IGNORED

Houston Area Maintenance Day 21Aug2010

Owen

Are you planning to attend the Houston/SE Tx MD?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Are you planning to attend the Houston/SE Tx MD?

• I'll be there for sure!
    • I really want to attend, I'll confirm later.
    • Texas... August... Are you nuts? I'm a wimp and staying home...

I'm assuming this means breakfast [or at least some serious coffee] before heading down to Owen's place?? Where is this in regards to the 249/2920 intersection?? I used to live in the area but that was so long ago I don't want to think about it! So darn much has changed that I'm not sure where anything is these days.

The meeting place has changed, but the time is still the same 8am. We are meeting at the Luby's at 249/2920 per Ponch. There is more room here than @ IHOP and seeing were having quite a few that are showing up it will be easier. Here is the link to it with the address.

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=30.09108&lon=-95.632747&zoom=15&q1=28750%20Tomball%20Parkway%20Tomball%20TX

Edited by Squidley

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, looks like I am going to make it to maint day.

I will drive my little truck since I don't have quality time to make gas tank repairs.

I will stay with Squid and make to the new Luby spot for Brake-fast.

I will be an assistant to those I can help.

I will bring my lift adapter and some assorted tools.

hi folks

i'am going to have to bow out of this one. i will be closeing on my new digs this friday. was suppose to close yesterday (tuesday). my oldest daughter and family will be driving down to help start moving. also some of you houston bunch know my friend diana murphy also going to spend her saturday helping upack the stuff. so i figure i better go ahead and move in. it's not often that i get to have my two daughters ( erica & sarah ) together at the same time. owen sorry to miss your md but i'll have a open house before to long.

best reguards

don c.

Good for you Don! A new start! Just put stuff anywhere, Brad and I will be by to re-arrange it for you, no problem! And Kreg has that big hammer to help hang the pictures! :whistling:

Ok, looks like I am going to make it to maint day.

I will drive my little truck since I don't have quality time to make gas tank repairs.

I will stay with Squid and make to the new Luby spot for Brake-fast.

I will be an assistant to those I can help.

I will bring my lift adapter and some assorted tools.

That's great Dale! Glad you will make it! :happy65:

thanks guys i was looking forward to making the mx day if i had closed on tuesday. the fixen to be ex and sarah moved out monday to their new digs in conroe. the contractor is suppose to start on my storage shed thursday, doin't think i'll get the garage here moved until next weekend. also i have a LG ( brand ) front loader gas dryer w/stand if any one needs one.( FREE TO ANYONE just come and get it & yes it works ex didn't want it ) i bought it about 3 years ago, my new place is all electric.

reguards

don c.

I thought we were meeting at IHOP? Spring Cypress @ SH249 at 08:00 ??

Dave

The new breakfast meet is Luby's 249@2920 in Tomball, TX.

THIS IS IN TOMBALL NOT AT SPRING CYPRESS. Just so everyone notices its not the Lubys @ 249 @ Spring Cypress. Hate to have someone show up at wrong one.

I was going to make the breakfast and now it seems I can't as I have to go to pick out some stone etc for the house remodel we have coming up. :sign13:I have to meet the contractor at 9am and stop by one place that is on the way to Owens and then finally to Owens. I will bring some chips/etc on the way. I will call Owen when I am close to see if I need to pick anything else up for us. I am still going to bring my Dremel in case Kreg needs it. I'm not having anything done but I may add some front pads if we have everyone else taken care of. I have a friend/coworker with a 600 that wants to drop by named Axel so, I am sending him the address I am in no hurry to complete the few items I want done.

Gunboat gonna miss ya. Hope everything goes OK I guess I can get the bluebell now.

Ponch,Dale, Squidley, Owen see you as soon as I can get there,you all be careful!

I don't know if anyone here saw my thread, but i have a hole in my gas tank. it was previous damage fixed by previous owner that rusted through and I found it tonight (tues 8-17). I don't have proper time to fix and make it there safely.

So, with that, I won't be making the day. what a pain. we have had a streak lately of junk coming our way, so say a prayer for better times for us.

I am working with a couple members on a tank replacement and painting of said tank, so we will see how that goes. I didn't want to, but I am gonna replace this tank as I don't know what else may be under the paint. I will find out when my replacement tank is on.

Auto Zone or O'Riley auto parts carries a Gas tank repair kit with 2 part epoxy and fiberglass works awesome and can be painted. I used them on my metal gas tanks for my lawn mowers for my company follow the directions and done in about 2 hours they never leaked again.

:2cents::2cents:

Don, sorry you will miss all the mayhem, but so glad for you at the same time... getting your girls together and having all that fun packing.... let me know if you need me to bring my trailer over Sunday, we can get it knocked out..

Kreg

thanks guys i was looking forward to making the mx day if i had closed on tuesday. the fixen to be ex and sarah moved out monday to their new digs in conroe. the contractor is suppose to start on my storage shed thursday, doin't think i'll get the garage here moved until next weekend. also i have a LG ( brand ) front loader gas dryer w/stand if any one needs one.( FREE TO ANYONE just come and get it & yes it works ex didn't want it ) i bought it about 3 years ago, my new place is all electric.

reguards

don c.

More food!! One of those cheesy things being the banana split version I hope!

Looks like I'll be caging it tomorrow. The Wee Beastie has a tummy ache and I'm not going to try riding it until I get it worked out. [will explain tomorrow] I'm also planning on doing some shopping in Houston after the gathering so the car is the better option.

BTW if any of the group have a chance, please check out a RSV online currently in the hands of Cowboy HD in Austin. Even I can tell the bike is not stock but I'm curious to see/hear what all has apparently been done to it and what the collective thinks might be a good price for it. Asking price is $11K. They've got it listed on eBay and [thanks to me] actually remembered to post that it is still under warranty.

Yep....and I have Saturday off, and have the stuff to make a couple of cheesecakes!:cool10:

If I can get Skyking to hurry up and get his 2nd gen on the trailer than We'll be ready for Leaving time of 4 am , me thinks it gonna be a short nite !

ps , i hope somebody knows how to work this tire machine . I got a lot of wheel weights , Ponch are you bringing your balancer ?

If I can get Skyking to hurry up and get his 2nd gen on the trailer than We'll be ready for Leaving time of 4 am , me thinks it gonna be a short nite !

ps , i hope somebody knows how to work this tire machine . I got a lot of wheel weights , Ponch are you bringing your balancer ?

Ya`ll better get that beast loaded and come on with your bad selves!!! I will have my balancer, I`m all loaded and ready to go!! Ya`ll be carefull and we`ll see ya in the AM

Kreg

Thom... with all the practice you've had trailering a bike... I would'a thought it would be no big deal!!!

:witch_brew: