IGNORED

Houston Area Maintenance Day 21Aug2010

Owen

Are you planning to attend the Houston/SE Tx MD?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Are you planning to attend the Houston/SE Tx MD?

• I'll be there for sure!
    • I really want to attend, I'll confirm later.
    • Texas... August... Are you nuts? I'm a wimp and staying home...

What: Houston area, SE texas Maintenance Day

When: August 21, 2010 - 0700 until ??

Where: My humble abode in NW Houston. (Address published later)

Why: The date selected is only 2 weeks before the Pork-In-The-Pines ho-down in Minnesota. I for one will be making the 1400 mile trek up to meet and visit with our northern friends and want to make sure my bike is prepped. Anyone else planning to attend that event can use this MD to get ready. The more eyes on your bike, the better.

Food: Main course - brisket prepared by one of the finest BBQ chefs in the area.

Accommodations: There are several hotels/motels very close by and I will post more info on them later. Sorry, I have no camping room available. Perhaps one of the local members will offer up something.

I have plenty of tools for use however I do not have a tire changer. I'm sure there will be tires to change so maybe someone will lug one along.

This run for the northern boarder will also be the first leg of an extended, 2 week, solo trip for me. From Minnesota I will head to the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia and then down the Tail of the Dragon on my way back to Houston. I should be on the road for about 2 weeks and cover a bit over 4000 miles.

So that's pretty much the plan at this point. I know it will be a fine Texas day with heat and humidity as usual. There will be plenty of iced beverages, shade and maybe even some ice cream to help keep you cool. And yes, the house AC will be on for your pleasure!

Ya'll come on by...

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a trip to Michigan scheduled for Mid July. I have a trip to Utah scheduled for Labor Day. I'll need something done between, for sure. Even if not, tearing up someone else's bike is too much fun to pass by.

I just got a bead breaker and some tire irons. We can change tires if need be. We'll need a better compressor than mine though.

Dave

Owen,

Sounds like a plan. I have an available room if someone needs it. Just have them PM me. Let us know what to bring and we'll get'r done. Sounds like your trip will be a good ride. I don't ahve any work to do on my bike at this time but will help others if they need it or I can come help BBQ if you need assistance.

Anyone need clutch upgrade or brakes etc done let us know and we can assist. Order your parts.

James :hurts:

I have a trip to Michigan scheduled for Mid July. I have a trip to Utah scheduled for Labor Day. I'll need something done between, for sure. Even if not, tearing up someone else's bike is too much fun to pass by.

I just got a bead breaker and some tire irons. We can change tires if need be. We'll need a better compressor than mine though.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I have a good compressor in my garage. Guess I should fire it up since I haven't used it this year yet...

Owen,

Sounds like a plan. I have an available room if someone needs it. Just have them PM me. Let us know what to bring and we'll get'r done. Sounds like your trip will be a good ride. I don't ahve any work to do on my bike at this time but will help others if they need it or I can come help BBQ if you need assistance.

Anyone need clutch upgrade or brakes etc done let us know and we can assist. Order your parts.

James :hurts:

Thanks James, I will have the grill going for what ever is brought in... and thanks for the room offer! :happy34:

tearing up someone else's bike is too much fun to pass by.

Dave

Thats the spirit! I knew we could convert you over

:banana:

We'll be there Owen, depending on who comes from where the house in Conroe is available for overnight accomodations :thumbsup2:

We'll be there Owen, depending on who comes from where the house in Conroe is available for overnight accomodations :thumbsup2:

Thanks Brad, I'm sure one of the outa-town-boys will take you up on that.:happy34:

Will miss this one Owen..Deb And I are heading to West Coast on the 22nd and then up the west coast to Canada,tour abit then try and swing down to PIP and see our Northern Brothers..Will be the maiden Voyage on the New Wing so cant miss it!!

Will miss this one Owen..Deb And I are heading to West Coast on the 22nd and then up the west coast to Canada,tour abit then try and swing down to PIP and see our Northern Brothers..Will be the maiden Voyage on the New Wing so cant miss it!!

You guys travel safely. Hope to see you at PIP! :biker:

Owen I'll make sure you have enough pygmies to keep you company on yer trip.....course the one's I'm dumping on you are sexual deviants so you may get lousy mileage.....:hihi:

Boomer....who sez 1 large runt and 12 little runts onna RSV should be a traffic stopper.:rotfl:

Sounds like a blast in the making. I'm planning on being there but it depends on work as usual.

BTW ??"Cupcake 'aka Squidley'" ?? Ok what have I missed out on now????:confused07:

What: Houston area, SE texas Maintenance Day

When: August 21, 2010 - 0700 until ??

Food: Main course - brisket prepared by one of the finest BBQ chefs in the area.

I have plenty of tools for use however I do not have a tire changer. I'm sure there will be tires to change so maybe someone will lug one along.

So that's pretty much the plan at this point. I know it will be a fine Texas day with heat and humidity as usual. There will be plenty of iced beverages, shade and maybe even some ice cream to help keep you cool. And yes, the house AC will be on for your pleasure!

Ya'll come on by...

hi brenda

i could explain but it would take me too long. but give cupcake a call and let him explaine. there are some pictures from don's md that help tell the tail.

don c.

Sounds like a blast in the making. I'm planning on being there but it depends on work as usual.

BTW ??"Cupcake 'aka Squidley'" ?? Ok what have I missed out on now????:confused07:

I definitely would like to attend the MD on August 21st.

I have never been to one, so I don't know what to bring. I think my clutch will need to be looked at as well as maybe having my carbs synced. Do I need to preorder anything?

I"m soo confused.:confused: