brain test

wild hair 39

way watching,tv last nite,question was ask

what was the first thing that you remembered,as a child,two things for me

1.my brother going off to wwII [1944]

2.running into a barbed wire gate

other things,not sure weather,i was told about or not

lowell

Man, Lowell you sure got me to dusting out the cobwebs between the ears. I can't put my finger on just one or two things. I have a bunch of memories of things back when I was only about 3 y.o. Trouble is I can't remember which came first, and I'm not sure if they are actually memories or family pics I've seen over the years?? Geesh... Gotta go get another cup of coffee.... :)

The light at the end of the tunnel.

:rotfl:

My first memory is when we lived at Great Bear Lake in the North West Territories. I was running from my Dad over some very rocky Canadian Shield type terrain and got my foot stuck in a crack...he caught me and I giggled like only a kid can! Another good memory from that time is riding in the front of his 16' fishing skiff pounding over the waves.

Memories that I can distinctly recall Is going to the "out house" and fighting the wasps who had taken up residence there. Mostly they (the wasps) didn't care what you did in there as long as you were quiet about it.

You younguns may not know what an out house is.

I think we got modern and up-town when I was around 4-5 years old.

Still remember pumping all our water with a hand pump. Even had to pump enough for the calves we had pined up in the feed lot for one reason or another. THAT was a lot of pumping!

Remember drawing water at my grandparents house using a rope and bucket.

Took some advance planning to take a bath in those days. #3 wash tub, heat the water on the stove and share the water with the elder family (oldest to the youngest).

And yes, I grew up just fine!!!!

... I was in the back yard when Mom told me we were at war with Japan. Didn't know what it meant at the time, but I knew it was serious from her tone.

I have great childhood memories, and am, at 71, the only one who celebrates them. That's just how life is.

JackZ