IGNORED

Can You Say 1900CC Venture V-Twin????

Long Tall

No, no, no, no, NO! RAISE the seat by 1 1/2 inches, not lower it!!!!! I ain't buying no bike designed for some midget!

Goose

:sign yeah that:

The current Venture is the only bike that I feel comfortable on. Well, I think the Victory Vision is pretty long and comfortable as well but it looks like crap! :hihi:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the economy has hurt all the bike manufacturers. the new max engine is the new venture engine. the new wing was supposed to be hitting the streets soon. no word on the new wing or the venture yet. i think they are waiting for the economy to take a turn. the strat is a nice bike but the motor is archaic like a harley. it's a cruiser and always will be. no watercooling, push rods, no counterbalancers to curb the vibes. there is no way it is as smooth as a wing or a venture motor. i have a nomad and a v-star 1300 with counterbalancers. they are quite smooth but they ain't no wing or venture. they are cruisers. hang in there. if this economy ever turns around. (very doubtful), you'll get the new venture. it may be more than you want in price and new styling. it's nice to dream and speculate but this is big business and the real world. :stirthepot: :2133:

I agree, Yamaha invested way to much money designing the V-4 in the V-Max for it to be used in a very limited bike. I'm thinking a 1800CC version for a new Venture.:fingers-crossed-emo

I agree it makes sense to try to use the VMAX engine in other bikes, BUT...the Vmax as it rolls off the assembly line now is pretty close to $20K, but so does the 2010 Venture.

Take the new VMax...go add fairings, bags, trunk, radio, navigation systems, CB radio, build a frame to haul it all... add far amount of chrome and you will probably come in close to $30K.

I think Yamaha has realized this and knows that since they Venture does not sell many bikes now...you price it out that high...they will sell even less. I would love to have that beast of an engine in touring bike that looked like a real motorcycle, not a space ship, not so sure I could get a second mortgage on the house to buy it.

Also not so sure I could convince the wife that we need to spend that much on something you could get wet driving to work.

I hope they can find a way to do it and not break the bank in these economic times.

I said it once I'll say it again and again. Vmax engine, updated electronics, side open trunk, quick release bags, lower seat 1 1/2in, :Cool_cool36:perfect bike.

They're putting out 197 horsepower too. :thumbsup2:

Now only if I could get one into my MKI.

This is GREAT news, as I have my RSV and it's value should be going up as no new models will be available!!!!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

IF Yamaha makes a Vtwin Venture, I will NOT buy one. I prefer the smoothness of a four or more cylinder motorcycle.

IF Honda were to bring back the Valkyrie Interstate, with the current 1800cc engine, I would seriously consider buying one!!!!!!

Amen!!

OK...So I'm in Roanoke, VA for the Dealers Big Bike Intro Bash...My Bud who rides a TD was asking about some Chrome Parts....He was told that they were not available...He and I both went to the parts counter and asked them to get the 2009 book out and we started looking up parts....Breather Cover..."dis-continued"...Carb Covers...No again...Saddlebag Lid Trim Rails...(The ones that go on top)....Back ordered...What was of interest is that in the 2010 Catalog some of these parts were pictured on the bike, but show has un-available...

Conversation with owner went like this....No Tour Deluxe for 2010....Parts being dis-continued for the Venture...Yamaha took a big $$$ hit last year like most MC manufacturers....His quote"...Doesn't look good for the Venture going forward George!"

Just my input....I see a Touring Version of the Stratoliner for 2011.....

Long Tall in Virginia

As far as I'm concerned, they are welcome to make a full dress Strat for those who prefer V-twins. Just don't call it a Venture, because it's not. As others have pointed out, Yamaha has invested a lot in developing a new 1800 V-4, so at some point, depending on the economy, I have to believe there will be other bikes using this motor. It's clearly a perfect choice to go into a new Venture. So it may take a couple of years, (look at how long it was betwen first and second gen Ventures) but I think it will happen eventually.

On the other hand, if Yamaha does build a V-twin Venture, then I'll look elsewhere for my next touring bike. That might be the push I need to switch to sport touring and look at the Concours 14, VFR 1200 or something from BMW.

Hmmmmm, My 06 has 14,900 miles on it, engine can go 250,000 or better, has plenty of chrome on her. I'm 54 and probably won't need another bike. I can always trike this one in 10-15 years. So, I'm not too worried........

