IGNORED

Ok who is still riding?

friesman

I just came in from putting my bike away for the winter, and since 7 pm tonight there is about 4 inches of the white stuff on the ground. I had my last ride last Thursday, and it got to about 8c (low 40's f) , it was a nice day for a ride. ill repost the pics of the ice, the geese and the venture. http://picasaweb.google.ca/friesman1/Nov282009

I was wondering just for curiosity sake who was still riding and where they are living at.

Brian

SNOW???? ... ICE???? what's that??? :rasberry: :rasberry:

Well let me answer your Q ....

Firstly, you know where I live.

Secondly, over the coming months (December, January, February, and March) while your scoot is stored away for the WINTER because you have FRIGID TEMPS, SNOW, and ICE ... guess what I will be doing...

RIDING MY SCOOT

:rasberry: :rasberry: :rasberry:

(I knew my turn would come)

All kidding aside tho ... you've been pretty lucky to get in as much riding as you did up to last Thursday. I doubt I will ride much over those month's coz we get very few nice enuf days on the weekend to ride but... for the most part ... it's generally SNOW & ICE FREE and the temps are almost always ABOVE ZERO. :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still riding here in East Tennessee. :thumbsup2: We rode the Dragon Sunday and logged around 200 miles. It was 65 degrees. No winterizing here, just a little winter gear and look for a sunny day. Many days are above freexing and with the sun out that is all we need. Too bad the job won't allow the bike for business travel or I'd be riding more... :Venture:

Here in Thorp, WI. it's getting harder to get out and ride. I rode a couple days last week though. I don't own any of those fancy heated clothes and accessories so this week it's been a wee bit nipply to ride comfortably for me. The latest I've been able to ride was a couple years ago on January 5th. The earliest I've been able to get out and ride was also a couple years ago on Easter weekend. That's when I rode through the cold, snow, sleet, and rain down to Diamond, MO. My Mom ended up in the hospital with heart problems and I needed to go see her.

Well, I'm still riding, but the SALT will stop it the day it comes out. :crying:

If I buy a cheap ticket, I can take my 1986 out of the warehouse in

sunny Florida and get a few days in that way! Heh,heh,heh:rasberry:

Meanwhile, I'll get the new grips, and highway pegs installed, and get the

new tires and the carbs cleaned on the 1989 "trailer queen" so I can change it's

name next season to the Sky Eagle or sumptin'...:thumbsup2: The Warthog (ugly but very seasoned and trustworthy) is my Florida ride. (1986 VR):dancefool:

My version of winterizing is putting the bike upon the Carbon One Freestanding Lift Adapter with battery tender attached, until thermometer hits 45+ without precipitation. Last year salt on the road wasn't much of a concern in our area, as our city and nearby municipalities were too cash challenged to purchase salt. (Insurance card...don't leave home without it.)

52 degrees & sunny today, allowed for several hours of errand riding. Maybe a few more days before temps will allow my riding again, as it supposed to snow the next 2-3 days.

Jerry

I never winterize, i just use sta-bil in the gas with the battery tender hooked up. i start it up every week and let it run a bit, that way "white lightning" RSV is ready to roll when we get those few days of ride worthy day throughout the winter season.