IGNORED

Our open house is May 8th!

Sweetnothing

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I am just now getting to the computer! It was a really nice to see everyone, new friends and old. I'd like to single out Kenny for his whiz-bang carb sync'n. I only thought Roxie was running great before! BoomerCPO was a hoot, but holy-sheet that HID light of his was bright!

And too, it was great to see Brad and Lonna settling in so well. Thanks for giving us a reason to get together. :happy65:

Dave

For those who missed it, we need a detailed cheescake report....

sounds like everyone had fun...

:thumbsup2:

Sorry, if you missed it, words can't adequately describe the cheesecake. To say it was fantastic would be close to the understatement of the year.

Dave

It was in all aspects a great weekend!!! Bravo Zulu to Brad and Lonna for opening their new home to us....and of course their priceless friendship!

Made it home safe full of Lonna's great cooking and cheescake. It was just great to meet BradT and his wife who came over 1600 miles for this get together as well as Red Rider and all the other new folks I met there as well.

Squid installed the new HID system on my scoot and slapped in a new Aux Fuse Block as well; Kbran did a bang up job with a fresh carb synch as well. I also managed to get all the electrical connections under the front cowling cleaned and packed with die-electric grease.

All in all we worked on scoots,piled up the BS and laughter big time and just plain enjoyed being together....Ya can't ask for better time spent I tell ya!!

To all the new folks I met I can honestly say I am grateful for the good time we had....this family just keeps getting bigger for me and I surely treasure each and every one of you.

Boomer.....who sez God Bless Texas and the topless woman in Liberty....Oh Lordy gal you made my Friday!!!!!!

ps: The scoot started just fine this morning.....Owen you will live a bit longer now cuz I know it wasn't you who diddled with her. :^)

For those who missed it, we need a detailed cheescake report....

sounds like everyone had fun...

I can verify that all the cheesecake has been consumed with gusto......

God bless ya Lonna!!!

Boomer....who sez the roll through Liberty Texas came real close to getting his mind off of cheesecake on Friday.

Yes, thanks Brad and Lonna for opening your home to us and being such great hosts. We were VentureRider Virgins, so it was nice to meet many of the great (crazy) friendly people I have been communicating with and learning from on this site.

And of course.. all the food was great including the cheesecakes..

And thanks Kenny for the carb-tune and Gunboat for the air-shock check.

Keith & Cindy

The Globewalkers

Guest Swifty

Boomer.....who sez God Bless Texas and the topless woman in Liberty....Oh Lordy gal you made my Friday!!!!!!

come on Boomer...you know what the rules are...no posts without pictures!!!

come on Boomer...you know what the rules are...no posts without pictures!!!

HA! I can assure you that taking pictures was the very LAST thing on my mind when I laid eyes on that gal.....

Boomer.....who sez he's gonna need a bigger engine in the Venture to catch them Texas gals.....YO SQUID YOU HEAR DAT????

Boomer.....who sez he's gonna need a bigger engine in the Venture to catch them Texas gals.....YO SQUID YOU HEAR DAT????

Boomer, you just need to get rid of that anchor and get a 1st gen! You won't have a problem ketchin' those ladies then!

Dano-- who sez Boomer's just now lernin' how to live life again..............:big-grin-emoticon: the RIGHT way!!

Brad and Lonna,

Thank you for the wonderful southern hospitality. It was a real pleasure meeting some of the southern clan.

I hated having to eat cheesecake and take off, but it was better than just taking off. Really wish I could have stayed longer and met the additional folks that came in later and ate more of the wonderful food that was there. The bananna split cheesecake was outstanding.

Got home this morning at 9:20. 1250 miles in exactly 21 hours. The bride was happy I got home in time for the Mother's Day cook out, but I certainly wasn't any help until a significant nap was had. Great end to an incredible week.

Look forward to seeing you both (and all the others) soon.