Kevin, your just not riding nearly enough!

Dennis

Hmmmmm, My 06 has 14,900 miles on it, engine can go 250,000 or better, has plenty of chrome on her. I'm 54 and probably won't need another bike. I can always trike this one in 10-15 years. So, I'm not too worried........

I was thinking the same thing! :scratchchin:

Kevin, your just not riding nearly enough!

Dennis

I was thinking the same thing! :scratchchin:

You're both right. My bike only had 4600 miles on it when I bought it in August of 08. I put 4000 more on her before winter. Last year I had work issues and didn't get out as much as I wanted. But, this year we're going a LOT more, 2 days after we get back from Dennis' Kentucky ride we leave for 9 days with Moose, looking like New England area, Maintenance Day after that. I'll put almost as many miles on in June as I did all last year. So, we'll make up for it.

Yeah, i figured it out right after submitting my post. I was thinking of side bags because I still see some bikes with those. Side opening trunk would be okay. I never leave a passenger on the bike when I'm not on, but it is good for getting around rear seat cargo or a helmet laid there.

Current trunk is a pain in the a$$ when traveling and my tour pack is strapped on the back seat. Of course there's always the helmet issue.

saw a couple of stratoliner (and/or roadliner) at the dealer the other day, running from 16 to 19 depending what's on it. the 19K was a new '08!!

19 for an 08! I saw the 09 Strat Tourer at the local dealer for $11,440. White and Silver two tone. They had an additional $4400 off of the sale price. We couldn't believe the price.

My good friend bought a 09 Raider. I was looking at it and then someone walked up and said "I bought it"! OK..as I backed away. :)

hh

Edited by hoghead

I have it on excellent authority inside Yamaha that they will NEVER move to a V-twin for the Venture. Look for a very nicely juiced up 2011 model with lots of improvements to the current 2nd Gen. (Their guys read this forum every day, so they know what their loyal customers are saying!) Target price will be under $20K.

Stay tuned! :innocent-emoticon:

I have it on excellent authority inside Yamaha that they will NEVER move to a V-twin for the Venture. Look for a very nicely juiced up 2011 model with lots of improvements to the current 2nd Gen. (Their guys read this forum every day, so they know what their loyal customers are saying!) Target price will be under $20K.

Great. Another "I want" scenario. :doh:

hh

Guest Swifty
The Ventures replacement is already here, the Stratoliner Deluxe. Drive one you may like it.

I did; I didn't.

Typical beanpole airhead mentality. Just because it may be a bit short for you doesn't mean they have to make it too tall for me! :no-no-no:

No, no, no, no, NO! RAISE the seat by 1 1/2 inches, not lower it!!!!! I ain't buying no bike designed for some midget!

Goose

My good authority says its not gonna look like a 2nd Gen but a new Hi Tech Big Comfortable Sport Tourer non cruiser :scared: why in the world would Yamaha put a high tech/hi performance motor (Vmax1800) on a bike that has an underperforming chassis/ old school style frame? It would be a huge waste of power/performance on something that cant utilize it. It doesnt make sense to me. What would be the point? I'm sorry, I just dont think that is going to happen from a marketing standpoint. A Vmax motor on a high tech sport tourer something that can handle the power and carve corners but still be comfortable that would make sense. Maybe look like a Victory Vision, maybe, but I would think more Goldwing like. Yes stay tuned.

Edited by CrazyHorse

Can You Say 1900CC Venture V-Twin???? In a word.....NO !

Originally Posted by Bobby G viewpost.gif

I won't say that I don't believe you, but I am having much difficulty, which is to say I am way skeptical! My plan has been to see if they came through and put out something that we've been asking for, which if they did I was going to sell what I had and buy new. Partly because of that, I passed on buying the single most gorgeous Venture I have ever laid eyes on, this week...[still not 100% sure I shouldn't have gone ahead and got it anyway]...(and partly ...admittedly, it was going to be a trick to pull it all together at one time...BUT, I really was wanting to hold out to see what Yamaha was going to do) Based on the many discussions here, I had a vision of what I thought the next gen. Venture would be and if it was anywhere close, well, I wanted one!

I have to be honest, I'm getting tired of waiting on them. If they drop the ball this time, I'm probably going to have to find something else. Or find the guy that bought the Venture I saw and steal it from him!!!

(2001 2 tone green 16k miles...$8000) shoulda done it....