IGNORED

RSV lift frame adapters - improved model

Larry, Great job! Did I see where you had a dimensional drawing on this at one time? The reason I ask is because I would like one, but I want to have legs on it as you mentioned.

That was Bill04's drawing where he added bolt on legs to his model of my adapter.

Here's a link to the topic which also shows his drawing -- http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=555&highlight=Bill04

If I didn't weld on a stud for a leg to slip onto I would probably use his method of bolting a set of legs on. My idea would be to have the stud welded in place, lift the bike high enough, slip the legs over the studs, then lower the bike. Height of the tires off the ground to be decided yet.

Guess I better get back to the drawing board here.

Larry

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I've added a free standing model to choose from now due to several requests by various members here. To find out more info on this either go over to the classified section where I have my ad or go back to page 1 of this post.

For those of you have already bought a lift adapter from me and would like to upgrade to the free standing model send me a e-mail and we'll work out something.

Thanks to everyone

Larry

• 2 months later...
Great idea...is there one of these out there for a 1st gen?

Not that I know of SilvrT. I really need to borrow someones 1st gen to see what I'd have to do to make a decent adapter for them. I looked at DenDens once and several others at meets but other than doing an eyeball look at them don't really know what needs to be done there.

One of the problems is the centerstand being in the way. Looks to me like you'd have to take it off if using it. That's less than a 5 min job thou or there may be a way to work around that.

Volunteers / Guinea pigs here anyone?

Larry

Guest steveg

larry,

i'll be needing an adapter sometime this summer for doing tire changes.

i'll let you know when i'm ready and i'll come up for a local pick-up.

steve

larry,

i'll be needing an adapter sometime this summer for doing tire changes.

i'll let you know when i'm ready and i'll come up for a local pick-up.

steve

Sure thing Steve or I'll bring one along if I'm heading your way. I might be going to Big Petes place in Feburary and could bring one then as I'll be in the cage I'm sure. I'll be in contact later to find out which model you want.

Larry

Not that I know of SilvrT. I really need to borrow someones 1st gen to see what I'd have to do to make a decent adapter for them. I looked at DenDens once and several others at meets but other than doing an eyeball look at them don't really know what needs to be done there.

One of the problems is the centerstand being in the way. Looks to me like you'd have to take it off if using it. That's less than a 5 min job thou or there may be a way to work around that.

Volunteers / Guinea pigs here anyone?

Larry

I'll be doing some work on mine soon so maybe I'll see what I can fabricate up. If I come up with something, I'll pass along some drawings, etc and maybe you can produce/distribute or modify to your own ideas.

Hi there everyone. I've added a couple of options for my Freestanding lift adapters. For those of you who have dirt, gravel, or blacktop driveways I'm offering 3" square pads to the legs if you want them. Or even if you would prefer the leg bottoms be covered.

Also for those of you who have already ordered one of my Freestanding units I have as an accessory a slip on foot with 3" square pad.

Check back on my 1st post here for further details or go to the VR Classified section of the 2nd gen parts & accessories.

Thanks to everyone who's ordered an adapter regardless of style.

Larry

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Larry, I got my jack adapter and I love it no more laying on the ground to clean my rear white wall, It is very sturdy and the quality is second to none. Its going to be nice doing oil changes and maint. on the bike and with the free standing unit it makes it easy to clean the undercarrage.

thank you for going the extra mile for your fellow bikers, its nice knowing that the $17000.00 bike isn`t sitting on 2x4s

Leon

Hi there everyone. I've added a couple of options for my Freestanding lift adapters. For those of you who have dirt, gravel, or blacktop driveways I'm offering 3" square pads to the legs if you want them. Or even if you would prefer the leg bottoms be covered.

Also for those of you who have already ordered one of my Freestanding units I have as an accessory a slip on foot with 3" square pad.

Check back on my 1st post here for further details or go to the VR Classified section of the 2nd gen parts & accessories.

Thanks to everyone who's ordered an adapter regardless of style.

Larry

Hey Larry, Glad you expanded on my idea of the foot addons for us poor folks with no concrete to put the bike on. I still plan on getting your new design and with the foot addons you now offer. I know everyone that has purchased them from you are very happy with them. Keep up the good work! I think you have created the ultimate stand for us now! Now you can move on to another great idea because I don't think you can improve on this one!

Dog

Hey Larry, Glad you expanded on my idea of the foot addons for us poor folks with no concrete to put the bike on. I still plan on getting your new design and with the foot addons you now offer. I know everyone that has purchased them from you are very happy with them. Keep up the good work! I think you have created the ultimate stand for us now! Now you can move on to another great idea because I don't think you can improve on this one!

