IGNORED

got here home

nyjerry

Jerry,

Nice looking GW, and HD and a very nice looking corral to keep them in..

If you have any questions on the GW, feel free to ask. Not saying I know everything about them but I may be able to help you to save a lot of bucks and show you how to do things on it yourself. I have been working on mine and have learned several things about the GW's.

Just send me an email or you can call me.

My phone number is in my profile..

Thanks guys and yes Craig it is pearl white, The H-d is also pearl white and silver. I can only take credit for the gold wing. The h-d belongs to a friend and they are parked in his truck cap accessory shop. Besides his is heated and my garage has to many bikes and junk in it. I'll bring it home when I sell my venture or my daughter gets her vw bug out. Weather up here looks bad for a while. There talking about three more snow storms for this week alone. Thanks again guys and gal's Jerry

Nice bike.. You'll love the Goldwing if this is your first 1800. I put 65,000 miles on one and it always performed well. They run through the corners like sport bike and with some mods, they are great long distance bikes. I rode mine 700 and 800 miles in a day many times..

Enjoy

David

Eck can show you how not to do some things too................:stickpoke:

Jerry,

If you have any questions on the GW, feel free to ask. Not saying I know everything about them but I may be able to help you to save a lot of bucks and show you how to do things on it yourself. I have been working on mine and have learned several things about the GW's.

Jerry,

Jerry,

As stated above I may be able to help a little myself. A couple of things I might mention is you may want to update the steering head bearings to All Balls bearings. (From roller to tappered) A great improvement in my opinion. If you decide to do the update or just need to check the steering head torque, I have the factory tool and i would be glad to let you borrow it. I have done several of the All Balls updates and it's not that big a job. Progressive fork springs are also a nice and simple update for the 1800.

Let me know if I can help as well. My number is also in my profile.

David

wngrr and eck thanks for the offer and I may get in touch with you guys seeing this is my first wing. I see a lot of people talk about the steering head bearing upgrade. I did it on my venture and it made big difference. One of the first up grades will be the CB radio and a luggage rack. Jerry

You're welcome Jerry.. I forgot to mention that I have a set of mainenance videos that were created by a guy on the Goldwing Board. I would be glad to let you or anyone else make copies for your use if you would like... I'll have to hunt them down but I'm sure I can find them. Just let me know. Make sure and add the star washers under the feet of the luggage rack. Helps spread out the load if you plan on putting much weight on it and will keep it from cracking.

PS... The two hardest mods were drilling the holes in my brand new motorcycle for the luggage rack and cutting the hole in my brand new seat for the backrest. Not a big deal now but very stressful then.. LOL

David

You're welcome Jerry.. I forgot to mention that I have a set of mainenance videos that were created by a guy on the Goldwing Board. I would be glad to let you or anyone else make copies for your use if you would like... I'll have to hunt them down but I'm sure I can find them. Just let me know. Make sure and add the star washers under the feet of the luggage rack. Helps spread out the load if you plan on putting much weight on it and will keep it from cracking.

PS... The two hardest mods were drilling the holes in my brand new motorcycle for the luggage rack and cutting the hole in my brand new seat for the backrest. Not a big deal now but very stressful then.. LOL

David

Will agree with this. A guy that works with me nearly cried when he drilled the holes for the luggage rack:bawling:, and walked around the shop for two days thinking about it :bang head:before cutting the seat for the backrest. He almost backed out, thinking he might mess up. Loves it now, but man it was like walking on eggshells with him for a while.:rotf::rotf:

First lesson learned. went to put a light in the trunk and had to drill some holes in the top inside cover. Thought it would look good dead center. Now what could be mounted up there, nothing right. Was I wrong ( wires and a nice electrical box for the backrest heater. If it wasn't for a friend telling me to take the cover apart first, I would have drilled that unit right dead center in that box. $$$$$$ lesson's learned check first

Jerry