IGNORED

So, Who all is into RC?

Flyinfool

I noticed the giant scale red and white airplane hovering just off the ground in the pics along the top of the home page. I didn't catch whose it was.

I was wandering how many people here are into flying model aircraft, and of what type?

I do a lot of Radio control helicopters, I have all of the sizes from micro to gassers, and dabble in everything else.

I have one Giant Stinger, one turbine powered jet, and a multitude of airplanes from micro electrics to gassers and everything in between.

Who else has found this other money pit for a hobby?

Guest human4m

I LOVE RC... I have a Hobby Zone Super Cub (EP) and so far, I seem to have the hang of it. (After destroying 2 SkyFly planes, by turning them into lawn darts.)

I really want to break into the Nitro Planes, but I'm not into the building aspect. Fixing them, sure, but I don't want to spend hours building it, knowing that eventually I'll have to REbuild it. (Or trash it.)

We have a nice 4 acre plot that I get to fly around, and I think I'll take the plunge and buy a MkII Trainer next week.

Yep , ME TOO!

I have given up Heli's a while back. did that for 15 years.

I am sticking with my large scale RC Planes.

Still in the stable is a

- One 120 size GeeBee with a OS 120 II F/S Engine

- Two 40 size Goldberg Cubs with OS 70 F/S Engine (one for float flying)

- One 30 size Cub with OS 30 F/S engine

- One 40 size Kougar with ringed OS 45 size engine (does about 90 mph)

I am keeping my stable with those amounts of planes from now on.

the 30 size i can pack up in my bike trailer and still go for a bike ride at

the same time :D

And of course my couple of Futaba Radios. and all digital servos.

I plane in going forward with more model projects after all the bike winter

projects are almost done.

I also had a hobby zone cub , but just gave it to the my daughters boy friend down the street for a xmas present.. he seems to love planes and maybe we can fly together one day. I never will give this hobby up.

Patrick, I would highly recommend the Tower Hobbies flight Simulator.

You can brake your plane as much as you want. nitro to me is a lot easier then electrics to fly. not sure why though. I think maybe there to light for me? dunno.

I have been into this hobby for around 30 years now and I still use the

sim to keep me on my toe's during the winter. I also was at one time hating to build planes, now I enjoy it. it also gives you some idea on how the plane is made. and you can tweak stuff yourself. But I still from time to time pick up ARF planes.

MkII Trainer will be perfect for you :happy65:

Jeff

Edited by Cougar

Oh yeah, me too. Drove several hundred dollars into the ground.

Stuck one in the lake/swamp when I was down here in Florida last year.

The swamp birds looked at the plane come in as to say "bummer landing dude".

Electrics don't like the salt water.....

BOO

Never went to RC but play around with a old line steer Japanese Zero with the kids. Its a riot to watch'em start to stumble after a few minutes of round and round.:crackup: We all so give the wind gods many, many rockets from time to time. :think: I don't wanna grow up so I don't have to.:D

When my two boys were young we raced onraod electric 1/10th scale. We went all over Michigan and Ohio. I continued to race until about 2 years ago. It just got way too expensive. It got to be more about winning than fun. Plus with tires at $40 a set, battery packs at $120 entry fees, gas to and from the tracks, motor of the week........I just had to stop. I have a new hobby now.....a 2007 RSV!!

When my two boys were young we raced onraod electric 1/10th scale. We went all over Michigan and Ohio. I continued to race until about 2 years ago. It just got way too expensive. It got to be more about winning than fun. Plus with tires at $40 a set, battery packs at $120 entry fees, gas to and from the tracks, motor of the week........I just had to stop. I have a new hobby now.....a 2007 RSV!!

Funny how that happens. :thumbsup2::D

I did race RC cars for a while, 1/10 off road and 1/12 and 1/18 scale carpet cars.

Here are some pics of a few of my toys.

Winter is no reason to stop flying.

I'll fly as long as the temp is above -10F.

I even put skis on my jet and the helies fly better the colder it gets.

R/C Rules! The one of mine that gets the most use is a modified E-MAXX. It started out as a T-MAXX but I converted it over. I put a wireless camera on it so I could sit in the house in front of the TV and visit the girls sunbathing across the road. I also have a couple heli's, boats, cars, robots and whatever else I can find. I have an old Hirobo Shuttle Heli that I've had for about 7 years that I still haven't been able to learn how to fly properly. It works good for tearing up the lawn! I've also been slowly collecting parts and pieces for a large radio control/autonomous robot. I've only been able to build a small autonomous robot that fits in the palm of my hand so far.

I tried to teach myself to fly RC airplanes when I was younger, and put 2 planes into the ground in less than a minute each after spending hundreds of hours building them.

Fast forward about 20 years and I decided to try again. This time I was advised to use the RealFlight R/C simulator on the computer to learn, which I did while building my trainer. I joined a club, and with the assistance of one of the other members, got flying and successfully landed on my first day (landing is the hardest part of flying). I was signed off to fly solo the next weekend. That's how good the simulator is.

After a few years, I ended up adding a fast stunt plane, a biplane, and another stunt plane to the collection.

When I got remarried and moved, I stopped flying, so they're all just hanging in my garage. It doesn't look like they'll be used anytime soon, so I'd like to sell them.

Let me know if you or someone you know might be interested. I also have the RealFlight R/C simulator to learn with. The primary radio is a Futaba 9C. I also have a regular Futaba 4 channel.

:)

Guest human4m
Yep , ME TOO!

Patrick, I would highly recommend the Tower Hobbies flight Simulator.

You can brake your plane as much as you want. nitro to me is a lot easier then electrics to fly. not sure why though. I think maybe there to light for me? dunno.

I have been into this hobby for around 30 years now and I still use the

sim to keep me on my toe's during the winter. I also was at one time hating to build planes, now I enjoy it. it also gives you some idea on how the plane is made. and you can tweak stuff yourself. But I still from time to time pick up ARF planes.

MkII Trainer will be perfect for you :happy65:

Jeff

I have RealFlight, and I get regular updates; New maps, planes, Heli's, etc... I can pretty much land and plane in the sim, and every electric I've flown... The things I seem to have the most issues with are the Heli's and the Jets, (which I don't mind, they're not my favorite things to fly anyhow)

I'm still looking for a good method of approach to my wife on buying the MkII .40 and so far, I figure it's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to ask permission... Looks like I have a new plane coming.

I used to race RC cars, but got out of the hobby as nobody would help each other at the tracks I raced at. No fun for me.

For Christmas 2009 I received a E-Sky big Lama co-axial helicopter. I have flown it quite a bit.

Purchased a Phoenix RC Simulator program and found I could fly single rotor helis in simulation quite well.

I was on travel and bought a E-Flight Blade mSR micro helicopter. it is fixed pitch, single rotor with a motor driven tail rotor. LOTS of fun in doors. I have flown it quite a bit.

I am now looking into purchasing a Align T-Rex 450 Pro and all the gear that takes to operate it..... but it will take away from my other hobbies, Kite flying, Kite building, Kite collecting, Kite book collecting, military kite collecting, kite flying and motorcycling.