IGNORED

Prayers & crossed fingers please

Dragonslayer

Today I've been invited back for a second interview, drug screening and possible job offer for a real job back in my field of expertise, Facility Maintenance Management. I've been out of that field for a while (10 Years) being a self employed sub-contractor and have been actively seeking to get back in the job market for the past two years. I don't mind telling you that it has been rough for me over the past few years like it has been for so many others and many of us. Being at this stage of life with an abundance of experience but no Degree it has been a slow process finding a job in my skill level. Most all jobs even the most basic unskilled entry level jobs require a degree to be considered. Those of you with children emphasis the importance of a college degree.

I have been close to my economic collapse lately facing loosing my house and the possibility of being homeless. It has been so disheartening that emotionally and spiritually I have been finding strength in my faith that things would work out in God's time.

I can see providence at work since this job would be a perfect fit for my past experience

and desire to find a position that would allow me to do meaningful Dragon Slayer work. This facility is an Assisted living facility for medical rehabilitation and hospice patients.

This job would mean so much to me that I am asking for all of the prayer and crossed finger action I can get in hopes that your sent hopes and prayers will help make it happen.

:fingers-crossed-emo

Edited by Dragonslayer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck Bob. Fingers crossed and prayer sent. I know all about those Degrees. Got to have a degree to handle Convicts any more.

Last kid I got with a Degree I had out on the main Yard showing him what was what when I got into a little discussion with a Convict about our rules. After I got done with Convict I looked for him and couldn't find him. Scared me for a minute when other convicts laughingly told me "He went that a way" Back to the admin building and told them I was NUTS and they were getting ready to kill me!!

Experience sometime can't be replaced with that piece of paper but they still want it.

Bob, hopefully they'll see that the desire you have for the job will match how good you'll be for them as an employee. Make sure you polish the forehead and scrape the fingernails! Go in relaxed, and they'll see you're the best man. Good luck.

Good luck and I wish you the best. Interesting thoughts on the degree. A little over six years ago I was about ready to take a BS degree off my resume as I was hunting for anything and in a couple of interviews I had, I was told that the job available did not require a degree. But as it turned out, the job I work at now requires at least an Associate's degree, so my BS did help.

RandyA

Good luck and I wish you the best. Interesting thoughts on the degree. A little over six years ago I was about ready to take a BS degree off my resume as I was hunting for anything and in a couple of interviews I had, I was told that the job available did not require a degree. But as it turned out, the job I work at now requires at least an Associate's degree, so my BS did help.

RandyA

Hey I have a BS degree, I'm still honing it after 25 years

:whistling: