IGNORED

RSV lift frame adapters - improved model

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you add loops for attaching ratcheting tie down straps? I would think that the preferred location would be on the legs, as I assume that if you are using the model without legs people attach the straps to the jack.

Or could you weld some round rod to the tops of the cross tubes? this would allow me to pass a tie down strap thru the tubes without them getting cut by the ends of the tubes...

Also, are the legs splayed out left and right? The photos show that they are splayed forward and aft. I am looking for stability.

The lift adapter with legs is very stable as is. You don't need to strap down the bike or anything. I suppose if you were pulling the engine you might want to, but I doubt it would be needed. I pulled off the rear wheel (which involves removing the side bags and chrome rails) which unbalanced the bike quite a bit. The stand remained very stable. Best money spent on a tool for the Gen 2 RSV.

BTW, I use the Sears jack (heavy duty aluminum one) with mine. You will not be disappointed in the adapter.

RR

• 4 months later...

I've bought Larry's lift adapter with the free standing legs, and it has been the best investment I've ever made since owning a RSMV. So easy to attach and makes it safer to work underneath the bike using the free standing legs attachments. Good work Larry.:clap2:

What are you working on next to make it easier for us shadetree mechanic's while working on our bikes?:thumbsup:

:canada::7_6_3[1]::canada:

• 3 years later...
Good day

I have a 2009 Royal star touring deluxe and am in dire need of a lift adaptor will yours work for this year bike. If so I would like to purchace right away please.

Pleae contact me for details

Randy 204-803-2103

randy.nikkel@perimeter.ca

Yes they will fit your bike. Here's a link to my ads -- http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showcat.php?cat=500&ppuser=161

Larry

• 1 year later...

Hi Larry:

Need to know the shipping cost to Canada, postal code A0M 1C0. I seen one on ebay but the shipping cost is more than the stand itself. I also like the leg option which was not available on ebay. The season is apon us, well here in Canada anyways.. Thanks

Shawn

Hi Larry:

Need to know the shipping cost to Canada, postal code A0M 1C0. I seen one on ebay but the shipping cost is more than the stand itself. I also like the leg option which was not available on ebay. The season is apon us, well here in Canada anyways.. Thanks

Shawn

PM sent Shawn.

Larry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi I am very interested in your lift. I will get one from you. I am only 20 min to the Ambassador Bridge so it makes me a neighbor. I will PM u with a date in June when I can come over and pick it up. Hope this is ok with you. It will be after the 15th. Is a week day or weekend better for you.

Thanks 5 Buck Kanuck (Roger):fingers-crossed-emo

Hi I am very interested in your lift. I will get one from you. I am only 20 min to the Ambassador Bridge so it makes me a neighbor. I will PM u with a date in June when I can come over and pick it up. Hope this is ok with you. It will be after the 15th. Is a week day or weekend better for you.

Thanks 5 Buck Kanuck (Roger):fingers-crossed-emo

That'll work. Just give me a heads up when you're wanting to get it done. Days or weekends should be OK too.

Larry