RR

Photos looked really good wish I could have made it but work was in the way and by looking at the photos Brad & Lonna could have their own maintenance day be Texas style Maybe we could have two the North & South Maintenance days...:think:

OK I stirred the pot enough already:stirthepot:

Brad Lonna Hope to see you both real soon......God Bless:innocent:

hi all

it's almost 01:00 am here, and its been a long weekend. was able to pull off a great surprise for lonna and brad's open house. brad t & naughty t flew in friday night and stayed with me to complety surprise those two on saturday morning. brad t called me several weeks ago to set this up. holly molly a surprise it was. ronda t was able to sneek up on the squid without him seeing her. i heard the holler 50 foot away when the squid figured out who was giving him a bear hug from behind. now it was lonna's turn, ronda t & brad t went inside the house. i was not able to see what took place inside the house. but all of a sudden sweetnothing came a round the garage. i swear i saw tears in that little redhead eyes. then she gave me a hug & kiss saying i'am a little ****. it has been a great weekend. great to see old friends and meet new ones. i'am honored to be in this venturerider family. thanks to all to who showed up. see ya'll of the road some where.

best reguards

don c.

Edited by gunboat

hi folks

well the north of the border package ( brad & ronda t ) has been delivered to the airport. they should be back in the frozen north by lunch texas time. it was great to be able to host them, & be their personal driver. as most of ya'll know brad & ronda t are close friends to brad & lonna. it was one heck of a suprise open house ( present ) for brad & lonna.

i was able to spend some quality time to get to know them better my self. hope fully one day i'll be able to ride back up to canada and spend more time. visiting with my other friends from the frozen north. sarah and i will try to make it to the boss's mx day, but this time i will drive the scoot.

best reguards

don c. :D

What a Weekend!!

I can't tell you how happy Lonna and I are and were from this weekend. I appreciate all of you that were able to make it and show up for the shindig. For me it started Friday @ 3pm when I pulled into the driveway to Boomer, Kenny, Beth and Jeff and lasted till about 9:30 last night when we said our goodbyes to Brad and Rhonda.

I knew my face was gonna hurt for all the smiling and laughing that I knew was going to come with this. Mother nature played very nice with us as we got a break from the heat and it stayed just cloudy enough to keep the sun from totally cooking us. With the 3 nieces and nephews we had 35 people in attendance, and I couldn't have asked for a better time. As y'all know Brad and Rhonda snuck right past the border and down here to Texas. Much too short a time for our liking, but we'll take time with our Northern friends anyway we can get it. Lonna and I both had tears in our eyes when Rhonda made her sneak attack on me 1st then Lonna in the house, can't describe the joy we both felt.

Majority of the food got ate, all but 2 pieces of cheesecake are left and lots of memories that I will have with me for a long, long time. Thank you again to all that showed and bore gifts. I dont get melancholy often but I will say that you folks are our best friends. I appreciate all of you taking time out of your busy lives and coming over to share our house with us. Brad and Rhonda...you know you are our best friends and we both love you more than you can imagine. Thank you for the excellent surprise of showing up, you have made our year so far.

We'll do it again, have another get together and have lots more "Stories" to tell. Gunboat, once again we are in your debt for pulling this off, we love you brother

:)

I'll work on getting some pics up soon, Thank you all again for making this an awsome weekend

Edited by Squidley

I want to Thank everyone for coming out and having a GREAT TIME with us! Thanks for all the gifts, and well wishes from everyone. But the BEST part was the shock we got when Brad and Rhonda showed up! WOW!!! Yea....they got us with that one! It is always great to get together with everyone, and this was no exception! And Jeff...when ever you want to make a 1400 mile jaunt...the door is always open !

I have a couple of special Thank You's.....Don, You are the best!! and you know ALL of the reasons why, and I won't go any farther!

Beth...Thank You for ALL your help!! We do work well in the kitchen together.....again!

Brad and Rhonda....Your plane left an hour ago....and I already miss you again!! It was awesome, and now I gotta go and get some work done!

Thanks again to everyone who came out and played for the day!

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

....right along with BradT and dat crazy woman he has fer a wife.LOL

Keith what do you mean crazy woman, Bradt's wife, Iam Naugh-T keep that up and your going to get an ass whoppin, :buttkick: on second thought forget that , now that I met you, you would probably like it . Had a great time, thank you Gunboat for everything, it was great meeting all the people, the look on Brad and Lonnas faces was priceless, once again ate way to much :D but I did bring home quite the:sun1: burn and it looks silly so hopefully we do not have any real warm weather because I need to keep my pants on for a little bit. Monkey man did the little woman ever call you back or did you go back for the hostess?

Naugh-T