's a waste of my time to send out an invitation to someone who might live in Mobile to come to Huntsville for breakfast..

Example:

Name: Eck Nace

City: Al.

State: Al

duh......:think:

Guest KitCarson
Guess some of us were born in different times. Kind of like the new Buckey Covington song they play on the radio. Gotta laugh at that one. The things he sings about he never did, being young as he is. It's a whole new world out there. I'm beginning to believe that it's not for the better either. Then someone like Beer30 goes and does something good for total strangers. Makes you wonder?:thumbsup2::D
There is no such thing as a stranger on a motorcycle.......they are all pretty good people, at least I never meet a bad person or stranger......but then I am not bashful either:sign20:. Hey want to know something about me, I am full of it sometimes, onery sometimes......totally dumb other times........just ask.....I will tell you something even if it is wrong.:big-grin-emoticon: Kit

The wife and I enjoy both our privacy and a somewhat lively social life.

We'd rather meet people live and in person rather than what the internet is stating they are.

If there is a meet and greet and eat and ride that we'd be interested in, we'd chime in and show our interest; and hopefully meet others live and in person.

We are still both working but living in our second retirement community, making us toward the front of the boomers bus, but not front row.

Right now we have neither a Venture, or RSTD, or any Yamaha for that matter so we prefer to stay low profile at this particular site until we feel we actually belong. Right now the wife and my similarities to members here are that we're both avid bikers, we both own and ride motorcycles, we're both nice people, we're independent and not members of any bike clubs, often ride on weekends with four or five others, and hopefully someday we'll meet members here. Possibly we'll even own Yamaha's someday. We're about 80 miles from either coast of Florida, and that's the way we like it.

We are still both working but living in our second retirement community, making us toward the front of the boomers bus, but not front row.

Right now we have neither a Venture, or RSTD, or any Yamaha for that matter so we prefer to stay low profile at this particular site until we feel we actually belong. Right now the wife and my similarities to members here are that we're both avid bikers, we both own and ride motorcycles, we're both nice people, we're independent and not members of any bike clubs, often ride on weekends with four or five others, and hopefully someday we'll meet members here. Possibly we'll even own Yamaha's someday. We're about 80 miles from either coast of Florida, and that's the way we like it.

Actually we aren't that snobby here. We like you no matter what you ride. We got members on all sorts of bikes. So please don't feel as though you don't belong here, you signed up and that makes you family.

Margaret

For me, I have been able to figure out the general area of the California members - i.e. North versus So. Cal., but sometimes I have been wrong. I agree with Eck identifying what part of a state someone might live in regarding getting e-mails out for meet and eat's - etc. I think that would be the only piece of info I would be interested in - wouldn't even (for me) really need to be a city- just general area.

i was contacted one time by someone who got all my info from my car licence plate. she asked if i wanted to go out for a drink, i said sure if i can bring my wife.

cheers, Scott

Do you think it had anything to do with the car ? :sign20:

BRad

Guest KitCarson
Well, I WAS going to put more information in, but then I saw all those #$% lawyer jokes and comments......:rippedhand:
Hey these guys are harmless.....love to have fun......you have to watch out for those tigers though:rotf::rotf::sign20: