IGNORED

Houston Area Maintenance Day 21Aug2010

Owen

Are you planning to attend the Houston/SE Tx MD?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Are you planning to attend the Houston/SE Tx MD?

• I'll be there for sure!
    • I really want to attend, I'll confirm later.
    • Texas... August... Are you nuts? I'm a wimp and staying home...

Owen , do you have a soldering iron ? i want to convert my antt. over to a fire stik and figger there will be some twoway radio people around and hopefolley , maybe ? get the SWR set ? i,ll stop by a truck stop to get the parts i need .

its gonna be a LOOONNNG 6 days !

Thom

Ps . we'll bring a adapter stand and a carb tune , need any thing else ? have lots of room because Mike aka SkyKing's is being trailered because of his fan is out . :whistling:

Yep, I got lots of electrical soldering stuff. Don't have an SWR meter though... :duck:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owen, I have my lift that I can bring, also have one of Squids and his adaptor, that I can bring if he doesn`t mind ( ?? ) I am going to drag the trailer behind the bike so can bring what ever you may need, just let me know.

K

Kreg, I'll get your t-square back to you, since you are bringing the trailer.

Dave

Edited by Dave77459
General dumba$$edness.

Yep, I got lots of electrical soldering stuff. Don't have an SWR meter though... :duck:

Owen, I will bring my SWR meter along, Can't wait, counting down till next Sat. I will be having Ponch's guages installed and riser's put on Mollie's Vstar. Also trying to recruit several other Venture owners that I ride with in the Brazoria County Cavalry to tag along.

Owen, I will bring my SWR meter along, Can't wait, counting down till next Sat. I will be having Ponch's guages installed and riser's put on Mollie's Vstar. Also trying to recruit several other Venture owners that I ride with in the Brazoria County Cavalry to tag along.

Thanks for bringing the SWR meter , its ok if I am out of tune but not my cb ant.

Thom

Thom, Thom, Thom.......you know you should not leave your self open like that.... but I`m not gonna say it...this is the new improved Mr Doodle.....haha

New and improved ya Rite O by the way Marsha likes your name !

She calls you DOODLE BUG :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I think thats just sweet :rotfl:

well, after riding 2.5 hrs to go 30miles in a major Toad Floater, it is time to cut down my wind sheild... can`t see through it and can`t see over it..thought I was about to die a few times, but made it home.. Any way, who is the expert at cutting these down? ( Owen ) and what do I need to bring Sat. to get it done???

Soggy Doodle

( ya, I know, ya`ll have fun with that )

well, after riding 2.5 hrs to go 30miles in a major Toad Floater, it is time to cut down my wind sheild... can`t see through it and can`t see over it..thought I was about to die a few times, but made it home.. Any way, who is the expert at cutting these down? ( Owen ) and what do I need to bring Sat. to get it done???

Soggy Doodle

I feel your pain... Same thing happened to me heading to Kenny's MD. Got you covered with the tools and all. I also have a spare windshield just in case you can't cut a straight arc!! :bang head:

I will definitely be there. looking forward to it. I might not need anything done. The bike seems to be running great, but it will be nice to have others look at it and also meet some of the guys and learn a few things.

I will be on the bike so it will hard to bring food and stuff. Can I contribute money instead?:big-grin-emoticon:

Thanks for the invite, but I won't be able to leave the house that early. I have to take care of my dogs. Won't be able to leave the house until around 10am. and will only be able to stay a couple of hours, but I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

See you there!

Hey Ponch,

Save a seat for Jamie and me. :)

Dave

No pasties!

Thanks for the invite, but I won't be able to leave the house that early. I have to take care of my dogs. Won't be able to leave the house until around 10am. and will only be able to stay a couple of hours, but I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

See you there!

Come when you can. You'll enjoy it. There are those who work, those who learn and those who visit and eat only. All have a great time! :cool10:

Soggy Doodle

Kreg,

I have the poster board we can use and I also have the newest dremmel we can use along with the needed jigsaw. I have the bits from grinding down the edge too to make it smooth again. I was planning on doing mine too. I'll bring along all these and we'll se what we can get done. Bring markers and tape.

Ponch.

I'll meet at the IHOP at 8 am save me a seat.

Geeeesssssshhhh.......make me feel like an offren.....I`m tellen the Boss!!!

We`ll be there,

Elder,

Me, LilBit, Squidley, Sweetnothin, Jus Monkeyin Around and anyone else who wants will meet at the IHOP, Spring Cypress @ SH249 at 08:00. Maybe we'll see ya there. :banana:

Ponch

I don't know if anyone here saw my thread, but i have a hole in my gas tank. it was previous damage fixed by previous owner that rusted through and I found it tonight (tues 8-17). I don't have proper time to fix and make it there safely.

So, with that, I won't be making the day. what a pain. we have had a streak lately of junk coming our way, so say a prayer for better times for us.

I am working with a couple members on a tank replacement and painting of said tank, so we will see how that goes. I didn't want to, but I am gonna replace this tank as I don't know what else may be under the paint. I will find out when my replacement tank is on.

hi folks

i'am going to have to bow out of this one. i will be closeing on my new digs this friday. was suppose to close yesterday (tuesday). my oldest daughter and family will be driving down to help start moving. also some of you houston bunch know my friend diana murphy also going to spend her saturday helping upack the stuff. so i figure i better go ahead and move in. it's not often that i get to have my two daughters ( erica & sarah ) together at the same time. owen sorry to miss your md but i'll have a open house before to long.

best reguards

don c.

hi folks

i'am going to have to bow out of this one. i will be closeing on my new digs this friday. was suppose to close yesterday (tuesday). my oldest daughter and family will be driving down to help start moving. also some of you houston bunch know my friend diana murphy also going to spend her saturday helping upack the stuff. so i figure i better go ahead and move in. it's not often that i get to have my two daughters ( erica & sarah ) together at the same time. owen sorry to miss your md but i'll have a open house before to long.

best reguards

don c.

That's an awesome reason to miss MX Day! Congrats! Just know that you will be missed.

And lied about. ;-)

Dave

I'm assuming this means breakfast [or at least some serious coffee] before heading down to Owen's place?? Where is this in regards to the 249/2920 intersection?? I used to live in the area but that was so long ago I don't want to think about it! So darn much has changed that I'm not sure where anything is these days.

Elder,

Me, LilBit, Squidley, Sweetnothin, Jus Monkeyin Around and anyone else who wants will meet at the IHOP, Spring Cypress @ SH249 at 08:00. Maybe we'll see ya there. :banana:

Ponch