IGNORED

Plans for 2010?

FROG MAN

Dons MD....:banana:International rally...:banana:two or three weekend trips :banana: in ny and pa.:banana: and the remainder of my time riding ANYWHERE:banana:....I'm ready to ride now if it would stop SNOWING:bawling::sign67:....oh yea.....I'm planing many,many,many,many ICE CREAM RUNS......:rotf::rotfl::rotf::fnd_(16):

Besides as many camping weekends as Cathy and I can squeeze in, the following rides are on the calendar for 2010:

Ride-In (tentative) at our place (Suamico WI) or Door County WI (east side), Memorial Day weekend

Bourbon Run, based out of Scottsburg IN, Jun 25 - 28

10th Anniversary Ride-In, Richmond KY, Jun 28 to Jul 2

Tentative, but may come back over to North Liberty for the International Rally ... oldest of my two brothers lives there as well as my mom and husband, plus one of my sisters is just up the road in Lakeville, with the rest in South Bend

"Family Reunion" (not the relatives, but REAL family), 16-18 Jul, ???? WI

Yooper Ride-In, Ishpeming MI, Aug 5 - 8

Davis Rally, New Hampton IA, Sep 10 -12

WI (VentureRider) Maintenance Day (if it's not one of the above weekends)

....sometime in June, either a Lake Superior Saddlesore or a Bun Burner 1500 on the FJR

....Central Region FJR get together sometime late summer or September, not sure on location

Octoberfest, LaCrosse WI, Sep 24 - 26

Apple Orchard Get Together, Richland Center WI, Oct 1 - 3

Was planning on going to the NASCAR night race at Bristol TN again in August, but our source of tickets are getting a divorce and the friends are paying the price :( So camping in the UP or the Northwoods will just have to do (personally, other than the race, I'd rather be camping up this way anyway)

Edited by FJR Rider

I hope everyone will keep in mind that we do plan of having another Asheville Rally this year. It is going to be our intent to have it after Muffinman gets home, but we will not know that exact date until we get closer to it. This will be the year for skipping Vogal, so maybe we will have more that can make Asheville.

For those that have made the Asheville rally, they can attest to it being a very laid back event. We may make some special plans to go somewhere, but many times it is just different suggestions that get acted on. Any meals we fix at the campground is just people throwing some things together and having fun. Most of the time, we have got together some pretty good breakfasts. If you want a door prize, you will have to bring your own.

The biggest problem with coming to Asheville is there are just too many great roads to ride, to many good places to eat and and many, many places to visit, from just plain pretty, to real, real fancy. There are a lot of places to stay from motels to the campground that has cabins and a great place to camp. And the great thing about the camping is we have always been able to get the area next to the lilly pond and just about put everyone in the same area. The campground seems to really appreciate us coming and will accomodate us putting several tents on the same site.

The temperatures in the Asheville area are fairly mild and we have had hot days, and one morning we woke to 53º in late July.

I really hope this will be the biggest Asheville Rally yet.

RandyA

Probably take a long weekend in February, a half week in April, a week in June, another couple weeks in July, a week in August, and hopefully another one or two in the fall. And if all goes well, I'll have several meet and eats on the weekends in between......:biker:

I hope everyone will keep in mind that we do plan of having another Asheville Rally this year. It is going to be our intent to have it after Muffinman gets home, but we will not know that exact date until we get closer to it. .....RandyA

I spoke to Mini last weekend, and Muffin may not be back until September.

Any plans for having a Asheville Rally in August?

Definately on the list: MD, Int'l Rally and we would really like to come down to Asheville this year, haven't been on the bike in the SE yet, got cut out of that coming home from the Int'l rally last year. Other than that, we'll probably have our Brown County run and some other local runs.

I spoke to Mini last weekend, and Muffin may not be back until September.

Any plans for having a Asheville Rally in August?

The great thing about the Asheville Rally is it has been a consenous of when everybody can get together the best. We have usually had them in July to not interfere with Vogal, but August would be fine, or maybe a rally in July and a welcome home Rally for muffin in September. Asheville really is a great location as it is fairly centrally located to the east coast.

We tend to look at Asheville as more of an extended Meet and Eat that lasts for much of a week.

RandyA

We are planning a late June trip around Lake Superior as well as a weekend in door county. I have to say though last summer was my first with my Venture and one think that this winter has made me relize is all the time I wasted last summer when I could have been riding I plan on fixing that from now on

The great thing about the Asheville Rally is it has been a consenous of when everybody can get together the best. We have usually had them in July to not interfere with Vogal, but August would be fine, or maybe a rally in July and a welcome home Rally for muffin in September. Asheville really is a great location as it is fairly centrally located to the east coast.

We tend to look at Asheville as more of an extended Meet and Eat that lasts for much of a week.

RandyA

I sure would like to come back down there again. If the date works I will definitely be there. My kind of meet. Talk about cool riding, I do believe Skid was riding in the mountains in shorts when the temps were in the forty's......

BOO

....... Talk about cool riding, I do believe Skid was riding in the mountains in shorts when the temps were in the forty's......

BOO

Yes I was in shorts, but 40 minutes later in was 80+ degrees in Maggie Valley.... :biker:

And wasn't that when the bee flew up my pants leg and I got stun?:doh:

June 8th - 14 th Byran Tx. to watch a court trial, to make sure the low life SOB, gets life, for leaving a member/Brother, of the Freemasons RC, to die on the side of the roadway after running him over, on I 65 last year. (suppport for the family)

July 8th-then three weeks out. little stugis KY (2) days, ride up to South Bend for the Venture gathering (3) days, to up to NY state, VT, NH, MA, Nova Sc., then run the east coast home.

I am hoping to get enough money together

So I can go out to San Fransisco and check out the

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival October 1-2-3 2010

It would be nice to rent a motorcycle for a day or 2 as well

I have never been to the West Coast I have always wanted to take a ride along the coast

If anyone would like to give me a tour let me know

I will buy lunch...

Dave...

:fingers-crossed-emo