Dog

How about putting caster wheels under the legs in order to roll the bike and stand to where you want it witout the jack? With the foot pad in place you could easyly attach some swivel caster wheels.

Not my idea but was suggested by Dale Weber. I can see where that idea would have it's merits too. In fact I already checked at one place for 4" swivel wheels. Cast steel with rubber thread would cost about $6 each. The ones I looked at were rated for 275 lbs. each so a set of four would easly handle the bikes weight. They also had 5" wheels rated at 350 lbs each but I thought those might be a bit too tall.

As I've said before you guys get any ideas to improve on these adapters or have a special request just tell me and we'll go from there.

Larry

How about putting caster wheels under the legs in order to roll the bike and stand to where you want it witout the jack? With the foot pad in place you could easyly attach some swivel caster wheels.

Not my idea but was suggested by Dale Weber. I can see where that idea would have it's merits too. In fact I already checked at one place for 4" swivel wheels. Cast steel with rubber thread would cost about $6 each. The ones I looked at were rated for 275 lbs. each so a set of four would easly handle the bikes weight. They also had 5" wheels rated at 350 lbs each but I thought those might be a bit too tall.

As I've said before you guys get any ideas to improve on these adapters or have a special request just tell me and we'll go from there.

Larry

I'm not sure on the wheel idea. Possibly too much side strain on the legs, while moving the lift & bike. Not every surface where it can be used, would be completely smooth or clean for that matter.

:2cents:

Larry

See I tell you that you have perfected the stand by adding the foot adapters and darn if you don't come up with a new idea! Being able to roll the bike on a concrete floor garage would have it's advantages! Perhaps you can offer them welded to the feet as an option. I couldn't use them now but, would be nice if they were available as an option later.:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Dog

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Got another update addded to page #1 of this post plus in the classified ads.

What it is about is for those of you who have a Larin jack for lifting the bike. Those jacks have shorter lift arm pads than others do, so they're about 1/2" shorter than the adapters width in fact. Thus it's much harder to get that jack centered as it should be. And then there's the possiblity of the bike slipping off.

So what I've done is come up with a modification that'll allow you to still use the Larin jack and center the lift arms each & every time.

Bottom line is if you have a Larin jack and want to buy one of my adapters I'll add the modification to the adapter at no extra cost for you. I need to know this when you order an adapter thou.

Thanks in advance, Larry

Carbon One, great idea I just bought a larkin jack and was trying to figure out what to do. How do I go about ordering one?:cool10:

Go to the classified section for all the info. Here's a link for ya --

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=69&cat=7

Current prices are in this thread -- http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=6196

Or just e-mail me for the details at lskeels@wowway

Larry

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to share my experience with Carbon One and his adapter for those who may be wavering on whether to get one or not.

BUY IT! DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200 (Monopoly reference).

I had considered making my own, but finally decided to get one from Larry. Ordered in on Monday evening. Larry shipped on Tuesday. Got it on Wednesday (only one state away). After taking it out of the box, I was immediately glad that I didn't make my own. Excellent design, workmanship, and customer service.

Thanks, Larry!! :thumbsup::clap2:

• 1 month later...

My winter / spring pricing special will end on April 29th.

After that day I'm still offering the standard model at a $5 savings over what I charged when first offering the adapter on the market thou.

As for the freestanding unit it is back to the original price but will include welded on foot pads for the removable legs.

The shorter lift armed jacks such as Larin's will still have the added safety bar added at no extra costs as before too.

Check post #1 or better yet go to the Classified section for all of the details. (2nd gen parts section)

Thanks to everyone who have bought one of my units to date.

Larry

• 5 months later...

Can you add loops for attaching ratcheting tie down straps? I would think that the preferred location would be on the legs, as I assume that if you are using the model without legs people attach the straps to the jack.

Or could you weld some round rod to the tops of the cross tubes? this would allow me to pass a tie down strap thru the tubes without them getting cut by the ends of the tubes...

Also, are the legs splayed out left and right? The photos show that they are splayed forward and aft. I am looking for stability.

I don't know if it is a Larin but can you return it???

HERE is what looks like the same jack, but with a diffrent paint job but at a MUCH lower price.

I have the harbor Freight lift, and have no complaints.

I's a couple of years old so the answer to return is no.

well sense your only an hour or so from me i'll just come bt when i need to lift the bike and work on it there :cool10:. Just kidding. We were talking about you at the VA> Meat and Eats the other week. Riderduke was saying you were closer to MD the he was.We will have to meet up 1 day for the next one. Thanks for the input.