IGNORED

Mileage on tires and brand

E-Fishin-C

I have always loved my avon tires on the 1st Gen and Love them with this 2nd Gen I have enough tread for my trip to Don's Maintenance Day I was planning to get my tires done there

You members with the 2nd Gens have a variety of tires .What the max mileage you got from your front and rear tires and what make are they

I know that when I had the avons on the rear average wa 12,000 miles on the rear A little past the wear bars

I have always loved my avon tires on the 1st Gen and Love them with this 2nd Gen I have enough tread for my trip to Don's Maintenance Day I was planning to get my tires done there

You members with the 2nd Gens have a variety of tires .What the max mileage you got from your front and rear tires and what make are they

I know that when I had the avons on the rear average wa 12,000 miles on the rear A little past the wear bars

I managed 16,000 miles (25,000 km) from a set of Dunlop E3's. Nice handling tires. I think some people have reported even more mileage from these - depends on roads, temperatures, inflation and riding style. I would recommend them.

Ross

12k+ on my Avons

I like the way they handle and could most likely get more but so far, I seem to always change them at 12.

The front I am pretty sure could go quite a few more but if I change one, I will change the other.

By the way, I am religious about checking the air pressure min once a week (more if the temp changes by a big margin)

• 1 year later...

I put a set of Metzlers on mine, after going through 2 sets of Bridgestones (low milage tires).

I have over 21,000 mis. and looking to get a few more 1000 out of them. Little more pricey, but well worth it. As well as being a great handling tire (In my opinion).

But just like butt holes, we all have one, as well as opinions!

My OEM D404s went 13,000 miles and they were at the wear bars. Next were E3s. they went 19,000 and were just a hair from the wear bars. I am now at 37,000 total miles (15,000 on Es) and doing quite well. most of the riding has been solo.

Initial set of ME880's went 18K both front and rear, second set on now with about 13K and still lots of good tread and nowhere near the wear bars. Love em on the RSV.

On the Softail, we go with the E3's and got about 14K on the rear (which I just replaced) and have 16K on the front and getting ready to replace.

Got about 16K on my E3's and I still have plenty of tread on BOTH front and rear tires. Just ordered another set of E3's for my other Venture from Jake Wilson. Their has been a price increase on the E3's but Jake Wilson still had them for the old price.

Ever since Dunlop changed the way they make tires, its been pretty disapointing and I haven't been a happy camper since. When they made the D404 150-90B, it was a good mileage tire, but when they started making the 150-90 without the (B), I went from getting 24,000 mi. to about 8,000 mi. I did manage to order a another tire, but when they sent it to me, I guess it was on the back shelf, it turned out to be the old stile again, and I got a little over 20k with that one. Since they don't have any more of the old good tires, I went with an Elite-II that I guess they had on the back shelf, so we'll see what happens with what I've been told, that this tire gets good mileage.:confused24:

Ever since Dunlop changed the way they make tires, its been pretty disapointing and I haven't been a happy camper since. When they made the D404 150-90B, it was a good mileage tire, but when they started making the 150-90 without the (B), I went from getting 24,000 mi. to about 8,000 mi. I did manage to order a another tire, but when they sent it to me, I guess it was on the back shelf, it turned out to be the old stile again, and I got a little over 20k with that one. Since they don't have any more of the old good tires, I went with an Elite-II that I guess they had on the back shelf, so we'll see what happens with what I've been told, that this tire gets good mileage.:confused24:

They now make the Dunlap 461 E II again. I just put one on the back and ordered one for the front

Just over 9000 miles on a Michelin Commander rear, Still Has 4/32 left. Prior owner replaced the OEM Bridgestone rear at 10K with the Commander. I always run the max in the rear 41 PSI and ride a mix of one and two up. Front Bridgestone had 16K on it when I replaced it with the E3. Commander Rear and E3 front seems to work well. I don't think you can get Commanders anymore though unless you happen to find some left over inventory. I could not find or get a matching Commander front when I got the E3 last year.

Interrupted the E3 front and Running the 18" stratoliner S wheel with a 130 70R 18 Bridgestone Radial front at the moment. No ill effects to report so far on this. No idea how the wear will be either.

RSTDdog